Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

eBay "Option Racing" Headers review

This is a discussion on eBay "Option Racing" Headers review within the Parts Review forums, part of the Sponsors Group Pricing and Parts Review category; Originally Posted by GoldenFlame Yep. My friend just had them weld a patch over it. He doesn't have EGR anyways ...

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFlame View Post
    Yep. My friend just had them weld a patch over it. He doesn't have EGR anyways
    OK cool. I just picked up mine from the welder who inserted an additional support piece by the EGR to support the week tube. Only cost me $7 so I'm not complaining. Now onto the install!! Happy New Years to you and your family.

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

I have a welder so I'm good to go!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Dabom75 View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-99...Q5fAccessories

Not Option but still looks same and nice price.
    these are the ones i have... they are fantastic other than the EGR tube... EGR is worthless anyway...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    these are the ones i have... they are fantastic other than the EGR tube... EGR is worthless anyway...
    and for CA people who are afraid to get rid of thier EGR... tell the guy your motor blew and you put a new one in and it's a 02 motor... they can't do shit about it...

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Definitely agree. The air/egr provisions are junk but who keeps them anyway...

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

Hey guys when the EGR tube brakes off is it because the weld is weak or because it hangs out and needs a support welded to brace it?

Blue
    2000 WS6 Ram Air Trans Am

Just did my header install yesterday. Mine fit without any issue, however there are some things I should point out that I don't like. The O2 sensor on the passenger side points downward about 20 degs, not good on a lowered car, I'm going to have to have it moved. The collector on the Drivers side is angled slightly toward the floor, making it difficult to get the Texas speed Y pipe over the support. Mine is hitting the floor at the moment. The air tube flanges were 90 off from the air tube pipes, easy fix to rebend the tubes, but don't do it on the car. Use a vice.

Other than those items, they fit and look very nice. I had 0 issues sliding them up from under the car on either side. I reused the metal gaskets and I don't appear to have any leaks. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

Nice, I like the cat set up.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by Goldcuffs View Post
    Hey guys when the EGR tube brakes off is it because the weld is weak or because it hangs out and needs a support welded to brace it?
    Its because it doesn't belong on the car and needs to be properly taken care of/ welded shut

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Gotta say that O2 pointing downward would piss me off

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Yep, same ones I have...Nice aren't they!!!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Goldcuffs View Post
    it's because i didn't have the egr hooked up... i had the provision on the header capped off and it's a really long tube... i tihnk it justhad to much movement/shaking that it snapped...

Impounded

'00 Z28 M6 NBM
    I piss excellence.

Ebay Option Stainless Headers are by far the best investment I have made on a vehicle. Can't beat the price.
    Last edited by koda.Z28; 01-07-2010 at 05:22 AM.

Sunfire Yellow
    02 Collector Edition T/A

Hey thanks for posting pics! The position of that 02 sensor pointing downward bugs me but overall they look alright for the exceptional price.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by beach cruiser View Post

Click for full size
    Can you get us a picture of the car with suspension loaded (on ground), and get a few good pictures of that o2 sensor?

Blue
    2000 WS6 Ram Air Trans Am

It's to freaking cold to take pictures outside right now. But let me tell you that the O2 sensor is getting moved this weekend! Bugs the shit out of me. My car is sitting on Strano springs and is pretty low. The driver's side cat needs some more tweeking as well. And I'm going to replace the ubolt clamp at the y merge with a three bolt collector style flange to make removing it all much easier. I've hit it on the ground twice and there's no way I'd attempt a speed bump at the moment. The header collectors are not the problem (execpt the O2 sensor) it's the 3" texas speed pipes near the middle of the car. I'll add some updates as I get pics. for the price, you can't beat the actual headers.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by beach cruiser View Post
    It's to freaking cold to take pictures outside right now. But let me tell you that the O2 sensor is getting moved this weekend! Bugs the shit out of me. My car is sitting on Strano springs and is pretty low. The driver's side cat needs some more tweeking as well. And I'm going to replace the ubolt clamp at the y merge with a three bolt collector style flange to make removing it all much easier. I've hit it on the ground twice and there's no way I'd attempt a speed bump at the moment. The header collectors are not the problem (execpt the O2 sensor) it's the 3" texas speed pipes near the middle of the car. I'll add some updates as I get pics. for the price, you can't beat the actual headers.
    Gotcha. Just trying to get some, if any flaws of the Ebay Options on paper. The o2 sensor placement here looks to be completely un-doable even with a stock ride height car. Thanks.

Impounded

'00 Z28 M6 NBM
    I piss excellence.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Gotcha. Just trying to get some, if any flaws of the Ebay Options on paper. The o2 sensor placement here looks to be completely un-doable even with a stock ride height car. Thanks.
    directly under the header...only complaint i have w/ mine.
    Last edited by koda.Z28; 01-07-2010 at 09:42 AM.

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

it's because i didn't have the egr hooked up... i had the provision on the header capped off and it's a really long tube... i tihnk it justhad to much movement/shaking that it snapped...
    Ahh, finally, an intelligent reply to my question. Thank you.

Sunfire Yellow
    02 Collector Edition T/A

Can some post a pic who have them those who has either patch over their EGR tube or braced it?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information