Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

eBay "Option Racing" Headers review

This is a discussion on eBay "Option Racing" Headers review within the Parts Review forums, part of the Sponsors Group Pricing and Parts Review category; I thought about buying these for my car so I could save some money . But I decided to buy ...

Black
    2003 Z06 Corvette

eBay "Option Racing"

I thought about buying these for my car so I could save some money . But
    I decided to buy ARH 1 7/8" Headers only no X-pipe $842 del. I got them friday and then took them straight to the Hotcoat place to have them put their 1800* coating on them $175 yeah too much money but I am afraid of fitment issues,warping and Bad welds etc:
    I wanted to run a set of texas speed headers but I have heard of a few problems
    My last car had a set of cheapies on it and what pain in the a********* they added a ton of heat into the engine bay,warped flanges etc:
    One thing I noticed about the 304ss headers is they are too heavy not a concern for some but it's an issue with me.
    I was hoping to put a set of coated aluminized headers on mine to save some money and weight, I could care less about SS lasting twenty years like the manufactures claim because I'm a Modder and they will probably only be on my car for 3-5 years anyway, or till something better and lighter comes along.

Bon

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i have a set of ebay headers... other than the egr tube (which i didn't need anyway) the welds were perfect...
    Last edited by 0rion; 11-25-2009 at 12:26 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

jsremmos
    you're not a sponsor here so you cannot sell here. To find out about becoming a sponsor please contact Edblownvert.

Black on Black
    2001 Trans Am ws6

OOPS guys I will more than happilly support this site. I didnt mean any harm. Just wanted to let everyone know. To all the kings and queens of ls1 Sorry I didnt know! Though now that I think about it it makes alot of sense. I hope I didnt offend any site supporters!

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

That's what I like to hear! Mine should be arriving any day now. How long have you had your ebayer's on for??? Did they increase your engine temp??? What gaskets did you use. I ordered the GM OEM Exhaust gaskets........

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by jb3golf View Post
    That's what I like to hear! Mine should be arriving any day now. How long have you had your ebayer's on for??? Did they increase your engine temp??? What gaskets did you use. I ordered the GM OEM Exhaust gaskets........
    By the way SPAZ that quote was in reference to your comment.....

Red
    98 Trans Am

Ok the option and JVT ones are ok then, what about the OBX racing headers? not the ones with the ypipe but the ones that look like pacesetters, only stainless and have an OBX logo on them.http://ls1.com/forums/showthread.php...=option+racing

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by jb3golf View Post
    By the way SPAZ that quote was in reference to your comment.....
    i've had mine for a while... the engine temp didn't increase but the engine bay are did get hotter... i used OEM gaskets... the gaskets tehy send with the headers are really crappy ones...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    Ok the option and JVT ones are ok then, what about the OBX racing headers? not the ones with the ypipe but the ones that look like pacesetters, only stainless and have an OBX logo on them.http://ls1.com/forums/showthread.php...=option+racing
    Frost tuned someones car from here that had the OBX setup I believe and he was impressed with them. Maybe send him a PM and ask who it was or get his input on them. I just remember him saying the quality looked great on them and I'm pretty sure they were OBX. The user that had them escapes me at the moment but maybe it'll come back to me.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

found the link to the thread.....I believe it was GNCTRY that had these

What to Mod first and Order of Mods?

Red
    98 Trans Am

well that makes me feel better. If frost says its pretty good then im happy with my purchase so far. I got the ones that only come with the headers, but they look to be a better style and posibly bigger piping all together. They look like stainless paesetters. they have the whole look to them. I hope i did good. They are on the way as we speak. cant wait. Im gonna order the TSP y-pipe later next week, that way they come about the same time i guess. I still need the extentions and "proper gaskets unless i can save the originals. Band clamps can be bought at a parts dealer like autozone or napa right?
    Turbo build 99.9% complete

98 Formula
    06 duramax

yep and your stock gaskets will be fine to reuse. I would ask around and verify the TSP y fits those. I haven't read one way or the other but maybe let us know what you find out in this thread so all the info is here together.
    How many miles are on your O2's? If they're high mileage I would just order bosch 13111 sensors and skip the extensions. Don't need them with those sensors.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

At the end of the day its welded bent pipe........ 2 or 3 hp isnt the end of the world which is probably all you lose.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    yep and your stock gaskets will be fine to reuse. I would ask around and verify the TSP y fits those. I haven't read one way or the other but maybe let us know what you find out in this thread so all the info is here together.
    How many miles are on your O2's? If they're high mileage I would just order bosch 13111 sensors and skip the extensions. Don't need them with those sensors.
    I will most definatly keep ya'll posted on my header journey. Since it seems im the ginny pig at the moment with the "exspensive" ebay headers. $360 is bad for Stainless headers i suppose. At least they wont rust As for the ory, ill read around and ask, and if i cant get a difinate answer or a ye or na ill just custom fab one then. The TSP ORY looks like it can be adjusted to fit. Nothing a metalworker like myself cant handle. little grinding and welding and hammering and thier you go so the bosch sensors come with extentions? I got 98000 on the car so it probably a good time to replace O2s

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    I will most definatly keep ya'll posted on my header journey. Since it seems im the ginny pig at the moment with the "exspensive" ebay headers. $360 is bad for Stainless headers i suppose. At least they wont rust As for the ory, ill read around and ask, and if i cant get a difinate answer or a ye or na ill just custom fab one then. The TSP ORY looks like it can be adjusted to fit. Nothing a metalworker like myself cant handle. little grinding and welding and hammering and thier you go so the bosch sensors come with extentions? I got 98000 on the car so it probably a good time to replace O2s
    the 13111 sensors are the part number for the vette rears.....just a longer harness on them. At 98k it'd be an excellent time to get new ones.

Red
    98 Trans Am

98 Formula
    06 duramax

yeah, that looks like it. That's a damn good price too. I think I paid $75 a pop for mine locally.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    yeah, that looks like it. That's a damn good price too. I think I paid $75 a pop for mine locally.
    im pretty good a finding deal on ebay. found a set of bluepoint ratchet wrenches metric for $80. They retail at almost 300 from snapon, jerks..
    Anyway, these r what i need to finsh the header install? they say aftercat O2s but they are compatable right?

Red
    98 Trans Am

Ok ive calculated my costs
    OBX Stainless Steel Headers - $360
    Bosch O2/extentionss 13111 -$90
    Texas Speed ORY-Pipe - $158
    Tune by Frost - $125
    total - $733

I think i might hold off on the tune untili get a cam and head upgrade

98 Formula
    06 duramax

don't cheap on the tune....won't get the gains out of the headers you're looking for without the tune. It's a very common thing for people to cheap out on the tuning side of it but truth be told that's where most of your gains will be. I'd be curious to see what a car with a tune would dyno vs one with headers and no tune.....bet it'd be closer than you think.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information