Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

eBay "Option Racing" Headers review

This is a discussion on eBay "Option Racing" Headers review within the Parts Review forums, part of the Sponsors Group Pricing and Parts Review category; Originally Posted by hiramsuito Well, they are cheap for sure. I just had them installed about a month ago. There ...

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by hiramsuito View Post
    Well, they are cheap for sure. I just had them installed about a month ago. There were some issues with this one being the o2 sensors location my first concern, they really point down making it kind of dangerous for your O2s, nothing some relocation welding can't do.

Next was the k member rub, at least on my car I had to grind the k member because headers wouldn't fit. So that's something to think about if you are buying these.

After wondering why it was rubing I discovered that both headers after being bolted in, the exits weren't going straight back , I mean they were pointing down but exits were tending to the left or right depending on the side.

After the custom exhaust, the 3.42s and the FloPac, i have to say this car runs pretty good.

Now waiting for a tune...
    Nice bro. I see you live in AZ......what city??? I'm in Oro Valley, AZ......have you done a cam yet on your vehicle??? If you ever do let me know since I installed my whole engine including cam, heads & Lt's.....a cam will LOVE those LT's.....It's a fairly easy install that can save you ALOT of money in labor.....take care.

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

does anyone know where to buy the cheap headers from now? you cant find option racing's LS1 header on ebay anymore, and you cant find dptmotorsports headers either...cuz im about ready to buy a set of headers and cant find them now

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ28 View Post
    does anyone know where to buy the cheap headers from now? you cant find option racing's LS1 header on ebay anymore, and you cant find dptmotorsports headers either...cuz im about ready to buy a set of headers and cant find them now
    Go the "JVT" LS1 header. It's the same header as all the others. It's the brand I purchased & installed. Let me know what you find.

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

i cant even find the jvt headers on ebay

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

OK!! Next option: Ebay is selling a set of 98-99 OBX Long Tube headers for only $199.00!!!! Just type in OBX LS1 headers! Let me know how that goes......

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Look here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-R...Q5fAccessories

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

thanks for finding these...this sucks tho, because now the cost is over 230 shipped, vs the other sets were like 180 shipped

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

thanks for finding these...this sucks tho, because now the cost is over 230 shipped, vs the other sets were like 180 shipped
    Alright Bro!!!! I am selling those JVT headers on EBAY right now starting @$50.00. Look here:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...STRK:MESELX:IT

If you have any questions let me know.
    Last edited by jb3golf; 04-14-2010 at 01:06 PM.

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

id be interested if the one pipe you "altered" to fit near the k member wasnt crushed nearly flat....that cant be good for flow

edit, just noticed they are already sold

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

id be interested if the one pipe you "altered" to fit near the k member wasnt crushed nearly flat....that cant be good for flow

edit, just noticed they are already sold
    Yeah, man they didn't last 10 minutes!!! At least someone will get some good usage out of them. Have you had any second thoughts on the OBX headers??? Seem to be the best buy for quality out there.....

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

i dont know about the obx headers...seems like a lot of crap to go thru just for them to fit

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

i dont know about the obx headers...seems like a lot of crap to go thru just for them to fit
    Well then what's next man??? As LS1 owners we have options but it all comes down to what we are willing to pay for a given product. I know texas speed is selling pacesetter ceramic coated headers for under $380.00 on ebay right now.....I can tell you they fit PERFECT and there is no fabrication needed. BUT again they cost at least $376.00 so let us know which way you go. I say go pacesetters WHEN you have the MONEY and just be done with it. With the SS LT's they'll work, but as always you get what you pay for.......so prepare for fabricating...

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Yes they are cheap headers. But im cheap too! That is why I have them on my car. As far as fitting I had them installed without doing anything crazy. The car is not my d/d so I don't have to worry about having down time with mods.
    Issues I have had with the ebay headers:
    The emissions provisions are not welded on right. I had one snap off. Had to pull the header and weld the hole up.

I have a pacesetter ory with them and it to some effort to get them to fit

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post
    Yes they are cheap headers. But im cheap too! That is why I have them on my car. As far as fitting I had them installed without doing anything crazy. The car is not my d/d so I don't have to worry about having down time with mods.
    The emissions provisions are not welded on right. I had one snap off. Had to pull the header and weld the hole up.

Yep......seems like a minimal amount of adjustment when your saving well over $300-$600 depending on the brand your comparing them to......

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by jb3golf View Post
    OK!! Next option: Ebay is selling a set of 98-99 OBX Long Tube headers for only $199.00!!!! Just type in OBX LS1 headers! Let me know how that goes......
    I saw that and about threw my computer out the window. I bought mine for 300 not 2 months before they started selling some for 199. OBX LT headers and LLP ypipes the way to go. All stainless and very little hassles yet. EGR/AIR tubes still intact. put almost 6000 miles on this setup and still sounds good.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    I saw that and about threw my computer out the window. I bought mine for 300 not 2 months before they started selling some for 199. OBX LT headers and LLP ypipes the way to go. All stainless and very little hassles yet. EGR/AIR tubes still intact. put almost 6000 miles on this setup and still sounds good.
    That's awesome man. At least we now have a reference for a good combination to buy (OBX + LLP Y-pipe).......

Red
    98 Trans Am

No prob. Now i cant speak for the Catted y-pipe, however, the ORY's craftmanship should carry into the catted y. THey both have a nice merge compared to other ypipes.... and of course the best part is they are stainless As for the OBX, either the KIT or the Stand alone LT headers seem to be a good choice among alot of the other budget minded f-body folk.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post

Same exact thing as you. Same Parts, Same issue, same damn effort for the y pipe!
    2002 Camaro SS A4 - SLP# 2951 l MS4 l LT's w/ORY l F.A.S.T 78 & TB l Borla l Cutout l CME l TCI 3500 l 3.23's l !emissions l !sway

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

I say WE ALL do what we can to GET ER done! Money is tight these days.................BTW where has all the SS Ebay headers gone???? It does look like they've disappeared......hmmm...

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

FINALLY found another ebay store that has the option type long tube headers for sale.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...item27b27ab8ea

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Thread Information