Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

eBay "Option Racing" Headers review

This is a discussion on eBay "Option Racing" Headers review within the Parts Review forums, part of the Sponsors Group Pricing and Parts Review category; just checking. i didnt want to order them then 2 weeks down the road. you guys are saying how crappy ...

Black
    2001 Formula

just checking. i didnt want to order them then 2 weeks down the road. you guys are saying how crappy they are

Red
    98 Trans Am

The only real difference i can tell between the OBX and the JVT type Long tube headers is that the OBX primaries are one piece from the flange to the colloctor, while the JVT and simaler cheaper brands (or no names) have a few primaries that are multiple sections. It seems like mostly the rear primaries where they tend to bend alot. my two cents on the matter. I figure i go with the one that copies major brands in design. has less pieces to risk a leak later on.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

So, has ANYONE gotten their ride tuned after these were installed??????!!!! I'm hoping to get one done in 2 weeks........ANYONE??????? DYNO NUMBERS?????

Blue
    2000 WS6 Ram Air Trans Am

I was scheduled to go on the dyno right after I intalled them, but My oil pressure sensor decided to erupt. March 6th is the new scheduled date. I'll post up afterwards. FWYW, Gtech go pro dials it in aroung 348, whereas it was about 310 before.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by ls1wallen View Post
    just checking. i didnt want to order them then 2 weeks down the road. you guys are saying how crappy they are
    no... they aren't crappy but do have some issues... for the price you can't beat them...

Blue

Finally some Dyno numbers! Ebay headers, Texas Speed Catted Y pipe, hooker aerochamber catback, LS6 intake, Stock WS6 lid, that's it.

332 HP, 338 TQ.

After the 2nd pull we swapped the intake over to a SLP lid, smooth bellows and descreened MAF. Actually made less power, but it was going so lean that we only pulled it to 5500. I NEED MORE FUEL! my Dyno guy told me with a tune, I should be around the 360 mark.

Last edited by beach cruiser; 03-11-2010 at 08:05 AM.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by beach cruiser View Post
    Finally some Dyno numbers! Ebay headers, Texas Speed Catted Y pipe, hooker aerochamber catback, LS6 intake, Stock WS6 lid, that's it.

332 HP, 338 TQ.

After the 2nd pull we swapped the intake over to a SLP lid, smooth bellows and descreened MAF. Actually made less power, but it was going so lean that we only pulled it to 5500. I NEED MORE FUEL! my Dyno guy told me with a tune, I should be around the 360 mark.

Click for full size
    definitly get it tuned!!!

Red
    98 Trans Am

wow, looks like I really need that tune too then. wouldnt mind seeing 350+ hp

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

Beach what brand did u buy from eBay?

Blue

I got mine from Option Racing out of CA, but I don't see them up there anymore. They look just like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-01...Q5fAccessories

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

Found these and was wondering what you guys thought of them. It is headers and a catted Y

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-H...Q5fAccessories

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    wow, looks like I really need that tune too then. wouldnt mind seeing 350+ hp
    Dude GET A TUNE!!! I have ebay LT's also w/224R cam + LS6 intake AND AFTER the tune it's like night and day..........drives like stock......

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by Dabom75 View Post
    Found these and was wondering what you guys thought of them. It is headers and a catted Y

Yeah, I've seen this set up on Ebay and it looks pretty good....Quality seems to be there & the guys on here have good things to say about OBX.......Price is very competitive BUT how long have they been selling THIS kit???? HOW MANY have actually SOLD?????? I would check to see if anyone else purchased this and follow up with them. In fact do that on ebay!! It says ONE sold so check with the buyer from THAT auction......let us know what you find out.......

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Good work Beach Cruiser!!! FINALLY some DYNO #'s......although that TUNE is gonna surprise you in terms of driveability, power & gas mileage. AFTER a tune your ride is gonna be a whole new beast.....

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

What's emissions like in Alabama??? If I were you I would just get the EBAY LT's, make a few improvements on their design, and save like $250-$600 compared to other brands...... ditch the cats, get a ORY and tune....your all done.........

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by jb3golf View Post
    Yeah, I've seen this set up on Ebay and it looks pretty good....Quality seems to be there & the guys on here have good things to say about OBX.......Price is very competitive BUT how long have they been selling THIS kit???? HOW MANY have actually SOLD?????? I would check to see if anyone else purchased this and follow up with them. In fact do that on ebay!! It says ONE sold so check with the buyer from THAT auction......let us know what you find out.......
    Theres a one guy that bought this kit version of the OBX headers and is about to do an install on it. I dont know what thread it is.

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

No emissions here in AL

I do not know what deleting the AIR would take in means of work. I was gonna hook up my AIR and block off the EGR on them.

I was gonna run a catted Y as to cut down on the rasp so many say you get with an ory. I want it to sound mean just not deafening.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

No emissions here in AL

I do not know what deleting the AIR would take in means of work. I was gonna hook up my AIR and block off the EGR on them.

I was gonna run a catted Y as to cut down on the rasp so many say you get with an ory. I want it to sound mean just not deafening.
    Oh....Ok.......No emissions means the sky is the limit for you! I wish AZ was the same. BTW you'll be just fine doing what your saying above.....nothing wrong with just blocking the EGR off, that's what I did as well. BUT if you get the Ebay LT's be ready to purchase some 02 sensors for your upstream(front) pair. I know LT's burn them out rather quickly.......burned mine out after like two runs on the street......

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

Ya was gonna get a pair of Bosch to replace them with so I do nto have to have extensions on the O2 wires.

former bright green
    98 z28

Well, they are cheap for sure. I just had them installed about a month ago. There were some issues with this one being the o2 sensors location my first concern, they really point down making it kind of dangerous for your O2s, nothing some relocation welding can't do.

Next was the k member rub, at least on my car I had to grind the k member because headers wouldn't fit. So that's something to think about if you are buying these.

After wondering why it was rubing I discovered that both headers after being bolted in, the exits weren't going straight back , I mean they were pointing down but exits were tending to the left or right depending on the side.

After the custom exhaust, the 3.42s and the FloPac, i have to say this car runs pretty good.

Now waiting for a tune...

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread Information