Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Like Tree37Likes

Thinking about buying a 2014 Camaro 2SS

This is a discussion on Thinking about buying a 2014 Camaro 2SS within the General Help forums, part of the 5th Generation Chevrolet Camaro 2010 - 2015 category; Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 For me if it was between a 5.0, a SS, or a SRT8 I would hate ...

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    For me if it was between a 5.0, a SS, or a SRT8 I would hate to say it but I would go with the SRT8. The main reason is the overall aggressiveness, comfort, and performance. I have a Charger RT and it is pretty fast for how heavy it is. The interior is nice and the new ones are even nicer, I have a 06. The ride is also pretty comfortable as well. The best thing you can do if you are bent on a new car is test drive each of them and make your decision then. People can tell you their opinions but only you can make the decision for you.
    When my wife took a job that was 200 miles round trip everyday, we started thinking "new car." Having to choose between those (Challenger, 5.0, camaro SS), my wife and I really leaned towards the 5.0 mustang. Performance and gas mileage between the 3 are very similar but the prices were vastly different. I was at a point of needing to do a new rearend in her 4th gen SS. After looking over all the options (for months, and in the meantime she was using a rental) We had to make a decision. We even looked at Mini's. Cute car. We are middle aged, could afford anything we want, but at this age we are past the thought process of having "the latest and greatest" and frankly we don't like having car payments this late in life (or the higher insurance and tags). If we were 30 years younger maybe, but not now.
    We decided to keep the 4th gen SS, I put a new Strange 12 bolt in it, and don't regret the decision one bit. It still runs fantastic at 110,000 miles now, gets 30 mpg highway, doesn't use a drop of oil, doesn't have the commonly complained about piston slap, and runs mid 12's at 112 mph on stock rubber. I'll just put another engine in it when the time comes and keep driving it. That might be another 100,000 miles from now which could be the rest of our lives. My wife just loves to drive the darn thing and couldn't part with it. Funny, one of the biggest reasons was the cloth interior it has. Just couldn't find a new car on the lot (in any of the 3 choices) with cloth interior, and we just won't do leather at all, too old for that shit now. So in the end that really killed it for us.
    I don't mind all the little things that may crop up, but frankly it's been a great car, only replaced window motors once and that was an easy job. That's really the only major issue we've ever had with it. After driving classic cars most of the time for me, I find the 4th gen (with it's still bone stock suspension) rides/handles/stops like a friggin slot car compared to any of the classics I have in the garage. So jumping in that (a 14 year old car now) is like a brand new one compared to what I'm used to

I think it's all relative with what you're used to driving and what you are capable of mechanically. For some, minor repairs are overwhelming and the thought makes some people look for another car. Others it's no big deal. In the end you make the best decision that fits your needs. In this case it looks like he chose the new car. That's fantastic and hopefully he enjoys the car. I'm sure it will treat him just fine.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 07-06-2014 at 06:13 AM.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrillakilla13 View Post
    I had to do it man.

Gentlemen, welcome the newest member of my family 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE for $38k dollars. 3 year bumper to bumper, 2 year maintenance, 5 year powertrain. 6 speed manual. Black leather interior, gray panel trim, blue accent lighting. I'm so incredibly happy right now you guys have no idea.

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    That car looks sweet! Don't change a thing!

I think so too. Although I'm not a huge fan of black wheels on anything other than a truck, I do like the blacked out hood treatment, reminds me of 69-70 Mach 1 Mustangs.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Sorry to say, I see em every other block. Sometimes the same color right on each other's tail. To each his own, as always. Enjoy it.

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    Sorry to say, I see em every other block. Sometimes the same color right on each other's tail. To each his own, as always. Enjoy it.
    I thought I would come back to see the outcome.

Can't you just be happy for him? instead its another dig.

Congrats Guerrillakilla13 on your new ride have fun with it,your going to love it.
    2010 Camaro SIM 2SS/RS A6
    1999 TA A4 NBM
    12.265 at 110.52mph

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

It's the 1LE, after all!

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Tom. I respect Ryan and his choice. He heard all sides of the fence, and stuck to his guns. I actually would like to hear how his new ride compares to his old ride. Would like to check it out sometime too. Not from the outside. You can see how that relates to me. See em all the time. No way to argure that one. But, to see how it drives and feels. Maybe it really is a better car. Def wouldn't mind showing off the little mods I've done to mine and see how they relate. Ryan, not trying to rain on your parade bud. I have to stick to my guns, same as you. I'm sure you can respect that.

- - - Updated - - -

Mark, you traitor!! JK

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Thanks guys, and thanks Tom and Ray Keith I understand. I too was once skeptical, like most of you, about how often we all see Camaro's down the street. That's a reason why I went with a 2014 body. That's also why I had to get the 1LE. I went to the car show at the pavilions (AZ guys will get this; its an event held every Saturday for muscles and exotics and etc), I saw plenty of ZL1's but I was the only 1lE in sight; let alone, the only SS with that body style. 2014's are actually rare from what I see, let alone the SS version.

For those of you wondering, the car drive fantastic. I'm new to manual so I can't speak on those terms, but the ride is quiet, smooth, and that 6.2L V8 noise from the front is incredible. In my opinion, it's miles better than a WS6 (not to knock the WS6, it's just..you know..alot of things change in 12 years). I just wish i had a catback installed already! And I also wish break-in would be over sooner than later!! I'm only at 220 miles at this point.
    Last edited by Guerrillakilla13; 07-10-2014 at 12:07 AM.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Congrats!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information