Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thinking about buying a 2014 Camaro 2SS

This is a discussion on Thinking about buying a 2014 Camaro 2SS within the General Help forums, part of the 5th Generation Chevrolet Camaro 2010 - 2015 category; I regret selling my 2000 T/A. Pretty much the only car I regret getting rid of. Wasn't the fastest car ...

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I regret selling my 2000 T/A. Pretty much the only car I regret getting rid of. Wasn't the fastest car I ever owned, (probably the 2nd fastest when I had all the mods on it), wasn't the most comfy, wasn't the newest. But I really enjoyed driving it and I got pretty good at it.

Someday though I do want to buy a brand new muscle car and try to keep it until I am old and can't drive it anymore. I want it to be mine and never have been someone elses. But kids and house projects keep coming first. And I have to get rid of some other toys. Someday though, someday.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 06-20-2014 at 07:30 AM.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Ryan, the reasons you state I can counter and still be cheaper/better than buying a new car. But in the end it's up to you to get what makes you happy. If your WS6 is paid off why not keep it. You can always sell later. Biggest regret is selling/trading it in and later realize that it was a mistake and hate the "new" car. That's happen to me.
    This...I personally would just buy something I can afford without selling the TA if I needed or wanted another car. My TA will blow the doors off any new camaro (having close to 250 to 275 or so more hp) if you talk price for price it is built cheaper as well including the price I paid for it. Also it will handle very well and brake pretty close to if not the same as or better than the new camaro . Best of all no large payments. However, like Scott said though it is ultimately up to you and only you can make the decision but I would think a lot before you do it.
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 06-20-2014 at 07:44 AM.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

There's a huge part of me that absolutely agrees with what you all are saying. I know for a fact I will miss my car and the memories. Then I think about what made me love the car so much. The rumble of that V8, the muscle and history behind the car name, how rare it is, how beautiful of a car and how it shines, things like that. Then I realize I could do this to the Camaro and more. I put in a few pics to show you my taste in cars. If I can do this to a T/A, just imagine what I could do with a beautiful 2014 RS SS (mind you, this body is only for 2 years).

(Look at the front left side, there's a huge dent in there. No one i've been to says they can buff that out without replacing panels. I call BS but i'm tired of looking.) At least with a new car, I can have the satisfaction of getting perfect paint and interior. I don't have to worry about owners before me doing sh*t like they did to this T/A. And I know a bird is faster, but a few bolt ons and it wont be. The only thing holding me back is the car payments I would have to make, but in my opinion they would probably be worth it. I'm gonna keep the Camaro til it's death. I would have kept the bird but its automatic and those issues I stated before are quite costly and time consuming to do. Did I mention that since the thing has been lowered (previous owner), when I hit a bump I get a huge bang? Definitely not good for the wheels or suspension.

When I bought it, it originally looked like this

A few upgrades later and I made it look like this.

pajeff02 likes this.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrillakilla13 View Post
    Zinergy, Isn't the LS3 a 6.2 liter as well? Other than that yeah the compression ratio and valve train...shoulda known that. One of the idiot salesmen told me dropping a supercharger is super easy on one of those cars.

Murder after midnight..in my 3 years of being here, I don't think I've ever seen your name before Here's the real reasons why i'm trying to justify (to myself) why buying a new car is the best thing to do.

1. One owner status. I take care of my cars, so i'll keep that value high
    2. Suspension. The WS6 can't corner, but a new Camaro can. The ride will also probably be smoother
    3. Cabin noise. The road noise is awful in my car.
    4. Mytouch. I think it'll be pretty cool to have.
    5. Stereo. In the WS6 I can't hear music or anyone on the phone. Mainly again cause of the road noise, but also because the speakers are crap.
    6. Manual. WS6 is automatic, and I literally hate that so much.
    7. Braking. I can't brake worth sh*t in my car, honestly. It takes alot of effort to slow that thing down.
    8. reliability. I'd get a 3 year bumper to bumper, 5 year power train warranty. That's pretty nice.
    9. LS3 vs LS1.. Need I say more?

The only disadvantage I can think of is that beautiful car of mine will take awhile to build. Also, a new exhaust will take a bit of money and time to get. Can I just say that money is the only disadvantage here?

How can I ignore this pretty face?

Don't get me wrong. There is a reason why I started this thread. I want to hear you all out on why I should or shouldn't invest in a new car.
    SO your saying you have never seen me post her in the last three years? You can't be serious man.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Zinergy, Isn't the LS3 a 6.2 liter as well? Other than that yeah the compression ratio and valve train...shoulda known that. One of the idiot salesmen told me dropping a supercharger is super easy on one of those cars.

Murder after midnight..in my 3 years of being here, I don't think I've ever seen your name before Here's the real reasons why i'm trying to justify (to myself) why buying a new car is the best thing to do.

1. One owner status. I take care of my cars, so i'll keep that value high
    2. Suspension. The WS6 can't corner, but a new Camaro can. The ride will also probably be smoother
    3. Cabin noise. The road noise is awful in my car.
    4. Mytouch. I think it'll be pretty cool to have.
    5. Stereo. In the WS6 I can't hear music or anyone on the phone. Mainly again cause of the road noise, but also because the speakers are crap.
    6. Manual. WS6 is automatic, and I literally hate that so much.
    7. Braking. I can't brake worth sh*t in my car, honestly. It takes alot of effort to slow that thing down.
    8. reliability. I'd get a 3 year bumper to bumper, 5 year power train warranty. That's pretty nice.
    9. LS3 vs LS1.. Need I say more?

The only disadvantage I can think of is that beautiful car of mine will take awhile to build. Also, a new exhaust will take a bit of money and time to get. Can I just say that money is the only disadvantage here?

How can I ignore this pretty face?

Don't get me wrong. There is a reason why I started this thread. I want to hear you all out on why I should or shouldn't invest in a new car.
    SO your saying you have never seen me post here in the last three years? Come on now you can't be serious man.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Sorry buddy. And I would remember a name like Murder after Midnight

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Those are some sweet rims. Maybe if you are going to get rid of the car, we could talk. I have the stock WS6 rims in almost perfect shape we could put on it before you sell it?

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Thanks alot man I really appreciate your offer. I'm not losing anything on it really, believe it or not each rim cost around 200 bucks.

On a side note, what If i got bumblebee? hahaha
    http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-spor...wSWQiOm51bGx9@

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Where did you get them? What size are they?

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Not 100% sure on that size, I'll find out for you tomorrow. But I got it off tirerack.com. they're called ZR replica or something similar.
    2014 Camaro: Check. 2SS: Check. 1LE: Check. 6 Speed manual? CHECK

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

JMHO but what you currently have looks better than a 5th gen.
    SiggyZ and pajeff02 like this.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Thank you, I appreciate that. I assure you gentlemen that my next car will look just as good no matter what it is or when I get it.

PS Keith http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

mine are 18X9.5 though

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Thanks.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I hate the tail lights on the 2014 Camaro.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

IMHO I think the taillights now are much better then they were before. I hated the dual taillights thing
    SMWS6TA likes this.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

IMHO I think the taillights now are much better then they were before. I hated the dual taillights thing
    To each their own. Makes it look like a Prelude in the back.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

agree. the half moon what ever they are called look like ass. New tail lights much better.

So what color you getting?

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I mean...They're not that similar man. Look at the one with RS, and then here the one without. They're worlds apart from the prelude when lit up. But I kinda see where you're coming from.

http://www.sensethecar.com/wp-conten...View-Image.jpg

http://carmodelsworld.com/wp-content...ear-lights.jpg

Scott i'm getting a 2ss in White. Reminds me of the Z/28, and the black hood vent looks fantastic with it. Beautiful car in person that's for sure!

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    agree. the half moon what ever they are called look like ass. New tail lights much better.
    Yeah, the new Corvette designers wanted to make sure they had the nastiest looking taillights so the Camaro had to change.

They needn't have worried.
    Demanding something free on top of a discount is just being a Democrat

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Ya know, I'm sure some of you guys will rub your eyes at this, but maybe I should get a 1LE.. If I can get one at 37 or 38 grand maybe..?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but its got red calipers, black rims, black hood, better suspension and taller gear ratio? Idk if I'm in love with that black hood though.

The Local Chevy dealer looked for me when I told them what I wanted. 2ss, white with RS, blue leather interior, short throw shifter. They couldn't find one within 300 miles. They do however have a 2SS 1LE, white (black hood), with RS. Idk..

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information