Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thinking about buying a 2014 Camaro 2SS

This is a discussion on Thinking about buying a 2014 Camaro 2SS within the General Help forums, part of the 5th Generation Chevrolet Camaro 2010 - 2015 category; Right from the page it says: "kooks 1 7/8 long tube headers, kooks full exhaust, vararam, ported throttle body, underdrive ...

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Right from the page it says:

"kooks 1 7/8 long tube headers, kooks full exhaust, vararam, ported throttle body, underdrive pulley, thermostat, 17" bogarts all around, skinnes and MT 295/45-17 drag radials. 3730 lbs race weight"

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the only relevant parts here are the LT's, exhaust, vararam, throttle body and underdrive pulley? As well as the radials of course

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    My 02 dynoed at 308/323 at the rear wheels stone stock (no mods). It went 13.49 @105 at Firebird on a night when the DA was ~3000 with MT DR's and a cutout as the only change (big difference in the 60' with the DR's and a ~.3 ETdifference with the cutout).

When I'd go back to LA to visit it felt much more powerful (down at the beach with thick cool air).
    See my sig for what I modded and how it ran at the track before I demodded it for the move back to Cali for work.

I'm seriously considering a 2014 or 15 as the 02 now has 60K+ on it and is starting to show it's age. Still runs great, just looks a bit tatty (only cuz I own it and know it - everybody else thinks I have a great looking car). I'll keep the 02 as a "project" regardless...
    Same here. I love taking my car through the canyons in Malibu or along PCH... It just blasts forward... seems twice a powerful as it does here in AZ...
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Stage 1 Heads, Mild Cam, Magnaflow Cat-Back, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Strano Sway Bars, LCAs, Konis (F), Bilstiens (R), MGW Shifter

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Seriously, air is the biggest thing with our cars lol. They add so much HP and torque, GM should be a little ashamed at how much they restrict stock.

BTW I test drove a challenger SRT8 today. I'm really really truly sorry, I know alot of you guys love the car. If your one of those guys, skip the rest of this paragraph. SKIP IT! the thing is 45+ grand (Expensive as hell!), and it doesn't feel any faster than the Camaro. The interior is a garbage can, it truly is. The gadgets it had in it were weak and had really low resolution. The rides alright, but I also noticed how the front end of the car is two miles ahead of where you are. The thing is wayyyy too big.

I'm afraid a Boss 302 would feel the same, given it's interior in photos isn't far off from that. I've made my decision 100% at this point, now I just gotta play the waiting game and see if I should get a 2015 or 2014.

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Wait, you're not even going to drive the Boss 302?

That's the MOST fun part about buying a new car, driving EVERYTHING before making your decision.

If I'm about to lay out some serious cash I'm going to leave no stone unturned (or undriven) because I sure don't want to find out I bought the wrong thing after the fact.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I mean, I could lol. The problem for me is..well..I have my heart so set on a new SS I kind of shut the rest of the car world out. What else would you suggest compares with it?

On top of that, I drove the challenger and hated the thing. I feel like the Mustang will feel the same way. I'm probably wrong. Dennis i'll try one out.

Leave the options open until you're 100% sure because after you've signed on the dotted line it will cost you thousands to change your mind.

I was fully set on marrying this girl until I found she was a bitch.

Actually, I knew it all along but I was so smitten with her that I overlooked it until a moment of clarity of thought occurred (thankfully).

I'm not saying the Mustang is better, I'm just saying there are a LOT of very cool cars out there for 40 large.

Try 'em all while the opportunity is there.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Lol my friend, all woman are that. Secretly and not so secretly. Just ask about my ex.

Kidding. Kinda.

What do you suggest I try out sir? I have 13 to put down and the rest will be finance. What other cars should I look into for 40? I just watched transformers so good luck compelling me not to get bumblebees brother, if you will
    2014 Camaro: Check. 2SS: Check. 1LE: Check. 6 Speed manual? CHECK

Gray/ White
    10 Impreza 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrillakilla13 View Post
    Seriously, air is the biggest thing with our cars lol. They add so much HP and torque, GM should be a little ashamed at how much they restrict stock.

BTW I test drove a challenger SRT8 today. I'm really really truly sorry, I know alot of you guys love the car. If your one of those guys, skip the rest of this paragraph. SKIP IT! the thing is 45+ grand (Expensive as hell!), and it doesn't feel any faster than the Camaro. The interior is a garbage can, it truly is. The gadgets it had in it were weak and had really low resolution. The rides alright, but I also noticed how the front end of the car is two miles ahead of where you are. The thing is wayyyy too big.

I'm afraid a Boss 302 would feel the same, given it's interior in photos isn't far off from that. I've made my decision 100% at this point, now I just gotta play the waiting game and see if I should get a 2015 or 2014.
    The front end isn't anywhere near the 2 mil feeling of the Challengers. Ford also did a good job with the 5.0 so you should drive one
    83 Thunderturd even bigger turd probably LQ4 4L80 swap at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the guys here know how to find a nekkid chick farting into a cake but 2+2 stumps the shit out of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My brain must be defective.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Alright, Test drove a 5.0 Coyote GT and I really liked it. It was Black on Black, with black rims. GT premium. Electronics package on the inside, and I was quoted out-the-door at 39,765. Seems kinda expensive, but damn that thing was smooth and fast. What would you gentlemen do? Mustang or Camaro?

I know factually the Camaro is better on the track, but the Stang really felt smooth.

(And no need to tell me to "make a f*ckn decision already" because this is it. This is the final two. My decision will be made within the week )

One more fly to flick into the ointment: Insurance

Which one will be cheaper to insure?

There may be a surprisingly large difference in cost.

Also...

Aren't you glad you at least drove one?

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Good point, I'll call tomorrow and find out!

I mean, it gave me a better respect for the mustang. I didn't realize it'd be that much fun. But at the same time, it only put a dent in my new Chevrolet dream here

But ultimately I think the better car is the Camaro..right? So what its a 6.3 yet slower, it'll perform much better in corners and I can beat a mustang with small bolt ons. Plus in the future I can supercharge it more easily than a 5.0 and really turn heads

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Why would it be easier to supercharge a camaro over a mustang?

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    Same here. I love taking my car through the canyons in Malibu or along PCH... It just blasts forward... seems twice a powerful as it does here in AZ...
    I never did it but I always wondered how well it would work coming down Kanan Dume Road...
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Why would it be easier to supercharge a camaro over a mustang?
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the ZL1 running a supercharged LS3? I could be wrong actually a 5.0 on a mustang is a cobra motor without the supercharger I think

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrillakilla13 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the ZL1 running a supercharged LS3? I could be wrong actually a 5.0 on a mustang is a cobra motor without the supercharger I think
    No, the zl1 is running a supercharged 6.2 liter. It is not the same as the ls3. It is made for boost with a much lower comp ratio. The valve train is also different. The mustang 5.0 is N/A in the GT. The gt500 engine is a 5.8 liter now supercharged. Which is also built for boost.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Having driven all three and owned a 99ws6.............Honestly i would keep the T/A and hit it with some minor upgrades, and enjoy your car and not having a note, to pay 40k plus interest for one of those cars is a huge waste of money IMO

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    I never did it but I always wondered how well it would work coming down Kanan Dume Road...
    Kanan Dume is on my list, but it's a little far north for my most recent trips. I have done Malibu Cyn... and possibly Topanga... and I did Mulholland Drive once, as well. It's f'awesome.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Zinergy, Isn't the LS3 a 6.2 liter as well? Other than that yeah the compression ratio and valve train...shoulda known that. One of the idiot salesmen told me dropping a supercharger is super easy on one of those cars.

Murder after midnight..in my 3 years of being here, I don't think I've ever seen your name before Here's the real reasons why i'm trying to justify (to myself) why buying a new car is the best thing to do.

1. One owner status. I take care of my cars, so i'll keep that value high
    2. Suspension. The WS6 can't corner, but a new Camaro can. The ride will also probably be smoother
    3. Cabin noise. The road noise is awful in my car.
    4. Mytouch. I think it'll be pretty cool to have.
    5. Stereo. In the WS6 I can't hear music or anyone on the phone. Mainly again cause of the road noise, but also because the speakers are crap.
    6. Manual. WS6 is automatic, and I literally hate that so much.
    7. Braking. I can't brake worth sh*t in my car, honestly. It takes alot of effort to slow that thing down.
    8. reliability. I'd get a 3 year bumper to bumper, 5 year power train warranty. That's pretty nice.
    9. LS3 vs LS1.. Need I say more?

The only disadvantage I can think of is that beautiful car of mine will take awhile to build. Also, a new exhaust will take a bit of money and time to get. Can I just say that money is the only disadvantage here?

How can I ignore this pretty face?

Don't get me wrong. There is a reason why I started this thread. I want to hear you all out on why I should or shouldn't invest in a new car.

Arctic White, red/gray

[QUOTE=Guerrillakilla13;2896113]Zinergy, Isn't the LS3 a 6.2 liter as well? Other than that yeah the compression ratio and valve train...shoulda known that. One of the idiot salesmen told me dropping a supercharger is super easy on one of those cars.
    QUOTE]

Yes the ls3 is a 6.2 liter. But it was built to make power without boost. It is rather easy to throw a supercharger on the camaro if you buy a kit and turn a few wrenches. But not any easier than it is to put one on a mustang was my point.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Ryan, the reasons you state I can counter and still be cheaper/better than buying a new car. But in the end it's up to you to get what makes you happy. If your WS6 is paid off why not keep it. You can always sell later. Biggest regret is selling/trading it in and later realize that it was a mistake and hate the "new" car. That's happen to me.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information