Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Exclamation Holden VF Monaro coupe would look like this

Filed under: Concept Cars, Coupe, Performance, Chevrolet, Holden, Australia, Design/Style

Let us make one thing abundantly clear - the car you see above has virtually zero chance of making it into production. None. Zilch. Nada. Zip. That said, we certainly wish it were going on sale. This is the VF Coupe, a rendering put together by a pair of off-the-clock Holden designers and Dsine International. It's meant to show what a VF Monaro, a two-door version of the beloved Commodore, could look like if it were to enter production.

So what's preventing a reborn Monaro? Well, for one, the Chevrolet Camaro, a car that already shares a platform with the VF Commodore and by default, the car you see above. As Drive points out, while a Monaro would no doubt sell well in Australia, it'd struggle in the US market, which is home to the aforementioned Camaro, not to mention the Corvette Stingray and the upcoming SS sedan. There's simply not room for another reasonably priced, 400-plus-horsepower, rear-drive vehicle in GM's stable.

What would make sense, though, and what no one is mentioning, is selling the Camaro in Australia (an idea that's been toyed with before). Clearly, the existence of this rendering indicates a willingness among some to revive the Monaro badge. Meanwhile, Ford is bringing a right-hand-drive Mustang to the Australian market as a performance replacement for the Falcon sedan. If the Mustang succeeds, we could see there being a solid business case for a next-generation Camaro that's been badge engineered as a Monaro in Australia.Holden VF Monaro coupe would look like this originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 23 Aug 2013 13:32:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I, for one, love it. If I were in charge of GM, I would try my best to bring that over here to the US. Either GN, GNX for Buick or for Chevy as the Laguna S3. But that's just my opinion.

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I, for one, love it. If I were in charge of GM, I would try my best to bring that over here to the US. Either GN, GNX for Buick or for Chevy as the Laguna S3. But that's just my opinion.
    A Buick GN would be nice but their is no way GM canabalizes the Camaro's sales.

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

I say forget about the Imp SS and rebirth the Monte Carlo.

Thread Information