Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 74

You running boost on an LSx? Step in here please.

This is a discussion on You running boost on an LSx? Step in here please. within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Y2K_CAMARO Cool cool. That sucks the track is so far away man. I'll have to look a ...

  1. #41
    Member Texas Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    675

    Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2K_CAMARO View Post
    Cool cool. That sucks the track is so far away man. I'll have to look a little closer into how they fit on an f body. Yea a little safer and 40 less hp is better than a blown up motor lol.
    No joke!!!!!!!!!!
    ingalls torque dampner, bmr drag bags, bmr sfc, harrop diff cover, pedders bushings, lingenfelter cia, kooks signature coated headers, kooks catted mids, kooks street screamer 3'' cat back, billit catch can, magna charger super charger, tuned byReckart in Austin,tx 535wrhp and 525rwt, at 7 psi.

  2. #42
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,466

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    The Maggie style blower is a roots style blower so it builds boost quicker and will generate max boost at a much lower RPM. Because of this, you'll generate a lot more torque.
    It's on jackstands.

  3. #43
    Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

    Ed Blown Vert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    San Diego, Ca
    Posts
    50,748

    Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

    I also like blowers because you still can get into boost at part throttle.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383, ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

    666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

    Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD
    Black 2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4WD (Totaled)

    Black 2013 Chevy Volt (Gone)

  4. #44
    Member Texas Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    675

    Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    The Maggie style blower is a roots style blower so it builds boost quicker and will generate max boost at a much lower RPM. Because of this, you'll generate a lot more torque.
    Yes Sir you are right, so the pro charger takes a few seconds, that might help my tire spin because mine is very torquee < spelling down low thanks for the info.

  5. #45
    Member Texas Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    675

    Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    I also like blowers because you still can get into boost at part throttle.

    Pretty much, don't get a shakie foot!!!! LOL

  6. #46
    USMC Y2K_CAMARO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rocky Point, NC
    Posts
    1,399

    Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

    I'm sort of thinking about a supercharger now, I'm seeing lots of good results from y'all and its easy to keep the A/C. I hope to hear more from people.

  7. #47
    Member SuperSSguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    979

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2K_CAMARO View Post
    I'm sort of thinking about a supercharger now, I'm seeing lots of good results from y'all and its easy to keep the A/C. I hope to hear more from people.
    Cody...do this it may help you..go to powerblocktv.com or powerblockmagazine.com they have a side by side turbo vs supercharger comparison,,They hook up a 5th gen camaro w/sc and a charger w/ turbo..then dyno them..It shows you how both systems hook up and compare its pretty interesting...

  8. #48
    USMC Y2K_CAMARO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rocky Point, NC
    Posts
    1,399

    Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    Cody...do this it may help you..go to powerblocktv.com or powerblockmagazine.com they have a side by side turbo vs supercharger comparison,,They hook up a 5th gen camaro w/sc and a charger w/ turbo..then dyno them..It shows you how both systems hook up and compare its pretty interesting...
    Hum, I'll have to check that out. This is a big decision, as you already know. Because thats a lot of money to dump into a car lol.

  9. #49
    Member SuperSSguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    979

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2K_CAMARO View Post
    Hum, I'll have to check that out. This is a big decision, as you already know. Because thats a lot of money to dump into a car lol.
    Well watch it and tell me what you think?...."Spoiler Alert''.....it still kinda left it at a tie? One system made more Hp and TQ then the other but one car was 100lbs heavier....But watch it see what you think!?

  10. #50
    Member Texas Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    675

    Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2K_CAMARO View Post
    I'm sort of thinking about a supercharger now, I'm seeing lots of good results from y'all and its easy to keep the A/C. I hope to hear more from people.
    Like 35th-anv-ss said SC-DD put it on and drive it no more to worry about.
    Turbo set up- race car high temps very high maintenace.
    go to the web and put turbo vs supercharger check out(tuning linx) and all the others that come up and it will help you.

  11. #51
    USMC Y2K_CAMARO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rocky Point, NC
    Posts
    1,399

    Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    Well watch it and tell me what you think?...."Spoiler Alert''.....it still kinda left it at a tie? One system made more Hp and TQ then the other but one car was 100lbs heavier....But watch it see what you think!?
    Ok so I found the one with the supercharger on the Charger, but couldnt find anything about a turbo on there, or comparison. You know what the episode was called?

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post


    Like 35th-anv-ss said SC-DD put it on and drive it no more to worry about.
    Turbo set up- race car high temps very high maintenace.
    go to the web and put turbo vs supercharger check out(tuning linx) and all the others that come up and it will help you.
    I've looked up lots of stuff, it looks like they've both got some maintenance to upkeep. But I'll go search that and check it out.

  12. #52
    Member SuperSSguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    979

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    HMM ..all i know is that it was on the same page as the charger,,if i can find out more i will.

  13. #53
    USMC Y2K_CAMARO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rocky Point, NC
    Posts
    1,399

    Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Cool thanks.

  14. #54
    Member Boothe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    137

    White/Blue
    1999 Trans Am Ws.6

    Where are some good systems that i can look at to see prices

  15. #55
    Nightmare RedFenix_68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cherry Point NC
    Posts
    475

    Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2K_CAMARO View Post
    Thats one things thats making me lean more towards a supercharger, because I want to keep my A/C. But I'd really like a turbo, but if I cant figure out the A/C solution then a turbo would be out of the question.
    well hell thats easy cody just put a window a/c out the passenger side, hook up a dc converter to your cigerette lighter and your good to go man.

  16. #56
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Budget wise, like Jon mentioned earlier in the thread you could probably build a turbo system pretty cheap that could make boat loads of power. A turbo kmember would definitely facilitate keeping your ac but it's definitely possible without.

  17. #57
    USMC Y2K_CAMARO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rocky Point, NC
    Posts
    1,399

    Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix_68 View Post
    well hell thats easy cody just put a window a/c out the passenger side, hook up a dc converter to your cigerette lighter and your good to go man.
    Bahahaha yes! That solves all my problems thanks Joey lol. You going to help me hook it up? Wish I had t-tops so I could just stick it up there haha.

    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Budget wise, like Jon mentioned earlier in the thread you could probably build a turbo system pretty cheap that could make boat loads of power. A turbo kmember would definitely facilitate keeping your ac but it's definitely possible without.
    I've been looking at the turbo k memebers but wasnt sure if that would give me enough room or not. From what I've read it's the truck manifolds that gets in the way, so either c6 manifolds or some sort of turbo headers but that starts getting expensive. I'm starting some welding classes next semester of college so once I learn how to weld I'll just start getting a game plan together and I'll be able to weld my own pipe and kind of start putting something together. It's definitly going to take some time.

  18. #58
    Member SuperSSguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    979

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2K_CAMARO View Post
    Bahahaha yes! That solves all my problems thanks Joey lol. You going to help me hook it up? Wish I had t-tops so I could just stick it up there haha.



    I've been looking at the turbo k memebers but wasnt sure if that would give me enough room or not. From what I've read it's the truck manifolds that gets in the way, so either c6 manifolds or some sort of turbo headers but that starts getting expensive. I'm starting some welding classes next semester of college so once I learn how to weld I'll just start getting a game plan together and I'll be able to weld my own pipe and kind of start putting something together. It's definitly going to take some time.
    Or~ check out some of the rear mount turbo systems?

  19. #59
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,466

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Whatever you do, don't but anything from Josh at KY Turbo...

  20. #60
    Member SuperSSguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    979

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    I think turbonetics makes a good system.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Step By Step: Tight Locking Trans Dipstick
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum General Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2014, 03:10 AM
  2. Step By Step: 4L60E Overdrive Transmission Swap
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum General Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2014, 03:10 AM
  3. Step By Step - Starting A Vintage Top Fuel Dragster
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum General Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2013, 06:10 AM
  4. Brake System Maintenance - Flushed Out - CHP Step By Step
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 03:30 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2007, 05:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •