Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

You running boost on an LSx? Step in here please.

This is a discussion on You running boost on an LSx? Step in here please. within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Y2K_CAMARO Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert For how I drive my car, I am very happy ...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2K_CAMARO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    For how I drive my car, I am very happy with the Procharger. No reason to switch at all.
    Cool cool, good to know. How do you drive your car? You drive it like a DD, racecar, weekend racecar, part time cruiser, fun toy? Just curious.
    All of the above. One of the benefits of a Procharger.
    It's on jackstands.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Cool cool, good to know. How do you drive your car? You drive it like a DD, racecar, weekend racecar, part time cruiser, fun toy? Just curious.
    It started out as a DD. Then became a weekend racer. Now its a fun toy.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383, ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD
    Black 2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4WD (Totaled)

Black 2013 Chevy Volt (Gone)

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    All of the above. One of the benefits of a Procharger.
    It started out as a DD. Then became a weekend racer. Now its a fun toy.
    Awesome, good to hear guys.

So lets see if more people will join in.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Do you plan on doing the install yourself?

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Yes, filling the bottle refers to nitrous. It costs money to fill that bottle every time. Well from what I can tell, supercharges are easy to install, vs. turbos have LOTS more piping.
    Yeah i knew that filling the bottle meant nitrous....what i mean is does everyone runnin turbos like to add boost with nitrous?

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Do you plan on doing the install yourself?
    Probably so.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    Yeah i knew that filling the bottle meant nitrous....what i mean is does everyone runnin turbos like to add boost with nitrous?
    Oh I see what your saying. Well I know that some people want that extra HP, and others use it to help spool the turbo faster on launch.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

To be honest about the OP`s question i really cant say either way but from what members with SC have said it makes sense and thats what ive heard and seen on TV shows like HorsePower and Muscle Car- Stacey Davids Pinks All Out etc.... you can make mega power with a turbo but the youd have alot of engine firming up to do such as heads and gaskets etc etc..... As i would be using my car as a D/D id want to know and have reliabilty too....If it was a strictly only race car then id have to check it out further....But yeah i think id go SC.....

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

My theory has always been:

Street car = supercharger
    Track car = turbo

However, in recent times, Procharger has even been doing some really impressive things at the track hanging/beating the top dogs using turbo set-ups.

What strayed me from a turbo build was two things; complexity of the system and reliability of it on a daily driver or a car that sees mainly city driving. APS might have ruined turbos for me.

I know Garrett and Kentucky turbo are both quality turbo set-ups though from what I've heard and seen. Turbonetics seems to be one as well.

For the guys running turbos, did you keep your AC? How much fab work on the piping was required? What are your IAT's?

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

I see MOST turbo guys getting rid of the A/C, but you can keep the A/C with some work. I think you need a turbo k member, not sure what else though.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I kept my AC and it still works.

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

I kept my AC and it still works.
    Thats one things thats making me lean more towards a supercharger, because I want to keep my A/C. But I'd really like a turbo, but if I cant figure out the A/C solution then a turbo would be out of the question.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Thats one things thats making me lean more towards a supercharger, because I want to keep my A/C. But I'd really like a turbo, but if I cant figure out the A/C solution then a turbo would be out of the question.
    If your interested in Turbo check it all out...Theres a few brands (systems) that ive seen that didnt look like a whole lot of piping or reconfigurations?

I'm a 473 wheel na car right now. On considering nitrous only for the ease of install and lack of abuse.

I'm not the moron who will just usenit on the street it would be for the days in which I would go to the track. Car has already gone 11.27 all motor. I'm not too worried about the extra power.

I want to just hit 10s and say I did it. I drive mine daily and don't want the extra power there all day when I don't really need it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Hence why a Procharger is perfect. You don't make boost unless you floor it...which means you can get the same MPG driving around town as you would stock.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Just installed a magna charger a month ago and i chose it because street manners are the same as if it were stock, but if you hit the gas it is an instant response,fuel mileage is close to the same when i can keep my foot out of it, they make a very good complete kit, i installed it, very straight forward easy to do, keep ac and it is stock except what is in the sig. Good luck making a choice.
    ingalls torque dampner, bmr drag bags, bmr sfc, harrop diff cover, pedders bushings, lingenfelter cia, kooks signature coated headers, kooks catted mids, kooks street screamer 3'' cat back, billit catch can, magna charger super charger, tuned byReckart in Austin,tx 535wrhp and 525rwt, at 7 psi.

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Hence why a Procharger is perfect. You don't make boost unless you floor it...which means you can get the same MPG driving around town as you would stock.
    Good MPG is good lol. I figured that I would lose some, I just dont want to lose a SHIT TON lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post
    Just installed a magna charger a month ago and i chose it because street manners are the same as if it were stock, but if you hit the gas it is an instant response,fuel mileage is close to the same when i can keep my foot out of it, they make a very good complete kit, i installed it, very straight forward easy to do, keep ac and it is stock except what is in the sig. Good luck making a choice.
    Awesome, thanks for sharing. I've heard different things about installing it under a stock F Body cowl. Some say its easy, others say its a little hard. Have you ran any times at the track yet?

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Awesome, thanks for sharing. I've heard different things about installing it under a stock F Body cowl. Some say its easy, others say its a little hard. Have you ran any times at the track yet?[/QUOTE]

No track times yet, i live out in the country and San Antonio, and Austin are both about 100 miles away. Don't know about the f-body but on the gto had to take out the insulation under the hood and trim some sheet metal for the blower pully to fit and also the strut bar needed one washer under all the bolts to give it more clearance. Sure is a lot of fun, pulls like a mofo could have gotten 40 more hp but the tuner and i went a little safer.

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post
    No track times yet, i live out in the country and San Antonio, and Austin are both about 100 miles away. Don't know about the f-body but on the gto had to take out the insulation under the hood and trim some sheet metal for the blower pully to fit and also the strut bar needed one washer under all the bolts to give it more clearance. Sure is a lot of fun, pulls like a mofo could have gotten 40 more hp but the tuner and i went a little safer.
    Cool cool. That sucks the track is so far away man. I'll have to look a little closer into how they fit on an f body. Yea a little safer and 40 less hp is better than a blown up motor lol.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Thats a feature i like about Procharger !

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    Thats a feature i like about Procharger !
    i don,t believe the magna charger does till you go over 3/4 because just did a 200 mile trip and got 25 on the highway and you can here the whine when the boost kicks in, in fact i almost went with a pro charger because it would be an easy install in the end they are both supercharges

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information