Black
    1998 Chevy Camaro SS

Will I be ok to boost...

I have a 98 SS. Patriot Stage 2 heads, Texas Speed 233-239 cam, stock block. Along with other bolt ons....I would like to turbo charge my car, but I dont know if the combination of cam and heads I have would allow me to run a decent amount of boost or not??? What do you suggest?

Boosted Foolz

BlAcK
    1998 FiReBiRd FoRmUlA

part of it will depend on your compression ratio, and with a stock bottom end you dont want to push your car must past 500 hp...

Faster than....

Red
    1998 Cherokee Classic

You will be fine....once the turbo is on get the car tuned by someone who knows what they are doing.

I have been boosted for over four years now with no problems. Stock bottom end, stock heads, BIG cam, and N20. (85,000 + miles)

Don

Black
    1998 Chevy Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Blown 98 Z
    You will be fine....once the turbo is on get the car tuned by someone who knows what they are doing.

I have been boosted for over four years now with no problems. Stock bottom end, stock heads, BIG cam, and N20. (85,000 + miles)

Don
    But the problem is, that i am in the 400hp range right now, and I am getting an intake manifold and throttle body before i turbo it as well. And so with turbo, along with the mods I already have, I should be well over 500hp which is pushing it isnt it?

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro SS

Just boost her up.. Don;t worry.. lol.. Have a good tune and be careful with the boost

wrenchMadison

Go Boost

Check with STS turbo's.com. They should be able to get you the right setup for your engine mods.

TT-FRC
    How large are the combustion chambers in those heads? I'd probably get rid of that cam for a turbo setup. Get something application specific.

wrenchMadison

Lift over Duration

Quote Originally Posted by TT-FRC
    How large are the combustion chambers in those heads? I'd probably get rid of that cam for a turbo setup. Get something application specific.
    Thats true. You may want to switch out to a cam with more lift rather than alot of duration. However I do wish you luck on however you go.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Whats your compression? If its too high you'll need to change it. I would recommend some nice lq9 heads. It will drop your compression to *roughly* 9:5:1. The lower the compression, the more power you can make on pump gas and the safer it is. That cam isnt boost friendly either. Also...you dont need a large cam with F/I. Believe it or not...something like a z06 cam works wonders on F/I setups.

Thread Information