Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Where to buy Procharger? help!

This is a discussion on Where to buy Procharger? help! within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by JwMonE99 Hopfully we will find out soon. I am trying to get a hold of him to ...

  1. #21
    Member totalkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Orleans
    Age
    30
    Posts
    389

    Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Hopfully we will find out soon. I am trying to get a hold of him to see what price he can get me the procharger for someone on the site. But its been a week and no reply. Pissing me off.
    and your trying to get this guy to buy from him?

    doesnt sound very trustworthy

    Bob at exotic for the win

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Billings,MT
    Posts
    428

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

    Call bob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  3. #23
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by totalkos View Post
    and your trying to get this guy to buy from him?

    doesnt sound very trustworthy

    Bob at exotic for the win
    Well untill he can give me his bottom dollar I wouldnt reccomend it.
    right now he is only quoting me 5,500

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Billings,MT
    Posts
    428

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

    Bottom line for what - He does complete installs - Has a package for you to do the install - what bottom line?

  5. #25
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    Bottom line on just buying the parts, not including installation.


    300RWHP, 341RWTQ
    1/8 mile 8.32 at 83.97
    1/4 mile 13.049 at 105.24

  6. #26
    Member Since 1998 Mecinoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Livermore, Ca.
    Posts
    498
    '98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

    What does this system go for installed by Bob's Exotic ?
    I'm thinking of driving out there if he can install it in a couple of days.
    Does he have warantee like the Vortex have 3-36K etc...

    136-1GJ213-SCI 1998-2002 LS1 F-Body System
    - HO Intercooled with P-1SC-1
    - 5 or 7 psi of Boost and 40-55% HP gains
    - Standard 3.5" twin highflow intercoolers
    - Pro Pump, 38-pound injectors, and programmer included
    - Pinning balancer to crank recommended


    With these Options:
    Intake Plenum Finish: Polished Finish -
    Procharger: Upgrade to D-1SC -
    Intercooler: Upgrade to 4.5" intercoolers -
    Pin crank?: ATI Crank Pinning Kit -
    Belt drive: 8-rib belt upgrade -
    Last edited by Mecinoid; 11-19-2008 at 12:50 AM.

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Billings,MT
    Posts
    428

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk


  8. #28
    Member Since 1998 Mecinoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Livermore, Ca.
    Posts
    498
    '98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

    Thanks !!!

  9. #29
    Member devil6rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    440

    SOM / NBM
    2002 Pro Z28/2001 TurboTA

    I have purchased my procharger from ECS and am very pleased with the service and knowledge so far! http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.com/ Check em out' considering i live maybe 5 mins from raceway park i dont know why i didnt think of this before! LOL

  10. #30
    Member BLACKNIGHT03Z06's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    169

    Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by devil6rr View Post
    Hey guys i finally built up the money to buy a procharger but now i hear that the place i was gonna get it from has a bad rep!!! now what i want the DSC-1 with the injectors and tuner the whole kit! any one no of some reputable places, with good prices
    MC Racing in Kansas does all the fabricating for the brackets and test installs for ATI Procharger on new kits. I suggest that you look them up and give them a call. You can also call Procharger's Tech. line and they can give you a list of dealers close to you.

  11. #31
    Member Since 1998 Mecinoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Livermore, Ca.
    Posts
    498
    '98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

    I was quoted power output about 630HP on a '98 LS1 using the tuner kit and 5-6psi boost. This seem a little high to me at that boost. However, respectable Performance Shop quoted that with all the goodies including short tube headers, custom tune (They want to do specific) using tuner kit and their choice of injectors etc...

  12. #32
    Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

    Ed Blown Vert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    San Diego, Ca
    Posts
    50,748

    Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

    Quote Originally Posted by Mecinoid View Post
    I was quoted power output about 630HP on a '98 LS1 using the tuner kit and 5-6psi boost. This seem a little high to me at that boost. However, respectable Performance Shop quoted that with all the goodies including short tube headers, custom tune (They want to do specific) using tuner kit and their choice of injectors etc...
    Not with 5-6#. Unless that was at the flywheel.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383, ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

    666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

    Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD
    Black 2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4WD (Totaled)

    Black 2013 Chevy Volt (Gone)

  13. #33
    Member Since 1998 Mecinoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Livermore, Ca.
    Posts
    498
    '98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    Not with 5-6#. Unless that was at the flywheel.
    That's what I was thinking.... They say they can do that type of HP safely. Maybe the 5-6psi was street boost with the option of up to what 20lbs of boost for the track. That would be perfect. However, I'll have to get this all in writing before I order the parts in Feb '09. That is the plan at this point. All look good to me. I'll spend the time to get exactly what injectors and what they do differently using the their tune etc.... They said that the last LS1 Vette they did came out beautifully and I should expect that level of performance out of the kit we are going with. Before and after dynos with custom tune etc.... All in all ~7500.00

    I was thinking about bolting it all on myself and all. But, if you don't do these things day in day out it's just best letting them do the whole thing. Then you can't blame yourself down the road. I get enough wrenching as it is.

    I can use the time to build my Camaro instead. We should have her on the track by Feb or sooner as well. Just finished welding in a platform for the electronics. After that, it's just some dash modification, wiring and fire her up.
    Woot !!! Normally a couple of days for me. However, we have a team now so it will take a month or so with the holidays and all.

  14. #34
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by Mecinoid View Post
    That's what I was thinking.... They say they can do that type of HP safely. Maybe the 5-6psi was street boost with the option of up to what 20lbs of boost for the track. That would be perfect. However, I'll have to get this all in writing before I order the parts in Feb '09. That is the plan at this point. All look good to me. I'll spend the time to get exactly what injectors and what they do differently using the their tune etc.... They said that the last LS1 Vette they did came out beautifully and I should expect that level of performance out of the kit we are going with. Before and after dynos with custom tune etc.... All in all ~7500.00

    I was thinking about bolting it all on myself and all. But, if you don't do these things day in day out it's just best letting them do the whole thing. Then you can't blame yourself down the road. I get enough wrenching as it is.

    I can use the time to build my Camaro instead. We should have her on the track by Feb or sooner as well. Just finished welding in a platform for the electronics. After that, it's just some dash modification, wiring and fire her up.
    Woot !!! Normally a couple of days for me. However, we have a team now so it will take a month or so with the holidays and all.
    No, with a stock block, cam, heads, at 5-6# you will be putting down around 400 rwhp. Go with long tube headers because shorties are a waste. You may see 5rwhp with the shorties and 20-^rwhp with long tubes.

    EDIT, I just noticed that you are from CALI., scratch the long tubes. IMO, I would not even bother with shorties. Put the $300 into something else.

  15. #35
    Member Since 1998 Mecinoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Livermore, Ca.
    Posts
    498
    '98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

    My thoughts as well. Maybe a upgraded Y-pipe though. I understand the stock exhaust flows pretty good.

    So now - What will it really take to get 650HP out of my stock motor. Or, I was thinking internals would have to be strengthened.

    Speed shop says they have already done it. He was saying something about the motor will handle 23lbs of boost no problem stock. I find that hard to believe. It will be with the larger intercooler and such. They say they can do it with their tune and choice of parts using the tuner kit.

    Does this really make sense?

    Actually 550HP would be fine if my risk and boost is lower at say 10-12psi imo.

    Technically speaking should I be able to hit 650HP at two atmospheres or 14.7lbs of boost? 325*2 = 650HP Reallistically maybe that's really closer to 16psi.... ??? Make sense to anyone ???

    Perhaps I should consider 10psi boost with 100 shot. Is that safer or easier on the motor. I don't think so. I'm thinking it's just best to boost to 15psi or so.

    Comments....
    Last edited by Mecinoid; 12-21-2008 at 06:16 AM.

  16. #36
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by Mecinoid View Post
    My thoughts as well. Maybe a upgraded Y-pipe though. I understand the stock exhaust flows pretty good.

    So now - What will it really take to get 650HP out of my stock motor. Or, I was thinking internals would have to be strengthened.

    Speed shop says they have already done it. He was saying something about the motor will handle 23lbs of boost no problem stock. I find that hard to believe. It will be with the larger intercooler and such. They say they can do it with their tune and choice of parts using the tuner kit.

    Does this really make sense?

    Actually 550HP would be fine if my risk and boost is lower at say 10-12psi imo.

    Technically speaking should I be able to hit 650HP at two atmospheres or 14.7lbs of boost? 325*2 = 650HP Reallistically maybe that's really closer to 16psi.... ??? Make sense to anyone ???

    Perhaps I should consider 10psi boost with 100 shot. Is that safer or easier on the motor. I don't think so. I'm thinking it's just best to boost to 15psi or so.

    Comments....
    You are safe running around 8# max. You will blow it up real fast above that.

    Just run 8# and slap on heads and a cam and that should get you around 500 rwhp

    And you need to go to a different shop because they have no clue what they are talking about
    Last edited by 9t8z28; 12-21-2008 at 06:50 AM.

  17. #37
    Member Since 1998 Mecinoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Livermore, Ca.
    Posts
    498
    '98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

    I was thinking that as well. But they have been in the Bay Area since 1965 and have done many of these. I doubted him as well when he told me so. I'll quiz him again and see if his answers change.

    My guess is his story will change to ... Oh, I was saying we could but, your set up will only produce around 500rwhp.

    This will make a huge difference on my decision to have this done. I mean if it's not at least 550 safe HP I won't consider spending my $7500 on this project. I'll want proof as well. The before and after dyno should tell. ;-)

    Plus, I do not plan on doing any internals to my motor. I have to live with Cali Smog Rules for the street. This car needs to be streetable and smogable.

  18. #38
    Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

    Ed Blown Vert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    San Diego, Ca
    Posts
    50,748

    Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

    Why not do forged internals? That won't affect smog.

  19. #39
    Member Since 1998 Mecinoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Livermore, Ca.
    Posts
    498
    '98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    Why not do forged internals? That won't affect smog.

    Didn't really want to tear into a solid motor with only 45K on it. It's been great to me. Just want a little power boost. I'd expect it would add 3-4K to my build price. I was hoping to keep the cost down. I just want to build a Z06killer on par with ZR1 performance and the performance shop promises they can do this for $6800 without Ceramic headers. If I want a little more punch they said $750 more for y-pipe and ceramic headers.

    I told them very clearly that I wanted it to be safe boost level. They said they have already done a lot of Vettes and many Camaros to this level and they were actually surprised after their tune how much more power they got after they worked with the Procharger tuner kit. They said the prepackaged kit was a waste and that they redid that kit with their own injectors and plumbing and gained about 80HP. So they said.

    Goodies has been around for a very long time so I really have no reason to doubt them. However, I was shocked and questioned him three times as I thought this to be a bit out of the normal reach for this motor.

    I also asked if they had any suggestions like going to better runners, water pump etc... and they said no it's not really needed. Your motor is pretty stout they said.

    Ed - I know you have a lot of experience and I appreciate your input. I too am having a hard time with their promises and that is why I'm posting for comments.

    Dunno what I'm going to do yet. But, I would rather have a safe level of boost and 500HP than 630HP and blow it up in a year. They say it all about getting the right tune and we can throw some retard at it to keep it safe and easier to drive on the street.

    Just so you know. 800HP doesn't phase me in our 67 Camaro. So, 630HP will be mild to me. It might just be a little easier to break the tires loose with the Bird on a six speed and drag radial vs drag slicks and powerglide that we run in the Camaro. I think it will be a little more work to get good hole shot numbers with the Bird though. I have only hit 1.80 60' in the Bird but can achieve 1.44 60' with the Camaro.

    Again .... thanks for the comments ... Question - Forged internals is going to be like 3K if I have someone else pull the motor and do the work ... right.
    Plus, I do not have a lift to drop the motor out from underneath of the car.

    Not sure I want to have someone else do it. But, time is going to be rare for me over the next six months where money isn't.

    Lastly, I can see big benefits to forged pistons and connecting rods of course. You can also lower compression to min detonation at the same time I know. But, again they say it's not worth it for the power gains I'm looking at. Maybe 700-800HP ???? range it would be a requirement.
    Last edited by Mecinoid; 12-21-2008 at 11:29 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 8 psi procharger?
    By JattGunMan in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 05:53 PM
  2. Looking for a procharger
    By Blue_01_Z28 in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 10:03 PM
  3. Procharger D-1SC is here!
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Western Members
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-12-2006, 10:28 PM
  4. Procharger D-1SC is here!
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-30-2006, 03:19 PM
  5. new procharger
    By ROCKY in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2006, 07:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •