Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What should I do???

This is a discussion on What should I do??? within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I'm thinkin Maybe C6z06 when I get back. We'll see. I may fix up the TA and I may not......

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I'm thinkin Maybe C6z06 when I get back. We'll see. I may fix up the TA and I may not...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    I'm thinkin Maybe C6z06 when I get back. We'll see. I may fix up the TA and I may not...
    You now see the light...............

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    You now see the light...............
    It's just that they are around 50K, I just dunno if I can justify spending that much on a car to the wife...

215 heads,ms4cam,102 fast 2000ls1tranz's Avatar

White
    2000 trans am

I don't recall saying that.

I want another toy, a newer toy. A newer, improved car. Starting to catch my drift now?

just cuz the cars newer doesnt mean its improved...i look at it as de improved cuz its stock u aint going to get any better than a fully build aftermarket car ...sound like ur hatin on the f-bodys maybe u be better with a 2010 honda

White
    2000 trans am

aint nothing special bout the vettes besides the look an if the looks are worth that much money...then go get one but dont say improved cuz theirs plenty of fbodys that will wax a vette

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2000ls1tranz View Post
    just cuz the cars newer doesnt mean its improved...i look at it as de improved cuz its stock u aint going to get any better than a fully build aftermarket car ...sound like ur hatin on the f-bodys maybe u be better with a 2010 honda
    You clearly don't understand what I am saying. Tossing around insults is not a good idea either.

White
    2000 trans am

lol no i get it u think vettes are the shit an the f body aint worth putting money in right becuz its newer an improved...lmao ok chief

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2000ls1tranz View Post
    lol no i get it u think vettes are the shit an the f body aint worth putting money in right becuz its newer an improved...lmao ok chief
    No, that is not what I think. Drop the attitude and smart comments or you are being removed from the thread.

White
    2000 trans am

lol
    Last edited by 2000ls1tranz; 10-11-2010 at 02:41 AM.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

The vette is a lighter better handling platform. It's a completely different car.There is no sense in comparing them to an F body. Ill keep my trans am no matter what, it's paid for and I will never get out of it what I put into it. Y2K is not dissing the F body; it truly is just getting old. Dont get me wrong, I love my WS6 and it makes me smile every time I start it up, but you can definitely tell it's an aging platform. The newer Vette is improved; sure a modified Fbod can smoke one, but you throw the same money into a Vette and see what happens with a lighter car with the same power that handles better.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

2000ls1tranz has been removed from the thread.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Where are you guys finding C6 Z06s for $50K? Used? I thought they were going more for $70K or so out the door. I could be wrong there because I haven't been in the market for one, but I think that brings the comparison a little bit back towards reality.

No doubt it's an unbelievable car, but you're now talking about a $70K investment versus maybe $15 - $20K installed for a rock-solid, forged and boosted setup with supporting mods that will put down 5,6,700rwhp depending on goals. There's also the sleeper factor. Everyone's going to know exactly what a stock Z06 is going to do, whereas a boosted setup could be made fairly stealthy and provide some surprises.

Not to mention the fact that I can't imagine there'd be much (if any) funds left for modding the Z. By no means a judgement on anyone's income, but let's face it, if money were no object then both cars would probably be sitting in the garage done by now.

Not trying to start any arguments, and hopefully the above doesn't get interpreted that way. Just enjoying the discussion and trying to contribute back to the OP.

I guess it all depends on what you're after when you're making these choices, but something to think about. Either way, you're bound to have some fun.
    Nick

2002 Trans Am WS6 - 520rwhp
    D1SC @ 10lbs | FLT Level V - SS3600 - ARH 1 3/4" LTs w/ Catted Y-pipe - Corsa - Koni 4/3's - UMI Adj. LCAs and Brackets - UMI 3 Pt. SFC's - UMI PHB - UMI STB - TTM's (17X9, 17X10.5) - M/T ET Streets

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by See Me In My GTP View Post
    Where are you guys finding C6 Z06s for $50K? Used? I thought they were going more for $70K or so out the door. I could be wrong there because I haven't been in the market for one, but I think that brings the comparison a little bit back towards reality.

No doubt it's an unbelievable car, but you're now talking about a $70K investment versus maybe $15 - $20K installed for a rock-solid, forged and boosted setup with supporting mods that will put down 5,6,700rwhp depending on goals. There's also the sleeper factor. Everyone's going to know exactly what a stock Z06 is going to do, whereas a boosted setup could be made fairly stealthy and provide some surprises.

Not to mention the fact that I can't imagine there'd be much (if any) funds left for modding the Z. By no means a judgement on anyone's income, but let's face it, if money were no object then both cars would probably be sitting in the garage done by now.

Not trying to start any arguments, and hopefully the above doesn't get interpreted that way. Just enjoying the discussion and trying to contribute back to the OP.

I guess it all depends on what you're after when you're making these choices, but something to think about. Either way, you're bound to have some fun.
    No offense taken, I definitely dont make enough to afford a 70K car.

Check Ebay, and autotrader and you can find them for as low as 42K for an 06 with around 30K miles. I have been stalking them for about a year now trying to figure out if I can afford one. You are correct though, either way Ill have some fun with either car! If I do get a C6Z, I probably will do exhaust and be done with it. Not going to mess with too much. It would be fun to have a S/C WS6 though. More leaning towards that route since the WS6 is paid for.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I would buy this on the spot, Im fucking deployed right now though. This is the exact color and everything that I want for an amazing price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Z06-N...item230b23216e

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I would go with a s/c trans am imo, cause like you said its paid off and you dont have to worry about the money since, you will def have plenty to throw into a set up like that and still have money left over!!!!

red
    2000 c5

I don't recall saying that.

I want another toy, a newer toy. A newer, improved car. Starting to catch my drift now?
    I hear ya.It doesn't mean you don't like what you have.Sometimes you just want to move on and get that thrill of starting on a new project and a newer car.I've owned almost every performance car imaginable.A couple of years ago I sold a twin turbo GN that ran 8s.How could anyone get bored with a car like that?I almost gave up thinking there was nothing else that would get me excited.I had owned a 67 coupe and a mint low mileage C4,but never a C5.I was on vacation in FL one winter and decided just to stop by a Vette dealership to see what they had.I could have bought a nice C6(I still want one) but decided on a C5 because I knew I would be building it for more power after a couple of months.I actually lasted a year before I pulled out the tool box and wallet.I wasn't into small mods like heads and cam.That would keep me happy for about a week so I bought a single turbo kit.The car ran 11.2s @ 127 in total street trim.It was a fun ride and would have gone 10s if I had a real tire.A year later I had a chance to sell the turbo kit for more then I had in it and sold it.Next came a forged 403 and twins.This car is stupid fast on the street.It will spin the tires at 100 MPH with anything less then a Mickey DR.If you have never driven a fast C5 or 6 try it.It's a whole new deal.As someone said in another post they are not expensive to buy.I've seen mint 10 second C5s go for $ 17000 on Flee Bay.
    PS.Even though I didn't do it myself it sometimes is a lot cheaper to buy a car that is built compared to building it yourself.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by 396375 View Post
    I hear ya.It doesn't mean you don't like what you have.Sometimes you just want to move on and get that thrill of starting on a new project and a newer car.I've owned almost every performance car imaginable.A couple of years ago I sold a twin turbo GN that ran 8s.How could anyone get bored with a car like that?I almost gave up thinking there was nothing else that would get me excited.I had owned a 67 coupe and a mint low mileage C4,but never a C5.I was on vacation in FL one winter and decided just to stop by a Vette dealership to see what they had.I could have bought a nice C6(I still want one) but decided on a C5 because I knew I would be building it for more power after a couple of months.I actually lasted a year before I pulled out the tool box and wallet.I wasn't into small mods like heads and cam.That would keep me happy for about a week so I bought a single turbo kit.The car ran 11.2s @ 127 in total street trim.It was a fun ride and would have gone 10s if I had a real tire.A year later I had a chance to sell the turbo kit for more then I had in it and sold it.Next came a forged 403 and twins.This car is stupid fast on the street.It will spin the tires at 100 MPH with anything less then a Mickey DR.If you have never driven a fast C5 or 6 try it.It's a whole new deal.As someone said in another post they are not expensive to buy.I've seen mint 10 second C5s go for $ 17000 on Flee Bay.
    PS.Even though I didn't do it myself it sometimes is a lot cheaper to buy a car that is built compared to building it yourself.

I like the vettes. Ive driven both the C5 and C6Z06. I bought a daily driver too, so I cn pretty much do whatever I want to the car I end up getting or to my WS6. I was thinking maybe twins/SC in the WS6, but I need the rear end fixed up to handle it first and a crate motor. I already have the car, and it has alot of work done to it, so it's gonna be a tough dcision to get something else and get rid of the T/A. (Wife says the TA has to go if I get a corvette.)

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    I like the vettes. Ive driven both the C5 and C6Z06. I bought a daily driver too, so I cn pretty much do whatever I want to the car I end up getting or to my WS6. I was thinking maybe twins/SC in the WS6, but I need the rear end fixed up to handle it first and a crate motor. I already have the car, and it has alot of work done to it, so it's gonna be a tough dcision to get something else and get rid of the T/A. (Wife says the TA has to go if I get a corvette.)
    Damn if she said you can get a vette if you get rid of the T/A I would probably go with the vette lol expecially since you have a DD you know.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I would have to say the wife needs to go if she is telling you that you have to sell the T/A

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-anv-ss View Post
    i would have to say the wife needs to go if she is telling you that you have to sell the t/a
    lol thats wrong so wrong!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information