Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Want to turbo or S/C 383 stroker

This is a discussion on Want to turbo or S/C 383 stroker within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Chad Nielson That is true, but STS has solved all of those problems. haha you must work ...

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Nielson View Post
    That is true, but STS has solved all of those problems.
    haha you must work for them

turbo questions

Silver
    02' Camaro SS

You guys must be talking about old kits, maybe!! I have only worked there for only a year. All of the complaints i have heard, have answers to them. The oil check valve, got one. The loud oil pump, cant here it. The oil getting forced back to the turbo, if the line see's to must pressure there is a warning buzzer that goes off. Oh lets not forget the low pipes, new kit that fixes that. You guys are freaking me out, I am going to put one on here in the next two weeks. If you guys want, i can take pics, send e-mails, pricing, whatever it takes. I think we have an awsome product, and like frost said it is a good kit needs work. Well we worked it out. Stacey David from gears, Amorall and Tony Stewert are giving away one of our corvettes. Kenny Dutwieler Turbo God even says the kit is good.
    A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK!!!!

green
    98 formula

That is true, but STS has solved all of those problems.
    how did they fix it? if the return pump stops working it wont tke long to run the engine out of oil I like the idea of remote mount turbo and like I said before it does work just not as well I wonder when we will see a remote supercharger driven from the drive shaft

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

You guys must be talking about old kits, maybe!! I have only worked there for only a year. All of the complaints i have heard, have answers to them. The oil check valve, got one. The loud oil pump, cant here it. The oil getting forced back to the turbo, if the line see's to must pressure there is a warning buzzer that goes off. Oh lets not forget the low pipes, new kit that fixes that. You guys are freaking me out, I am going to put one on here in the next two weeks. If you guys want, i can take pics, send e-mails, pricing, whatever it takes. I think we have an awsome product, and like frost said it is a good kit needs work. Well we worked it out. Stacey David from gears, Amorall and Tony Stewert are giving away one of our corvettes. Kenny Dutwieler Turbo God even says the kit is good.
    I went thru all those with the company. I'd call up and they'd say, "change the check valve," when that wouldn't work it was "check the line for kinks," and when I showed them what happend to the pipe it was "our test car didn't do it." They acted like there wasn't any problems with the kit. I'm sorry, but I dont buy into the "new kit is better" thing now. I'll let someone else be the test mule for them. But if someone wants to talk to me about STS I'm afraid I'm going to just stick with the results.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37 View Post
    I went thru all those with the company. I'd call up and they'd say, "change the check valve," when that wouldn't work it was "check the line for kinks," and when I showed them what happend to the pipe it was "our test car didn't do it." They acted like there wasn't any problems with the kit. I'm sorry, but I dont buy into the "new kit is better" thing now. I'll let someone else be the test mule for them. But if someone wants to talk to me about STS I'm afraid I'm going to just stick with the results.

True True!!! its a kick in the balls when you decide invest 2-5K then after you buy it, they give you "the youre on your own crap" Not to down STS im shure its good kit, but one time i called for info, and I dont know where but they managed to get my address, Phonenumbers and email. I really enjoy a No pressure company, but that was was almost forcing me to buy a kitt.

black
    1998 transam ws6

I would use procharger D1SC, or f1, depends on the horse power you are looking for. I have a 347 ci lengenfelter built motor with D1SC, 14 pounds of boost, pump gas + meth, made 620 rwhp. Very happy with procharger.

Silver
    02' Camaro SS

Hey guys i just finished my STS kit and after tuning on the dyno, I made 430rwhp on 5psi
    I have had it on for about 2 weeks now with no problems, however some of the pipes touch a heat shield in the back to at idle you can here a rattle.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Hey guys i just finished my STS kit and after tuning on the dyno, I made 430rwhp on 5psi
    I have had it on for about 2 weeks now with no problems, however some of the pipes touch a heat shield in the back to at idle you can here a rattle.
    If those are 6 speed numbers, you should be able to find 510-540 at 9psi with methanol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information