Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Twin Turbo Insatall problems

This is a discussion on Twin Turbo Insatall problems within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by blue2050 I had no choice but to put mufflers on it myslef. You told me you could ...

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by blue2050 View Post
    I had no choice but to put mufflers on it myslef. You told me you could not do it. I would have paid you to do it and you know it.
    Just a slap in the face you go and mufflers on your car.

My car is quiet now. It does not start.

Quote Roger Chapman:
    "Tthe drive shaft is made by Inland impire and the headers are stainless works,where did you come up with me saying I make them?lol I wish!
    what you will get is stainless 1 3/4 primary stainless works headers,( not coated)v-band clamps from header collector back(so it seals right and can be taken apart and put back together.)3 inch stainlees steel exhaust back to turbos,then from turbos out, stainless steel flanges,back into the factory tips,think I am installing mufflers ( as you stated you want quiet) intercooler tubing from front to turbos is all aluminum,as well as new 3 inch intercooler,fast fuel rails ,injector for boost,all fuel related lines and fittings for complete return fuel system,car tuned and ready to drive.I am installing ,your new drive shaft as well.complete turbo KiT installed is $6500 anything added of course add to the price."

Stop trying to make me look like the bad guy. You fucked up my car and took me for alot of money.
    I do ot want your junk back on my car period. You will never touch my car again.
    I also threw in alot of other shit like new MSD wire ,NGK spark plugs,new valve cover gaskets,new 02 sensor,new coolante temp sensor,two tial waste gates,1 tail bov,AIT sensor,Installed new drive shaft and stubs for free,put fluid in the trans you had someone else put in,which you bitched about as well as every time someone else worked on your car you bitch then you say( only good garage is your garage),well why the fuck did you not do this yourself,thats right you cant weld,or can you one email you say one thing another you say the oposite,this was a simple issue of a oil seal going bad in a turbo,but no you just want to make a big issue of bla bla bla,your car, was turd when I got it would not spin the tires at all..junk ass stock nittos,I know i drove it before I did install,had to drive it to use gas before I installed twin intank setup.sad you did not do what you said have send me back leaking turbo for warrantee and have car retuned for your area.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

I sent the car to you to add twin turbos and make more power.
    You failed.
    Should have done it myself. That much is obvious.
    Whether I can weld or not is not the issure here, You got paid to install the system. All the parts you mention. You are diggiing a hole.

The extra you mention. I will now tell everyone I bought you an innovate hand held wide band for your shop bad trade for the wires and plugs. You came out ahead.
    http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm2.php.
    Told you up front I would install new plugs before I sent it to you. You said no because they have to be removed anyhow to install the headers. You also said no problem.

You are funny. It would spin it tires through first and into second when you got it. That is another lie to the folks here.
    I told you not to spin my 2 day old new Nitto NT 555's tires.
    Stock junk tires, another lie.
    When I said I could post pictures and comment on you sorry work for pages I am telling the truth. You keep on and I will. My attorney tells me I can't sue.
    All I can do is warn others and absorb the loss.

I am OK with the 1400.00 for the CV and shafts. Told everyone that.
    Besides the leak I fixed the fuel system is maybe OK. I have not really looked at that yet. I do not have a problem with paying you for that.
    I do have a problem with the 6500.00 for this install..for all the reasons I list and then plenty I have not listed yet.

When I took my car to XXX motorsports for the diagnosis.
    XXX Motorsports installed my clutch. They apologized and said they were wrong. Offered to add fluid right then. Gave me a partial refund.
    Of course I was not happy they did not add the correct amount of fluid.
    You said no problem. Told you I would fly up and do it myslf it it was a problem. Did not want my tranny run 1.8 quarts low on fluid

You are correct. After 2 weeks of dealing with you and your bull I knew I had made a mistake.
    6500.00 for this junk. It is a big deal. tell you again I would be crazy to deal with you any futher...other than right here for all to see and draw their own conclusions.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by blue2050 View Post
    I sent the car to you to add twin turbos and make more power.
    You failed.
    Should have done it myself. That much is obvious.
    Whether I can weld or not is not the issure here, You got paid to install the system. All the parts you mention. You are diggiing a hole.

The extra you mention. I will now tell everyone I bought you an innovate hand held wide band for your shop bad trade for the wires and plugs. You came out ahead.
    http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm2.php.
    Told you up front I would install new plugs before I sent it to you. You said no because they have to be removed anyhow to install the headers. You also said no problem.

You are funny. It would spin it tires through first and into second when you got it. That is another lie to the folks here.
    I told you not to spin my 2 day old new Nitto NT 555's tires.
    Stock junk tires, another lie.
    When I said I could post pictures and comment on you sorry work for pages I am telling the truth. You keep on and I will. My attorney tells me I can't sue.
    All I can do is warn others and absorb the loss.

I am OK with the 1400.00 for the CV and shafts. Told everyone that.
    Besides the leak I fixed the fuel system is maybe OK. I have not really looked at that yet. I do not have a problem with paying you for that.
    I do have a problem with the 6500.00 for this install..for all the reasons I list and then plenty I have not listed yet.

When I took my car to XXX motorsports for the diagnosis.
    XXX Motorsports installed my clutch. They apologized and said they were wrong. Offered to add fluid right then. Gave me a partial refund.
    Of course I was not happy they did not add the correct amount of fluid.
    You said no problem. Told you I would fly up and do it myslf it it was a problem. Did not want my tranny run 1.8 quarts low on fluid

You are correct. After 2 weeks of dealing with you and your bull I knew I had made a mistake.
    6500.00 for this junk. It is a big deal. tell you again I would be crazy to deal with you any futher...other than right here for all to see and draw their own conclusions.
    sorry to hear you got screwed

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

WoW. uh ...... that sucks your out the cash. Bigest problem with not doing stuff your self. But then again you can't always count on parts manufactures either so. again....WOW. I feel that hurt.
    That is a cluster f--k.
    Don't know that giving "extras" makes up for this mess.
    In the old days people would go out of thier way even if they end up loosing money to fix a bad situation. That seems to be my problem something beyond my control always f--ks me.
    sorry to hear about this for both of you.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Again main problem was a leaking seal in a turbo,this was under warrantee,all he needed to do was send it back and receive a new one,instead he decides to just throw in the towel and take it all apart.
    seems everyone has to have their say,this is a proven kit,when it left it had no issues,this is a very well made thought out setup,just because a turbo seal failed,its now junk?photos....[

this kit starts with sSTAINLESS works headers back to turbos with 3 inch stainless,all the intercooler tubing is aluminum,tail waste gates and tail bov,fast fuel rails braided fuel lines AN fittings,nastys twin intank pumps,etc.etc anyone who says this is a bunch of junk is a MORON and does not know shit,how many of you guys have some of the same parts on your car..... this guy is just to pissed that a turbo seal went out and made a mess,all I can say is what I know,turbo has a warrante car was not here when it did that ,looks like to me he kept driving the car way to long after it was leaking ,I have seen those seal go out before never have I seen one that bad. guess someone is going to get a good deal on a turbo setup,why would anyone go to all that expense and not just send a turbo back and get it replaced? can someone answer that for me?
    Last edited by cailey37; 08-29-2009 at 08:08 PM. Reason: I'm sure the owner doesn't want his plate displayed

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Could of warned you about rear mount turbos...junk! There really isn't a "seal" per say in the turbo. The oil isn't getting evacuated out from the system fast enough and basically spills over into the tracts. That's what happens when you try to rely on a pump to pull it from the back and take it to the front. Sounds like you got taken for a ride. Hopefully others will see this and think twice about rear mounts.

Wow, I just looked at the work! I can only say that it's junk! The welds are junk. I'm going to to call this one like I see it......crap! Does he even have a business license? If so, you can go thru the licensing agency in Ohio and file a complaint. If you paid $6300 for this you were taken big time! But, enough of that....

Now, lets see about fixing this mess....where did he put the oil pump to drain the oil out? Also, what type is it? Let's see if we can't get this thing back to good since you're already into it so much.
    Last edited by cailey37; 08-30-2009 at 05:16 AM.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

yep junk enough to run 10.6 and 134 mph on a stock ls2,you have not a clue what you are saying!rear mounts are a very good option where the space is limited and a car does not need to be cut up to make this work.was nothing wrong with the oiling system was a bad seal in a turbo those oil pumps have worked for me flawlessley for three years. also he has decided he does not to be FI.so its all off car.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    yep junk enough to run 10.6 and 134 mph on a stock ls2,you have not a clue what you are saying!rear mounts are a very good option where the space is limited and a car does not need to be cut up to make this work.was nothing wrong with the oiling system was a bad seal in a turbo those oil pumps have worked for me flawlessley for three years. also he has decided he does not to be FI.so its all off car.
    I haven't clue? I have probably forgotten more about turbo systems than you know! First, I would NEVER roll a car out with the workmanship I saw in those pics! I don't know who taught you to weld but you may look into some refresher training. Do you even have a business license ? And you keep talking about a "seal" in the turbo. There are no magic seals in those. They are basically like rings, like you would find around a piston. There is nothing that keeps the oil from spilling over into the tracts except the draining of the oil system. That is usually taken care of by gravity but since you insist on putting them in the back you rely on a pump. And that pump isn't taking care of it! Plain and simple! Its guys like you, that throw some crap on these cars that makes guys like me make a lot of money!

You know, I remember you now! You were the one claiming to be the fastest GTO in the country....lol....now it all makes sense....instead of arguing why don’t you just give the guy his money back. I'm quite certain he'll be more than willing to send the junk back! I mean you stand behind the product right? And I'm sure you strive to make the customer happy. Because if you don't you wont be around long that's for sure. And before you go off on a tirade I'd suggest you choose your words. If you'd like to debate turbo systems then fine. I will talk till I'm blue in the face. Believe me, I've been doing this for some time now and I have proven cars out on the road and track! What I saw in those pics is no more than someone rolling a car into their garage and slapping it together. The rear mount idea just isn't there. Too many issues to even start to explain. I promise you, you won’t find one person running one, and be competitive at the track.
    Last edited by cailey37; 08-30-2009 at 07:15 PM.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37 View Post
    I haven't clue? I have probably forgotten more about turbo systems than you know! First, I would NEVER roll a car out with the workmanship I saw in those pics! I don't know who taught you to weld but you may look into some refresher training. Do you even have a business license ? And you keep talking about a "seal" in the turbo. There are no magic seals in those. They are basically like rings, like you would find around a piston. There is nothing that keeps the oil from spilling over into the tracts except the draining of the oil system. That is usually taken care of by gravity but since you insist on putting them in the back you rely on a pump. And that pump isn't taking care of it! Plain and simple! Its guys like you, that throw some crap on these cars that makes guys like me make a lot of money!

You know, I remember you now! You were the one claiming to be the fastest GTO in the country....lol....now it all makes sense....instead of arguing why don’t you just give the guy his money back. I'm quite certain he'll be more than willing to send the junk back! I mean you stand behind the product right? And I'm sure you strive to make the customer happy. Because if you don't you wont be around long that's for sure. And before you go off on a tirade I'd suggest you choose your words. If you'd like to debate turbo systems then fine. I will talk till I'm blue in the face. Believe me, I've been doing this for some time now and I have proven cars out on the road and track! What I saw in those pics is no more than someone rolling a car into their garage and slapping it together. The rear mount idea just isn't there. Too many issues to even start to explain. I promise you, you won’t find one person running one, and be competitive at the track.
    yea yea wtfe,you find it easy to come on here and bash people,I know exactly what those seals look like I have rebuilt them,I am not claiming anything is a fact Jack!
    I would have sent this guy the parts he needed to fix his car,im in ohio hes in florida,I cant see the car to know what he needed, he gave me no chance to fix the problem,just started to post his bitches on the forumn,he keeps saying, I said it happened in transit,I was referring to the bumper cover and that was just a snap back in to fix.as far as the welds,the welds you speak of,the ones you see on the rear exhaust pipes were factory weld all I did was wire wheel them to make them shine,this guy had planned on doing his own muffler after he received car back,so i just reused what was there.and the rest is none of your damn business..this is why the whole thing got blowed out of proportion,people who know nothing about the deal adding their bullshit,this could have been easily resolved between buyer and seller.and saying rear mounts dont work,lol.not competitive at the track eh?I run mine every weekend and I am very competitive,run into me sometime ill show you some competitivness.
    Last edited by qwkgto; 08-31-2009 at 05:12 AM.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

yea yea wtfe,you find it easy to come on here and bash people,I know exactly what those seals look like I have rebuilt them,I am not claiming anything is a fact Jack!
    I would have sent this guy the parts he needed to fix his car,im in ohio hes in florida,I cant see the car to know what he needed, he gave me no chance to fix the problem,just started to post his bitches on the forumn,he keeps saying, I said it happened in transit,I was referring to the bumper cover and that was just a snap back in to fix.as far as the welds,the welds you speak of,the ones you see on the rear exhaust pipes were factory weld all I did was wire wheel them to make them shine,this guy had planned on doing his own muffler after he received car back,so i just reused what was there.and the rest is none of your damn business..this is why the whole thing got blowed out of proportion,people who know nothing about the deal adding their bullshit,this could have been easily resolved between buyer and seller.and saying rear mounts dont work,lol.not competitive at the track eh?I run mine every weekend and I am very competitive,run into me sometime ill show you some competitivness.

I'm afraid at 10.6 you wont do much. Plus, I'm not some teenager that has to show how fast my car is. I know how fast it is. I will compare workmanship and end product any time you like! I don't roll out junk! Like I said, if you wanted to make it right have him send his stuff back and refund it...plain and simple....and the welds I'm talking about are the thing you call a charge pipe to the intercooler. That is in no way a factory weld!

You really don't want to compare knowledge of F/I systems I promise you!

Do you even have a business license?

Now, should you like to get into a pissing contest with me I will be glad to remove you from the thread or even to post in this section. This is all I'm going to say about this. If you want to help the guy, which I think you know you should, then do so. Otherwise, we're done.
    Last edited by cailey37; 08-31-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

I'm afraid at 10.6 you wont do much. Plus, I'm not some teenager that has to show how fast my car is. I know how fast it is. I will compare workmanship and end product any time you like! I don't roll out junk! Like I said, if you wanted to make it right have him send his stuff back and refund it...plain and simple....and the welds I'm talking about are the thing you call a charge pipe to the intercooler. That is in no way a factory weld!

You really don't want to compare knowledge of F/I systems I promise you!

Do you even have a business license?

Now, should you like to get into a pissing contest with me I will be glad to remove you from the thread or even to post in this section. This is all I'm going to say about this. If you want to help the guy, which I think you know you should, then do so. Otherwise, we're done.
    first off I have offered repeatly to help him offered to send new turbos and spark plugs.I dont know you and you have no idea who I am,I welded that charge pipe together the guy who welded the rest of the setup is a cryogenic specialist he can weld very well,I never claimed to be welder,I am learning to use that tig,I worked very hard on that setup,just to have a turbo seal go bad and everyone and their brother has to run their mouth about something they have NO concern in.That was his decission not to use the kit. you be upset if I ran my mouth on your setup as well,not knowing all the facts.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

first off I have offered repeatly to help him offered to send new turbos and spark plugs.I dont know you and you have no idea who I am,I welded that charge pipe together the guy who welded the rest of the setup is a cryogenic specialist he can weld very well,I never claimed to be welder,I am learning to use that tig,I worked very hard on that setup,just to have a turbo seal go bad and everyone and their brother has to run their mouth about something they have NO concern in.That was his decission not to use the kit. you be upset if I ran my mouth on your setup as well,not knowing all the facts.
    Well, maybe so. But, knock on wood, I haven't had anyone complain about one of my setups. And for the last time, there are no "seals" in the turbo. The problem I see is that the oil isn't being evacuated fast enough and it's spilling over into the tracts. I can see that right off the bat. What pump do you use?

Now, like everything, there is always two sides to every story. I read the other post and some of the things I read would cause me to just scratch my head. Like if you told him that it's normal for a BOV to shoot oil I'd have to say BS on that! Also, I read that someone said it's "normal" to smell fuel if you use braided lines. I only use braided lines and I have yet to smell fuel. And I've built everything from pro mod cars to street cars! But, maybe you didn't say that. I really dont care. What I do care about is that the info that gets out in this forum is not only helpful but accurate. This isn't the other section of this site. I generally stay out of most of the threads until I see something that is BS or someone just needs a question answered.

Believe me, I know a thing or two about turbo setups. I've certainly built enough of them!

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Well, maybe so. But, knock on wood, I haven't had anyone complain about one of my setups. And for the last time, there are no "seals" in the turbo. The problem I see is that the oil isn't being evacuated fast enough and it's spilling over into the tracts. I can see that right off the bat. What pump do you use?

Now, like everything, there is always two sides to every story. I read the other post and some of the things I read would cause me to just scratch my head. Like if you told him that it's normal for a BOV to shoot oil I'd have to say BS on that! Also, I read that someone said it's "normal" to smell fuel if you use braided lines. I only use braided lines and I have yet to smell fuel. And I've built everything from pro mod cars to street cars! But, maybe you didn't say that. I really dont care. What I do care about is that the info that gets out in this forum is not only helpful but accurate. This isn't the other section of this site. I generally stay out of most of the threads until I see something that is BS or someone just needs a question answered.

Believe me, I know a thing or two about turbo setups. I've certainly built enough of them!
    I did not say that about the bov I said,that if oil were in the tract it would blow out from the bov when the car went to vaccume,alot of things I said got turned around,and mis stated,there are some kids from another forum that just follow me around and cause problems,I wanted that car to make sure there were no problems,but he would not have it ,I had 4 times I received wrong items while building the setup,and that guy knew up front from day one I needed a wideband and a fuel pressure guage,before I could even begin to tune that car,sent it out to me 3 or 4th week i had car then blames me for not having thing done and ready,as you well know always unseen issues,parts showing up wrong from vendors,out of my hands,I also know what those seals look like, A mini ring,in the turbos .I beleive the guy saw it smoking and kept driving it that way which made it way worst then what it should have been.I wanted to send him what he needed,like I mentioned was the first ls1 car and really not that much diffrence in the two cars except for brakes,50hp and a few other minor details,I am not on here to rip anyone off,my setups work and work well the way they are,I will not use those cheap turbos again,the mocal pumps are not an issue,i ran one for three years. I have smelled fuel as well i use the Jegs brand braided line now and then have smelled it,back when we ran carbs all the time we always smelled fuel ,cam 2 or other fuels always have a smell to them even when car was not running you could smell it. maybe ill try another type of line next time I do one,what brand you use?

Black
    2004 Pontiac GTO M-6

First off I am the owner of the GTO Roger Chapman did the bad install on for anyone who has forgot.

I told Roger I was heading overseas. I got the car returned to me one week before I deployed to the United States Embassy in Brussles,Belgium. Where I am right now.
    Stop with the bullsh*t about working together. Logistically not possible a week after receivng the car. You know it.

I had no time and he knew it. This I will work with him crap is more of just that..impossible crap.
    I asked for warranty papers for the turbos and their reciepts be sent to me in that one week. He did not send me any warranty info so I could send them back myself. I did and do not have time to send parts back and forth from Florida to Ohio.
    You may go on and on about how you say you can fix it. You know I was headed overseas. I have watched you and your comments.

You said oil blowing out of the BOV was normal. I cannot quote you as I am on my laptop now. But that is exactly what you said.

I sent you a long e-mail tellling you everything that was wrong with you install....before posting here.
    You said: It was fine when it left your house.
    Your only answer to a list of problems....that are now here
    You said the front clip being way off happened in transport.
    That is when it became obvious any conversation with you was a waste of my time. Then your friend came on and said it was a Pontiac problem. I would have to buy a new one. BS
    The front clip was off because the bumber had the IC mashed in place leaving the bumper out about a 1/2". Once the IC was off the bumper moved up and down several inches. That IC fell off on te floor when I took the silicone elbows off it. Your clips were already broken off.

My car came off the trailer blowing oil, smoking and missing, loud as hell.
    The first post here says the customer wants quiet. Next post by me puts an explanation point on that.

The exhaust you claim as stock with the 2" 90 welded into 2.5".

It was obvious this had to be removed from my car when I took a good look at that system you installed. Tie wraps, electrical PVC straps, oil line against the drive shaftand on the exhaust. Both charge pipes riding on te 1/2 shafts. Told me to beat those flat. Give me a break.
    One thing after another it was a rigged junk install.

The fact its blowing oil into and out of the engine was enough.
    Maybe 1/2 the power it had before I sent the car to you.
    You had 4 weeks to fix it. I spent $60.00 sending that damn wide band overnight UPS. You might have gone 2 days. Why does the customer have to supply you tuning tools. You are not a business or even a shop working towards it. I checked.

All these problems within 30 miles. 99% of them at the bottom of the` trailer ramps.
    There is NO excuse.
    Keep on trying to blame me. All I asked for was the warranty info on all the new parts as any business would do.
    I would have returned what I could in that week I had.

Obvious again is any communication with you is pointless.
    My loss painfully obvious and what you did to my car unaccepatble.
    I now own a beater car that blows oil and plumes of smoke on following cars. I sent you a nice clean 350 HP GTO with 32,000 miles.
    Last edited by blue2050; 09-04-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Ok....I believe this one is done. I'm sorry your car isn't working. When you get back perhaps you can get this resolved. As far as the individual that performed the work, all I can say is if you spent that much money on something I believe it better be right. Maybe after you get back you can look into your options on perhaps getting some of your money back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information