Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

TVS 1900 or 2300

looking at building a 402 stroker w/ forged internals on an ls2 block and adding a Maggie to it. I've been getting some other LS owners telling me that a 2300 is too big for a larger displacement engine? doesn't make sense to me. what are your thoughts?

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Well Ford will now be using the 2300 on its 5.4/5.8L 2013 Cobra and that engine is smaller than yours.

I would use the 2300 if your going to race it on weekends and use the smaller blower if your going to just drive cruise around town as it will make more torque down low.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

So you're saying the 2300 is okay for a 402 then?

If that's the case, I happen to like the idea of less torque down low with the 2300 since I can't get any traction as is. In July I plan on getting a mini tub, so I can fit 325's under the rear and hopefully that will eliminate some of the problems.

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH.WS6 View Post
    So you're saying the 2300 is okay for a 402 then?

If that's the case, I happen to like the idea of less torque down low with the 2300 since I can't get any traction as is. In July I plan on getting a mini tub, so I can fit 325's under the rear and hopefully that will eliminate some of the problems.
    It also depends on the pulley diameter, as it affects how much boost you will be running.

I thought this was for a WS6 as I seen your avatar.

I see you are probably doing this to the Goat.
    Last edited by transamtom; 04-12-2012 at 02:39 PM. Reason: wrong car wrong info.
    2010 Camaro SIM 2SS/RS A6
    1999 TA A4 NBM
    12.265 at 110.52mph

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Haha... Yeah, I haven't updated the picture and my user name says WS6 in it... That would also be misleading. I bought a 06 GTO last year and traded the TA.

As for the pulley and boost: I'm not sure on the pulley measurements, but I'm looking at 8-9 psi for boost according to the manufacturer of the blower. I wouldn't want any more than that.

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH.WS6 View Post
    Haha... Yeah, I haven't updated the picture and my user name says WS6 in it... That would also be misleading. I bought a 06 GTO last year and traded the TA.

As for the pulley and boost: I'm not sure on the pulley measurements, but I'm looking at 8-9 psi for boost according to the manufacturer of the blower. I wouldn't want any more than that.
    Once you get the taste of 8-9 you will want more,resist the temptation unless your wealthy.

My Mustang friends have learned the hard way.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by transamtom View Post
    Once you get the taste of 8-9 you will want more,resist the temptation unless your wealthy.

My Mustang friends have learned the hard way.
    lol well your mustang friends also didn't start with a 402 w/8-9psi. From what I understand those mustangs need 15+ to make anywhere near the same power. I have a target HP range I'm going for and I feel confident I can get there with this set up.

2002 camaro ss

The 2300 is pretty much what everbody is throwing on the new 5.0 stangs,+ running 10's with no problem,+alot are putting the even bigger 2.8 kenne bell blowers on + they drive like a stocker until you step on it.
    If the 302's handle these no problem a 402 should easily handle the 2300 + then some.
    It's not like putting on too big of a turbo + then have to suffer with lag,a blower is a whole different animal ,especially a positive displacement blower like the 2300.
    I think the 1900 would be a disappointment + found to be undersized for a forged 402ci stroker motor. good luck.
    Last edited by camaronator; 05-13-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Hopefully you will be running a 315 drag radial, along with some suspension upgrades. I'm running a 275 DR and my car dead hooks in warm weather, but anything under 65 degrees and traction is limited until I hit around 55-60 mph. You'll end up with a lot more power than I have so traction is probably going to be a concern for you on the street.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Hopefully you will be running a 315 drag radial, along with some suspension upgrades. I'm running a 275 DR and my car dead hooks in warm weather, but anything under 65 degrees and traction is limited until I hit around 55-60 mph. You'll end up with a lot more power than I have so traction is probably going to be a concern for you on the street.
    I'm going to try a 325 street tire first :/ but a 315/325 drag radial won't be out of the question. I'll be getting a mini tub to accommodate the tires.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by camaronator View Post
    The 2300 is pretty much what everbody is throwing on the new 5.0 stangs,+ running 10's with no problem,+alot are putting the even bigger 2.8 kenne bell blowers on + they drive like a stocker until you step on it.
    If the 302's handle these no problem a 402 should easily handle the 2300 + then some.
    It's not like putting on too big of a turbo + then have to suffer with lag,a blower is a whole different animal ,especially a positive displacement blower like the 2300.
    I think the 1900 would be a disappointment + found to be undersized for a forged 402ci stroker motor. good luck.
    Thanks! I'm new to the blown world. My builds to this point have been N/A and VERY mild in retrospect to what I plan to do here with this GTO.

Thread Information