Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

turbos destroy engines

This is a discussion on turbos destroy engines within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 01ws6er faarrtt, faaaarrrtt, faaarrttt, faaaarrtttt, faaaaarrrtttt, faaaaaartttt, faaaaarrrrtttt, faaaaarrtrt, NOS! NOS! NOS! NOS! BLURRY BLURRY BLURRY...faaarrrrttt, faaarrrtttt, ...

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    faarrtt, faaaarrrtt, faaarrttt, faaaarrtttt, faaaaarrrtttt, faaaaaartttt, faaaaarrrrtttt, faaaaarrtrt, NOS! NOS! NOS! NOS! BLURRY BLURRY BLURRY...faaarrrrttt, faaarrrtttt, faaaarrrttttt

Part of the script I stole the script from LS1TransHeld...
    Good summary of the fast and furious.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by 00WS6BlueMetallic View Post
    I hate when people call it NOS, they been watching 2 much fast and the furios. NOS is a brand of nitrous for the last time.
    sorry but have you called a carbonated beverage a coke.. what about a q-tip or kleenex or bandaid.. all name brands.. but yes.. if someone says NOS they have never used nitrous...

Sidewayz Hat Police LS1TransHed's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    faarrtt, faaaarrrtt, faaarrttt, faaaarrtttt, faaaaarrrtttt, faaaaaartttt, faaaaarrrrtttt, faaaaarrtrt, NOS! NOS! NOS! NOS! BLURRY BLURRY BLURRY...faaarrrrttt, faaarrrtttt, faaaarrrttttt

Part of the script I stole the script from LS1TransHed...
    Yeah, Bambi 2 was fuckin trippy lol

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by WS6ICK2K View Post
    I hate when people call it NOS, they been watching 2 much fast and the furios. NOS is a brand of nitrous for the last time.

Kinda like when they hit the button and all of a sudden everthing gets blurry. LOL
    it gets blurry because of the Nawz effect. PW probably had a leak in his system. lol

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    sorry but have you called a carbonated beverage a coke.. what about a q-tip or kleenex or bandaid.. all name brands.. but yes.. if someone says NOS they have never used nitrous...
    dont forget Pampers, Puppychow, chlorox, windex, doritos, chips etc...

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    My uncle calls it NOS because he used to run "NOS" nitrous on his 70 something Le-Mans back in the day, which was a wednesday I think...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

Uh oh.. we got Dane Cook references starting.... lol

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

If anything superchargers is a more immediate burst of power then a turbo is. I do agree with the above the bigger one of the 3 adders is Nitrous. On my 93 Z with all the bolt ons+150 shot it was extremely rough and will snap your head back no doubt at the same time if your clutch or several other things isnt up to par they will fail quickly. I couldve set it up to come in much smoother, but well put by another member if you dont have it set up right then it doesnt really matter what you put on, it will eventually cause serious damage.

Fire
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by WS6ICK2K View Post
    Kinda like when they hit the button and all of a sudden everthing gets blurry. LOL
    No brand promotion intended. Sorta like saying "Xerox" instead of "copier". I'm still trying to find the button that engages that roots blower sticking outta the hood [oops, did it again "roots"].

white
    1993 gmc typhoon

i believe turbos are the best way to go for a street/strip car. on the street you can turn the boost dowm with a simple knob or button. for the strip fill it up with some good gas and turn it up. turbos will build boost at lower rpm unlike a rpm dependent supercharger and are more efficient. you get the sizing on the exhaust trim right, match the stall and you can run highway gears. works good to me. oh and you get the the 2f2f blur effect.

metallic pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS6

This "NOS" company is getting the benefit of becoming the generic name for nitrous.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by supaxero View Post
    This "NOS" company is getting the benefit of becoming the generic name for nitrous.
    They also have an energy drink lol

Navy Blue Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by jmatt07 View Post
    i was reading a couple articles online and they were saying that turbos have a much higher risk than superchargers of blowing the engine due to the amount of heat they make. it also states things like turbos tear up your transmission because of the sudden increase of power. this was an article i read after googling superchargers vs turbos so it might just be a very biased aricl but i was wondering if this was true and if anyone here knows alot about superchargers vs. turbos. my car is a daily driver so i want the safest thing. any info is greatly apprciated. Thanks.........john
    Turbos are not more likely to tear up because of the heat they make. They are exposed to more heat from high exhaust temps on the turbine side but this is accounted for in their design. As far as sudden increase in power, that is not true. Superchargers' boost is constant regardless of rpm therefore giving a sudden increase in power off the line, while aturbocharger's is a function of the engines rpm and smoothly increases the power. Either can be safe if setup correctly. Both can blow your motor if setup wrong

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Smile Turbo vs. Super

Both will tear your engine up if you are not careful.

I know from experience since I personally warped the heads and valves practically shut on my last Vortech car.

Supercharger: Better throttle response.
    Turbo: More power at the same boost, getter gas mileage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information