Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Turbo kits not remote mounted.

I was wondering if theres any good turbo kits available that include everything you need that is not remote mount located. I have heard many bad things about STS turbos and I think it's kinda gay having one exhaust tip on an American muscle car.

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by 00WS6BlueMetallic View Post
    I was wondering if theres any good turbo kits available that include everything you need that is not remote mount located. I have heard many bad things about STS turbos and I think it's kinda gay having one exhaust tip on an American muscle car.
    nothing gay about 450hp. the sts turbo kit is badass. it has a little lag, but not much at all. my dad's friend has the sts twin turbo on his c5 z06 corvette. on his dyno it came out as 530hp. that sts setup is kicks ass. also I rode in that sts vette and it just plain kicks ass. they did a review on it on a c6 vette with a single turbo sts vette where they made 520hp with one that was stock aside from the sts kit. I can't remember the show it was on. I bet you could find it on youtube.com

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Stay away from STS.....you'll find enough from people that ran them to keep you away...not going to dig it up any more....I've seen first hand their product...APS has a kit, LS1 Speed I think has one and a few others....best bet is to get a good fabricator and have one built.....

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37 View Post
    Stay away from STS.....you'll find enough from people that ran them to keep you away...not going to dig it up any more....I've seen first hand their product...APS has a kit, LS1 Speed I think has one and a few others....best bet is to get a good fabricator and have one built.....
    Agreed. Have several LTx, LSx, and 5-liter buddies that have ran STS kits. Many bad experiences with them. Plus there are front-mount kits that make a substantial amount of more power with less boost.

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

APS TT system...

Sebring Silver
    00 Camaro SS/09 LS3 Vette

I have the STS system. I made over 600hp with it, and I went 10's.
    It is however the biggest waste of time and the SHITTIEST kit available.

Forced induction is not cheap. So if you don't have baller money to throw around, then just forget it. There is no such thing as cheap forced induction.

With that said you set-up has to match what motor you are gonna run. You can't just simply slap a turbo on there and call it a day.

Pre-made kits like STS and APS I would stay away from.
    Go to the FI section of Tech and do some research.

Me personally? I'm done with Turbos. I ordered my F1A and hopefully never looking back.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLs1 View Post
    I have the STS system. I made over 600hp with it, and I went 10's.
    It is however the biggest waste of time and the SHITTIEST kit available.

Forced induction is not cheap. So if you don't have baller money to throw around, then just forget it. There is no such thing as cheap forced induction.

With that said you set-up has to match what motor you are gonna run. You can't just simply slap a turbo on there and call it a day.

Pre-made kits like STS and APS I would stay away from.
    Go to the FI section of Tech and do some research.

Me personally? I'm done with Turbos. I ordered my F1A and hopefully never looking back.

DOH! I wish I knew.... Adam (fireball) is selling his F1c and 8 rib setup complete to the elbow. All shiny fat piping and t-clamps and a FMIC. All ready to bolt up and the blower has VERY little time on it. He went low 9s on it in front of a braked 4l80. Made like 811 at the tire before it was maxed out.

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

Really, I thought APS TT system was supposed to be pretty good. Anyways I want go intercooled procharger myself. Heard they kick some serios booty

Sebring Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    DOH! I wish I knew.... Adam (fireball) is selling his F1c and 8 rib setup complete to the elbow. All shiny fat piping and t-clamps and a FMIC. All ready to bolt up and the blower has VERY little time on it. He went low 9s on it in front of a braked 4l80. Made like 811 at the tire before it was maxed out.

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    What a kick in the balls. Man, it would have been sold easy.
    Well least I know someone that had something close to what I am trying to put together.
    This is braned new ground for me.

cyclone grey
    2006 pontiac gto

aps is one of the number one turbo kit companys in the world so why would u say away from them?
    2006 gto cyclone grey ls2 m6
    aps tt system,90mm ported fast intake,elite catch can,b&m short shifter,fiske profil 10 18x8 1/2 245/40/18ZR 38mm offset fr 18x9 1/2rr 275/40/18ZR 51mm offset rr,Magnaflow cat
    back.
    2006 GSXR1000 with to much done to it then i'm willing to write about.

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

HP Performance makes em too, forgot. I've heard pretty good things

Sebring Silver

Quote Originally Posted by dkrowner View Post
    aps is one of the number one turbo kit companys in the world so why would u say away from them?
    Not in the FBody world.
    They've had turbos blow apart. And intake hoses collapse under load. You need an aftermarket K-Member on top of the price of the kit. I've talked to the customer representitive when I was choosing a kit. The guy is a retard.
    I'm no expert on Turbos, but I do know certain turbos don't work with bigger cubed engines. APS told me their base kit would work "excellent" with my 408

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

HP seems good, and the kit comes with K member and exhaust manifolds. Solid kit and deal, I'm ordering one this week I believe so I'll let you know how it goes!

Black
    1998 Trans Am

You talking about HP Performance out of Roswell, NM? I wasn't aware that they had started selling their kit yet....

2002 z28 camaro

check out speedinc

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by C&Cbird View Post
    You talking about HP Performance out of Roswell, NM? I wasn't aware that they had started selling their kit yet....
    Yep, they're selling it now. Great price and it seems real solid. Single turbo, not TT tho. Good hp gains

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLs1 View Post
    Not in the FBody world.
    They've had turbos blow apart. And intake hoses collapse under load. You need an aftermarket K-Member on top of the price of the kit. I've talked to the customer representitive when I was choosing a kit. The guy is a retard.
    I'm no expert on Turbos, but I do know certain turbos don't work with bigger cubed engines. APS told me their base kit would work "excellent" with my 408
    I dont know where your getting your info from but it is not correct. there was 1 person that had a turbo problem with his F-body kit and it wasnt the turbo's fault. the ducts have never collapsed on an F-body kit....there was a big up roar on tech about them after the issue they had on the C5 kits but there has been absolutely no Evidence of this on an F-body kit. the turbos work perfectly fine on a bigger cubed motor but you wont break any HP records with them. the K-member is a small price to pay and considering people eventually replace the K regardless, i dont think its an issue.
    JM is at 700rwhp at 12psi through a auto and huge stall, 411 rear..it runs 10.00 at 140...its a 402ci motor and has had 0 issues.
    Darren P just hit 650rwhp on a 403 with just 8psi...(the same guy who had the turbo problem, which APS stepped up and replaced his turbo at no charge).
    the APS guy may be a retard (as you say) but the product surpasses anything else on the market right now if you base it on Quality. like i said, you wont break any hp records with the "standard" kit but if your lookin for a decent kit for around 750-850rwhp, you cant beat the APS.
    i have a kit on a 402 and will be dynoing after break in but i can tell you allready i made the right choice...it looks factory!!
    your entitled to your own opinion ofcourse but dont spew things that arent true cause there is no evidence of said problems.

Quote Originally Posted by 001CamaroSS View Post
    HP seems good, and the kit comes with K member and exhaust manifolds. Solid kit and deal, I'm ordering one this week I believe so I'll let you know how it goes!

What kind of wait times did they quote you?

Metalic Navy Blue
    2001 Camaro Z28

Yea Check Out APS TT
    www.fquick.com/dillard99
    SLP Lid,SLP Ram Induction,SLP Elbows,Headers Pacesetters Coated LT's, True Dual 3"Custom Pipes No Muffs /Cats,Put Me @ 346hp 358Tq Next TSP's
    Magic3 237in/242ex 112lsa SLP Underdrive,dual timing,Slp Oil Pump, Sphon Sway Bars,6point Roll Cage,Trick Flows =450+rwhp "Sold"

Thread Information