Turbo Kit

This is a discussion on Turbo Kit within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I am wondering where you guys got your turbo kits. I am looking to put one on my 1999 TA. ...

04 srt4 and 99 firebird

Turbo Kit

I am wondering where you guys got your turbo kits. I am looking to put one on my 1999 TA. Any places you recommend?

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

I have a twin kit on order from gmr speedf.
    I would think should be shipping in another week or two..There single was very nice too but always wanted a twin turbo.

Quite a few guys ordered from a company called hi flo.They have taken months and months to ship but think they are finally shipping out and not sure how long they are now for wait.

Other than those above think there is Turbo technologies inc also selling single ls1 kits.
    The gmr twin I ordered currently has no air conditioning but they said they might be able to do a air relocate.I hope so as will miss air slightly but was willing to forgo it for the capability of 1000 plus rwhp!!

Yellow
    2005 GTO

1000 whp?
    You're going to miss a lot more than your AC. Your block, pistons, rods!!! :>

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

No,meant the system has 1000plus rwhp capability.
    I will either set it up for 400 to 500 rwhp with stock block and or wait
    an extra year and then install a iron block 6.0 stroked ot like 402 with fully forged parts.Then can use more of the capability.The key is capability.
    If you have a setup that makes way more power than you will ever need you don't have to keep trading up mods or whatever.

I am also currently building a 650hp 97 talon.And yes that engine is fully forged 2.4 litre.
    Last edited by 99TAWS6; 04-30-2006 at 06:04 PM.

Yellow
    2005 GTO

haha 2.4L. 650 HP 650\2.4=271 HP per Litre. That has to be a record.!!
    I'm building a Metro with a rocket engine.

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

Sorry the turbo actually did 620whp..thats wheel horse power it was awd no nitrous and think around 35psi.

But I was saying 650 potential engine hp. Now again potential is not what I would be running in street trim everyday.Would likely be running 400 to 450 whp daily. This is with big intercooler and water/alco injection on pump gas around 22psi or so.
    You also have to have supporting mods. I have them.Engine is mits 2.4 out of a hyundai 89 to 91 sonata. It not a stroker its simply 2.4 litres. Standard is 2.0 litre in the dsms.
    I have all american parts in the engine..crower rods,wiseco pistons,crower valve springs,titanium retainers,manley valves,manely keepers,arp head studs and rod bolts,crower stage 3 cams.
    Car has fuel support mods..big 95 pound or so injectors, big fuel pump,big lines adjustable fuel pressure reg.Car has serious laptop tuning.Huge front mount intercooler,serious clutch of course.Custom sheet metal intake manifold set up for direct port but the 650 engine number is not counting direct port nitrous.
    To also handle this power level will require a serious tranny. Plan on getting that next year.
    The turbo is a Forced Performance 3065 ball bearing garrett.4 inch inlet.
    These same turbos have taken dsms into the 9s off nitrous.
    I am shooting for mid 11s in street trim..should be easy know several guys with same mods doing it..10s on race gas should be easy as pie.
    This is not talk.I am not a little ricer 16 year old. I am an 48 year old school v8 hotrodder who up till a few years ago lived and died v8 f bodies and muscle cars.
    But the turbo dsm are super fun with huge potential. Fairly easy to work on and some stuff is cheap for them some is not.
    I tried posting websites earlier maybe it will let me now.
    Here are some pics..

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

Hmm sorry can't get the graph bigger.
    See if this works....

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

Here are some pics of my twin turbo kit on a different car..my car is red and kit is not installed yet.

Now if you still don't believe me not much I can do..this is what a build 2.4 engine looks like...

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

The twin turbo ta did that number on pump gas and super rich conservative tune on near stock motor. My 99 will have gt7 lingenfelter cam,fast 90 intake and nw tb,
    patriot ls9 heads,6.0 iron block with forged crank,rods and pistons.Easily capable of over 1000rwhp with those turbos..search gmr speed or read up on the twin kit on ls1tech.

I don't BS Eric..too old for that !

04 srt4 and 99 firebird

You guys got some sweet setups! I am looking to get something with VNT, I do not know if this is possible but since I will be doing a lot of work I plan on being the first to use this type of turbo. I know I can get them made by garrett/honey well

Here is more info:
    http://www.honeywell.com/sites/ts/tt...s_VNTworks.htm

Yellow
    2005 GTO

We are looking at a dyno run for the LS1 right?? That is awesome. Hats off too you.
    I believe that.

But I will hold my congratulations on the 650 HP 4 banger until you dyno it.

Great job on those set ups.
    Who do you work for. Rockwell?

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

Eric that dyno is for an ls1 with gmr twin kit same as I am getting less mods than I will have.

Can't get the dyno I have on the talon turbo to blow up.Not great with this computer stuff.
    One shop got 620 whp..thats way over 650 engine no nitrous. Not sure if a 2.0 or a 2.4 like my motor.
    Most dyno around 550 or so whp which is basically 650 engine.Again no nitrous.
    I am an old guy..48 with a decent job..property owner /manager.
    I can' afford z06 c6s but can afford to play with my f bodies and dsm cars.

I have no idea what the four cylinder hp record is but betting its like 2000 hp per cylinder on things like formula cars or something.

The days of v8 supremacy are gone. New technology can make a 4 banger 2.0 put out 650 hp. It can also make a twin turbo v8 put out way over 1200 hp!
    No stock or near stock ls1 or lt1 will be a match for my 2.4 talon.Z06 weight and similar hp and torque numbers..the magic of turbos!

My new talon turbo..

04 srt4 and 99 firebird

Yes I know about little engines, with a turbo there was an engine built 1.3L and produced almost 1000hp but that is not the thread. I am wondering if anyone has used a VNT turbo or know of a kit?

Thread Information