hey guys i have a 95 z28 convertible with
    an lt1 engine .. but its an auto

would you ever go turbo
    on the auto. or would you suggest getting
    6speed then going turbo ?

thanks =]

green
    98 formula

I have an a-4 with turbo. It keeps the boost up through all gears unlike a m-6.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

you def want auto for turbo. esp if you plan on making over 600hp, you loose so much time + boost when you shift in the m6.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Shift no lift? Or would you guys still say go with an auto? I'm no track guy but seems to me you could keep the boost up using all three peddles together. Or just shifting fast without lifting off the gas.. I dunno.. I shift in this manner myself when racing on the street. But never been down a track in that way b4 tho. Some road course guys do this while racing to keep the boost up for comming off of corners. OR would you need a really good hook for that and still better off with the auto?
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-23-2010 at 04:50 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Shift no lift? Or would you guys still say go with an auto? I'm no track guy but seems to me you could keep the boost up using all three peddles together. Or just shifting fast without lifting off the gas.. I dunno.. I shift in this manner myself when racing on the street. But never been down a track in that way b4 tho. Some road course guys do this while racing to keep the boost up for comming off of corners. OR would you need a really good hook for that and still better off with the auto?
    you will have no boost without restriction. That is why people load a forced induction car at the line.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by joejenkinsglass View Post
    you will have no boost without restriction. That is why people load a forced induction car at the line.
    Not sure I get your first part there. A turbo is always restrictive to exhaust flow that's how they work. I thought you guys "loaded" @ the line to spool up to the edge of boost range for leaving the line(no lag)?. Or am i missing the message?
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-24-2010 at 12:39 AM.

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Not sure I get your first part there. A turbo is always restrictive to exhaust flow that's how they work. I thought you guys "loaded" @ the line to spool up to the edge of boost range for leaving the line(no lag)?. Or am i missing the message?
    Yes they do offer a little restriction, but not enough to create boost. I wish I could explain it better.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

You cannot shift fast enough to keeep the boost FULLY built, 9 times out of 10 your boost will hit 0 between shifts WITHOUT some type of electronic device to retard the timing off a clutch switch to create enough exhaust pressure (backfire between shifts) to keep the boost built between shifts. I tried and tried for yrs with a Stick shift at the tracks to keep the boost built. Its just complicated esp with a stick. SO much easier and faster with an automatic. Im currently going back to an auto myself just so I dont have the hassle. You will be surprised how much time you will pick up with an auto at the track. I loose nearly 1 full second with the Stick in the 1/8th than with an Automatic.

1999 WS6(sold) 2003 Cobra

buy a used supercharger

Thread Information