Results 1 to 17 of 17

is there a twin screw supercharger made or a 2001 camarols1?

This is a discussion on is there a twin screw supercharger made or a 2001 camarols1? within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; is there a supercharger out there for the ls1 f-body's??...

  1. #1
    Member 01SsRacing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Longwood
    Age
    27
    Posts
    256

    White
    2001 camaro SS

    is there a twin screw supercharger made or a 2001 camarols1?

    is there a supercharger out there for the ls1 f-body's??
    2001 Camaro SS, LM 1, BMR LCA, relocation brackets, BMR springs, adj panhard bar, smooth below, lid, sub-frame connectors weld on, strut brace
    2000 WS6, ls6 intake, sub-frame connectors, slp maf, slp cat delete with slp y-pipe, electric cutout, strut brace, smooth below, slp lid, bmr LCA and RLB

  2. #2
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    Supercharger - yes. Twin screw supercharger - not that I know of without severe modification to the cowl of the car. Being that the intake sits roughly halfway under the windshield, it is quite difficult to install a supercharger on top of the engine. It can be done though. I do recall hearing of a mini maggie supercharger as well. That being said, I would recommend checking into a pro-charger instead.

  3. #3
    Senior Member FasstChevys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,315

    White
    '10 ZR1

    Actually - yes, there is. I just saw one in a magazine - very recently.

    IIRC, it was in Car Craft.

  4. #4
    Member 01SsRacing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Longwood
    Age
    27
    Posts
    256

    White
    2001 camaro SS

    I know they make the prochargers but i dont like how those sound. the twinscrew sounds soo much better and turbos are a lot of money!

  5. #5
    Senior Member FasstChevys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,315

    White
    '10 ZR1

    Quote Originally Posted by 01SsRacing View Post
    I know they make the prochargers but i dont like how those sound. the twinscrew sounds soo much better and turbos are a lot of money!
    Yes, I'm talking about a twin screw.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Schmalgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, Ga
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,060

    04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

    Also, there is a Magnusson roots blower out there. Most folks call it a mini-maggie, dunno if you've seen that one? Not sure if they are still being made new or not. I believe there was a kit that required minor cowl cutting, and one that fit with no cutting.

  7. #7
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Also, there is a Magnusson roots blower out there. Most folks call it a mini-maggie, dunno if you've seen that one? Not sure if they are still being made new or not. I believe there was a kit that required minor cowl cutting, and one that fit with no cutting.
    i checked on them a while back and i think they discontinued them due to lack of sales

  8. #8
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Most people don't spend 10K+ on something because of how it sounds

  9. #9
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Most people don't spend 10K+ on something because of how it sounds
    agreed lol its all personal opinion though

  10. #10
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Most people don't spend 10K+ on something because of how it sounds
    I did. It was the car itself though.

  11. #11
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    I did. It was the car itself though.

  12. #12
    Member 01SsRacing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Longwood
    Age
    27
    Posts
    256

    White
    2001 camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Most people don't spend 10K+ on something because of how it sounds
    i know what you saying but ive just never liked prochargers.

  13. #13
    ;) Packy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Surf City, NC
    Posts
    2,503

    Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

    There is only one twin screw made for F-bodies out there. It is the Dragon Race Performance Whipple kit. They have pics of it on their website and make lots of claims but I have yet to see any conclusive results about it anywhere. Matter of fact one guy went to put it on his C6 Vette and it crapped out on him. There is a big post about it on the Corvette forums. As mentioned before the cowl hinders these cars severely in that KB and other companies never developed any kits for them. There are some Maggie kits out there and a few Harrop S/C but most of these kits were heavily modified with things make them work with an F-bodies accessory drive.

    Put it this way. If there was an easy way to go about it then there would be lotsa cars with these kits on them. Sad fact is there is not a very good way to do a KB or Whipple. I called DRE about their Whipple kit and most of them are made for Vette's. However, they offered me some insight on their kit but it seemed kind of shady so I stayed with a Procharger. You can't go wrong with something that is proven time and time again.

  14. #14
    Senior Member FasstChevys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,315

    White
    '10 ZR1

    Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    There is only one twin screw made for F-bodies out there. It is the Dragon Race Performance Whipple kit. They have pics of it on their website and make lots of claims but I have yet to see any conclusive results about it anywhere. Matter of fact one guy went to put it on his C6 Vette and it crapped out on him. There is a big post about it on the Corvette forums. As mentioned before the cowl hinders these cars severely in that KB and other companies never developed any kits for them. There are some Maggie kits out there and a few Harrop S/C but most of these kits were heavily modified with things make them work with an F-bodies accessory drive.

    Put it this way. If there was an easy way to go about it then there would be lotsa cars with these kits on them. Sad fact is there is not a very good way to do a KB or Whipple. I called DRE about their Whipple kit and most of them are made for Vette's. However, they offered me some insight on their kit but it seemed kind of shady so I stayed with a Procharger. You can't go wrong with something that is proven time and time again.

    Thank you - I wanted to say it was a Whipple, but did not want to speak out of turn before I knew for sure.

  15. #15
    ;) Packy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Surf City, NC
    Posts
    2,503

    Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

    I pm'ed ya the info OP.

  16. #16
    Senior Member bluehawk2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,492

    midnight blue
    2000 trans am

    Just remember, horsepower doesn't mean it is always going to sound good to you that is like people picking a cam because it sounds good. When in fact you need to pick the perfect set up that will give you the most gains.

  17. #17
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Harrop is a twin screw SC also (Pretty sure)

    It will cost about $5XXX + for a good setup
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

    Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

    Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. twin screw supercharger?
    By slpgto2004 in forum GTO
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 04:03 AM
  2. My new 3.3ltr Twin Screw Whipple Blower
    By Rattler in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 07:45 AM
  3. 2001 Audi S4 2.7 liter Twin Turbo Vs. WS6??
    By ILLTMPRD-WS6 in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 03:56 PM
  4. Twin Screw
    By everett in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-22-2006, 08:32 AM
  5. Twin turbo or supercharger???
    By waldo31031 in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-27-2005, 09:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •