Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP Conv.

Supercharger LS1

I am a newbie to ls1. I have a 2002 Camaro SS SLP Convertable. It has a LS1. I am interested in installing the magnuson supercharger kit with rear pulley setup for front mass air connection. It dosnt seem to show for my car. It shows for the GTO and the 02 Corvette Z06 which is an LS1. Is it the same model / motor? Will it fit?
    I am also looking for some input on the right combination Heads, Roller Cam, Roller Lifters and Roller Rockers parts with the supercharger with the most boost for the maximum hp HP with regular 93 Octane gas. Keeping the stock pistons and bottom end!

Lets hear it Thanks!

Black
    2000 SS

The front accessaries are different between those cars and the camaro so it may not work. and im sure the plumbing is different as well
    1967 Camaro - LS1 T56 project
    2003 Z06 - Procharged and LTs
    2001 Honda Civic EX - DD
    2005 Kawaski KFX400
    2000 Camaro SS m6 - 523rwhp 468rwtq - (Sold)

White
    1998 Trans Am

Our engine's sits back under the cowl / dashboard... There's no room for that style...

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP Conv.

frustrated!

Thanks guys! I really dont like procharger. But I know what you mean about the motor sitting back under the firewall. I will look into what my options are. Maybe with a little fabrication. I thought I read that it was just some cutting within the cowl hood would do it. IDK!! If you come up with anything, let me know

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by bills98ta View Post
    Our engine's sits back under the cowl / dashboard... There's no room for that style...
    need to get a centrifugal supercharger, not a roots type.

Black
    2000 SS

Why dont you like the procharger setups?

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP Conv.

I like the whole setup kit, injectors and all. Bolt on and program chip. Good to go. No cooling issues. Just prefer them I guess. IDK! Sell me on centrifugal.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

prochargers are very easy to install. ive never done one an LS1 but i put one on a 03 Mustang GT and it took about 5 hours from start to finish.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Countless people running the Procharger and no issues. Just keep the boost at around 8-9psi and make sure you have a damn good tune and you won't have any issues if you don't plan on forging the internals.

If you are worried about heat, you can run a front mount intercooler over the twin intercoolers and even run meth. There are always options on keeping down the IAT's.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

This is one of our members on here, who has the procharger set up check out his vids!!

http://ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150374

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP Conv.

I found that Dragon makes the M1000 that fits all F-bodies. Anybody got any experience with those. Thet are mainly used on the Corvette.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by MC02SSSLP View Post
    I found that Dragon makes the M1000 that fits all F-bodies. Anybody got any experience with those. Thet are mainly used on the Corvette.

LOL! Go ahead and look for some results on that set-up. You will find that there is slim to none real world experience with it. I called the company to ask them about it but they were not very user friendly. Hence the reason why no one will drop the cash on it. Then the F-Body with it installed on their website has no video or real time data/proof anywhere to evaluate it on your own. I highly doubt you can buy it and get it to work correctly for an F-body. If it were as easy as they say and produced some great results then lots more would have done it. Until then I will stay with my Procharger.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

My buddy has this setup and it runs great. Very little fab work needed. Think he is making 600rwhp with not alot of boost. Rode in it and it was INSANE!!!

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP Conv.

Thank you! Finally! It looks like the Magna Charger. Is it? Can you give me specifics on your setup? I also found the Dragon Whipple 3.3 and the Eaton 112 Magnuson which comes with all accesories. What is your take on these also. Why did you choose?

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

My take on it is that while all of the PD blower guys are sitting at the line spinning tires, the Procharged and turbo charged cars will be getting down the road... and those aren't setups that you can just chase down once they are out.

Red
    1998 Firebird

Go procharger man! Most widely used SC on FBodies and it produces great results and the sound is orgasmic! Why wouldnt you want it? I cant wait to get mine later this year

Silver
    02 WS6

BlackSS01 posted photos of my car. The setup is a Harrop supercharger. I put a link of my car making a dyno run at Late Model Speed. Just so you know my experience with Late Model Speed was awful. They have since been run out of business. The car was running 581rwhp/603rwtq on 9lb of boost. I have turned down the boost to 7lb and she is running 513rwhp at 5500rpm and 550rwtq at 3000rpm. I also put the link that made me go with root style blower. You can’t hear mine until around 3500rpm. The Prochargers make a lot of noise at idle in my opinion. I couldn’t be happier with the setup.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dtiffany...18/7cyrWJ5B6Oc

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

Prochargers are nasty man I was the same way you were until I did a little research and now I have completely changed my mind and want a procharger bad

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 1-silver-bata View Post
    BlackSS01 posted photos of my car. The setup is a Harrop supercharger. I put a link of my car making a dyno run at Late Model Speed. Just so you know my experience with Late Model Speed was awful. They have since been run out of business. The car was running 581rwhp/603rwtq on 9lb of boost. I have turned down the boost to 7lb and she is running 513rwhp at 5500rpm and 550rwtq at 3000rpm. I also put the link that made me go with root style blower. You can’t hear mine until around 3500rpm. The Prochargers make a lot of noise at idle in my opinion. I couldn’t be happier with the setup.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dtiffany...18/7cyrWJ5B6Oc
    Nice to see you joined the board
    Your car runs nuts! I want a Maggie, love the whine

Black
    2000 SS

There is a reason most go Procharger....

With that being said, I love the TQ of the roots sytle blowers but the top end of a procharged car is hard to beat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information