Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

sts remote turbo kit?

This is a discussion on sts remote turbo kit? within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; ya I think it will be eisier if i just spray. I will keep everyone posted, Thanks for the info ...

red
    00 camaro ss

ya I think it will be eisier if i just spray. I will keep everyone posted, Thanks for the info ..

pewtr
    2002 Trans am WS-6

i have a sts turbo on my 2002 ws6 and i have had the oil problem twice so ar but went away, it is a problem
    and im in florida and when we get our rain season i cant drive my car alot, i have a shield on mine and still get water coming in and in spits and sputters,

if sum1 hasnt had the problem then they are the lucky ones, but i do like sts , great power, and the sound on the turbo is like a jet goin down the road, only flaw i dont like is the air filter location and i only have 1 exhaust pipe , besides that i love it

FastPontiac
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I'll be damned....where are folks having the oil issue? I called Rick (STS Owner) after I read this and it's the first he has heard of this also. Now I am aware of some folks who wired their oil pumps up wrong...but that was an easy fix....and as far as water in the intake....Once again...show me one...I have yet to see one have any water issues....that is more a perception than reality..and I'm around a lot of em....
    I have had my STS system for 9 months and 7400 miles without any water issues. I have driven in snow storms and in heavy downpours. I had the shield on, but not the sock they give you to put around it and it is fine.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

A lot of the oil issues can come from the checkvalve that STS has on the oil line to the turbo. If anything....gets caught in it it will hang the valve open and cause the oil to drain into the turbo and then you have a mess......would like to see a better valve on there but hey....they are fun when they are working right.....

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I dont doubt you...I run/ride and "play" with quite a few of the STS guys and Allen Nelson is a personal friend of mine...of course he is the tuner for STS....so when I read this I'm like WTF? I am aware of some oil issues however they have all been traced to installation issues....I have not heard of a single mechanical failure causing oil leakage issues....and Rick maybe like me is thinking your talking about some of the install issues....I dunno...
    I talked to Rick today about the checkvalve that feeds the oil to the turbo.....he said that they have upgraded that so hopefully that will help with the problem with it hanging open so easily...........

Yellow w/ flames
    2004 GTO

I have not had any oil issues either, the car is very well behaved on he highway. The only problem I had was a little hole in the piston from being too lean

Yellow
    2005 GTO

I'm seeing under hood single and twin kits for $5,000 now. Don't do STS for the same price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information