sts, procharger or what?? stock ls1

so I finally bought my #2 dream car for myself (#1 bb cuda) a 2001 trans am vert...I was looking at coupe until my son saw a vert and thought it was an amazing transformer cuz the roof cam down on its own....what life is like at 5 yrs old...haha....anyway back in college when I had my 85 iroc I remember the tv show (cant remember which one) where they boosted an ls1 with a sts turbo and made awesome power....well that was the reason why I wanted an ls1 f body....15 yrs later here I am chasing the dream...but now a little older and I am hoping a little wiser and I am looking for some info on which way to go for boost....I like the procharger kit and also always wanted to do the sts rear mount but have read a ton of bad reviews on them....anyone have any suggestions on which kit to go??? money doesn't grow on trees in my neck of the woods but want to do it right because I plan on giving this car to one of my boys and it never leaving the family....I have read a ton about brute speed and plan on giving them a call too once the car goes to bed for the winter....I also have a flashscan v2 so I am also looking to get some ideas for a good tuner, I only have experience with black bear for trucks but have read good things about frost.....any and all input is appreciated....and if there are any good used kits out there let me know.....thanks....also car is all stock except for a flowmaster y-pipe back and a 6 inch hurst ....so I am assuing injectors and a pump would be a good upgrade too, will do ory and a quieter exhaust if it will help....not a fan of loud exhaust....I like quieter since I am usually out cruising with my kids.

Thanks
    cheers

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

There is literally a shit ton of undercar plumbing with a rear mount turbo setup. FWIW, I do not think you can beat the packaging and performance of a Procharger setup.

Congrats on the dream car!

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

+1 on a Procharger
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

I would have to agree. I don't know much about FI for these cars, but it seems to me that superchargers (i.e. Procharger in particular) have already been sorted out and you should be able to get one installed and tuned fairly easily (compared to turbo, anyway...)
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

thanks guys...I was briefly pondering a magnacharger for the broad power but after realizing all the clearance issues I think I am decided on a procharger to make my 500 rwhp that I am after
    thanks everyone

Thread Information