Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Rear diff and tranny help

This is a discussion on Rear diff and tranny help within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Here are the threads: Trans build -- http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/perform...d-pics-153471/ Removal and installation -- http://www.ls1.com/forums/f64/transm...rt-1-a-156272/...

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Here are the threads:

Trans build -- PerformaBuilt Level II - Pro Race (Build Pics)

Removal and installation -- Transmission Removal - Part 1

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 200z28ss View Post
    Moser M9 with trac loc, 31 spline, 3.73, black powder coat, PST 3.5" driveshaft, timkin bearings, tie down brackets(do I need those?) chromoly lca,& panhard rod(do I need new lca's?) 4 channel abs/tcs with exciter rings= $4,229.99 (torque arm included)
    If you are going to be pushing 800rwhp then you should probably get the WaveTrac.

If you are staying around 500-550, I'd say the TrueTrac.

I personally don't think you need "chromoly" anything...just my .02.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

Does the price on the tranny vary? Or is there a set price? I should probably contact them directly.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

So don't do the chromoly? Just buy regular control arms and panhard bar?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Does the price on the tranny vary? Or is there a set price? I should probably contact them directly.
    I think they have package prices for each level of transmission. Other nice thing is that they do not require a core. You can keep you existing transmission, sell it, or do whatever.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

That tranny will work perfectly for what I want!! Thanks for the tip man, I really appreciate it.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I think they have package prices for each level of transmission. Other nice thing is that they do not require a core. You can keep you existing transmission, sell it, or do whatever.
    The place I used required a core unfortunately, but I wrote the serial # down and specifically requested to get my exact transmission back that was being rebuilt because it only had 12K miles on it at the time and I'm sure the other rebuilt transmissions had much more on them.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

I decd I'm going to lower my expectations to 575-620 whp and bite the bullet and get the M9 for $4,469. That's a grand cheaper then the other, then the tranny is almost $3,000 cheaper then the other. So now I can afford the rer end maybe I'll get my shocks/springs if I have enough. Then next summer I'll finish it off. I appreciate all the help. I'll definitely keep everyone updated when the build progresses.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Don't forget to include pics of the process!

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

I won't! I'll upload pictures of my car now later today so you can all see what I'm working with. Should I go with a fast 90 intake? Or will an ls6 do fine?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Stick with the LS6.

'98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

Anyone have suggestions for my tranny options and my gearing ? 3.73 instead of 4.11?
    Actually, I'm running 3.73 with a 6spd Bird and it seems to be just right for the get away with 480rwhp D1SC Supercharger. Can you say street legal CARB approved..... Can't really imagine needing anything more on the street for a daily driver. It's got so much torque down low that it your not careful your just spinning the tires anyways.
    The other day I was squeezing the gas just to have some quick get away fun and pass some guy in a HEMI Charger and lit up the tires about 50mph without even putting it past half way on the gas. I spin the tires for about 50ft and shot past the guy like he was standing still. It was fun !!! When you get to this HP it's all about traction. I have tracklinc bars... etc... etc... etc... and with drag radials it still burn up tires at street pressures. Put your tires to 14psi and it's a different story. But, then you risk wrecking in the turns. You have to know what your combinations are. For an auto I wouldn't go anything lower than 3.42's that come stock in the 6spd. Otherwise you won't be able to get any traction on the street and you lose the mid range drive. Just my imo. FI gearing doesn't have to be so low because you have the grunt to push the gear.

Enjoy your build.... Mine is done for my street Bird.... I'm focusing on getting a LS7 Vette and SCing it now. It's all about little steps to perfection.
    I also own a '03 Anniversary Vette that I will not touch. It is the perfect daily / weekend driver abosolutely fantastic car. Right power, right handling, right ride for a go fast fun with the girl friend or wife. You really don't need anything more on the street.

Sorry, just had to show off the LS1 Vette.... My Dream Car...
    Last edited by Mecinoid; 01-10-2012 at 01:00 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information