Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 WS6

Piggyback on STS Turbo

I'm currently running LT's, can I keep using them with the STS turbo system? I also have a cam with an LS1 edit. Do I need to purchase tuning from STS or can I tune everything with the LS1 edit? I hate that the turbo system from STS only will have one pipe sticking out the rear, can anything be done about that? The TA just wouldn't look right with one.

Lastly, I put down 390 rwhp on the stock bottom end, M6 with McCloid kevlar clutch and stock rear with 3.42's. When I put the turbo on there, what is going to break? What boost level should I go with to get the most increase without anything breaking (within reason).

The car is for fun, not a daily driver. Just something that comes out on the weekends and annoys those other "fast" cars. Thanks for the help.

whs
    I remember seeing a V6 car that had a dummy tip welded to a bracket attached to the muffler. It didn't look too bad. Is there enough room to add a Y-pipe and put dual outlets off the turbo? What about venting your wastegate through one set of tips and the exhaust out the other?

Does yours have an airfilter shield, could you fab up a bracket and hang a dummy tip off of it?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 WS6

I don't have the kit yet, but that sounds like a good idea

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I have a ws6 with the slp single side out kit and it looks fine just coming out one side. My buddy also has a turboed ws6 and his only comes out the passenger side and looks good as well. As for the tune you can do everything you need to do with ls1 edit.

With the Lt's I have heard some people say that there is no difference with the STS kit and it should work fine. On the tuning subject honestly I would go with the Nelson tuning. They can make compensations for the mods. present and their special tuning for the sts.

With the single pipe out the back, I thought the same too since I previously had a Borla syst. on my Z28 and going from dual/quad tips to a single. Once it's its installed it looks alright but you can have tips welded on to the existing pipe.

I run an 02 Z28 LS6 w/an M6, Dual Centerforce clutch& flywheel as a daily driver w/3.42's and have yet to break anything. I run it pretty good on the weekends. With a dual stage boost controller I switch from 5 psi. to 8psi. (only on 8 when I have a good challenge) but I would say no more than 8 on a stock bottom end.

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

Here are some pics of a STS SS w/ center mount

white
    00 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post

and stock rear with 3.42's. When I put the turbo on there, what is going to break?
    Every car's different, but with an M6, expect this to go first.

Red
    98 Trans Am

I like that setup in the Pics, good s#%t
    Any under car clearance issues? im looking into STS for my 98TA and from the looks of it, i just might do it.
    I stick to the street legal side of things so nothing too crazy if i can get
    400hp ill be happy. I just want to pep this up a bit. I know with a stock rear end you gotta keep you numbers low or your foot light (never happens).

Clearance is a little bit of an issue on the front charge pipe but I (myself) haven't had any other problems with the rest of the system.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Is it true that the driver side SFC can't be used with the STS setup on or are there other SFC that can be used. Also, Hows the Sound? I loved my car with a flowmaster, will it be louder? Although a blowoff hiss wouldnt be too bad either, im just trying to find out as much as i can about this thing as possible.

I think that the exhaust sound is great and it still has that throaghty V8 sound accompanied with the spooling sound upon acceleration. I think the the tial blow off valves a unique in their sound vs. other import BOV's like turbonetics and greddy. Tial sounds like a large whoosh of air vs. the high pitch metallic sound others emit. I'm not too sure about the SFC and if their is a brand out there that will work with this system. You may have to fab. your own SFC's.

Red
    98 Trans Am

thats what i keep hearing. I dont think the SFC will be too much of a concern for me. Im not auto X with it yet so im not twisting stuff too much yet. Im seeing what i can get out of a few simple modes.

Thread Information