Thread: new car

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

new car

i just got my new ride, 1999 z28 m6. it has ported 853 heads, thunder racing cam, arp bolts, diamond pistons, ls6 intake, wires, pacesetters and a sts rear turbo with intercooler with stock ls6 injectors but ive got a a-1000 fuel pump, guy said it made 500 rwhp and tq on 4 pounds. im wondering what you guys think it might make after i get injectors and turn the boost up?

thanks in advance for your input

Silver
    2000 z28

im sure itll handle more boost but not sure how much my buddy has 22 on his evo but im sure thats waayyyy to much for a v8 ive seen around 8psi on ls motors with superchargers

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by 00ls-1 View Post
    im sure itll handle more boost but not sure how much my buddy has 22 on his evo but im sure thats waayyyy to much for a v8 ive seen around 8psi on ls motors with superchargers
    yea all the ones youve prolly seen on 8 pounds werent forged. forged ls1's could handle 22 if everything is set up right, hey your in kilgore thats not too far from me

Silver
    2000 z28

just a lil trip down 135

Silver
    2000 z28

might needa hook up next time i go to the track my bro has a mustang gt and my buddy has an evo we could all go matter of fact planning on goin in the next couple weeks....wel prolly go to the new 1/4 mile in crandall though unless i can talk them into goin to rusk or sumn but crandall is a nice track

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

might needa hook up next time i go to the track my bro has a mustang gt and my buddy has an evo we could all go matter of fact planning on goin in the next couple weeks....wel prolly go to the new 1/4 mile in crandall though unless i can talk them into goin to rusk or sumn but crandall is a nice track
    rusk is closed for good i wish it was open because its only 15 min from me... crandall is a great track but its over an hour from me.

Silver
    2000 z28

i didnt know it was closed that sux... its over an hour for me to go to crandall too my bro lives in athens so not too bad for him. theres an fm road by moms house weve been runnin down its got almost 1 mile of straight road been doin it for years and dps stopped by on the 4th n told us to quit or hed watch us do it n arrest us. is there anywhere else?...theres 1/8 mile in seven points but i dont think its ever been scraped or burned nobody could hook up when we went

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

i didnt know it was closed that sux... its over an hour for me to go to crandall too my bro lives in athens so not too bad for him. theres an fm road by moms house weve been runnin down its got almost 1 mile of straight road been doin it for years and dps stopped by on the 4th n told us to quit or hed watch us do it n arrest us. is there anywhere else?...theres 1/8 mile in seven points but i dont think its ever been scraped or burned nobody could hook up when we went
    lufkin is the only other place man and its far too lol. we need to get together tho, my moms got my old h/c ws6 and my dads got a h/c c5 vette and ive got my car and my buddies got a bolt on ws6...

Silver
    2000 z28

lol way too far. maybe meet in tyler and mess w sum rice lol

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

well, my first piece of advice would be to ditch the longtube headers, get that spool time up a little, then wrap ALL of your exhaust pieces and put a wideband in the tail pipe after the turbo so you can see real AFR readings.

Next, Diamond pistons, so they are forged, did he tell you what the compression on the motor is??

can you find out??

this will determine what can be done. Also, whats the specs on that cam??

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

you have p.o.s heads on your car by the way...buying better ones should be top priority. with the previous owner's decision to run 853s..who knows were else he skimped ..just saying

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by JAX04 View Post
    well, my first piece of advice would be to ditch the longtube headers, get that spool time up a little, then wrap ALL of your exhaust pieces and put a wideband in the tail pipe after the turbo so you can see real AFR readings.

Next, Diamond pistons, so they are forged, did he tell you what the compression on the motor is??

can you find out??

this will determine what can be done. Also, whats the specs on that cam??
    This. You need to know what compression you are running to know how much boost you can safely run. You don't want a lot of boost if your compression is already high.

Also, I highly doubt is made 500rwhp on 4psi. I could be wrong though.

What supporting mods does the car have to handle this said horsepower? Trans? Rear? Suspension?

Thread Information