Red
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Cool Need Advice on Turbo kits

I am looking for a top mount turbo Kit. I know the STS is a nice turbo but I don't like the location and that it takes away one of my exhaust tips. I was looking into a kit my turbonetics, it includes:
    LS1 60-1 Street Kit ( First introduced in 2000 )

Stainless Manifold, Tig Welded, Argon Purged, All flanges are cnc cut for flatness and accuracy / 2.5” Under Motor Crossover ( Aluminized ) with wastegate mount and V band flanged connection / 2.5 mandrel bent discharge pipe / 3.00” exhaust from down pipe to converter / Turbonetics 60-1 turbo charger / Turbonetics Evolution stainless wastegate / Spearco front mount intercooler with cast aluminum tanks. / Aluminized mandrel bent compressor ducting / Silicone hose connections with HD stainless hose clamps. / HKS or TTI by-pass valve / Gravity flow oil drain with cnc cut flange / Large K&N Filter / Billet valve cover vent system / All hardware, fittings, gaskets included

Ls1 street kit will support more power than the stock engine can handle reliably. The system with the new upgrades will support 400 rwhp at just 7 psi. If you have a forged bottom end and LS1 edit tuning turn up the boost to 10 psi and you will see over 450 rwhp. Want more look into the T76 upgrade, with the larger manifold, turbo, and down pipe you could see 600 rwhp. Still need more go with the T76 race system we are now over 900 rwhp with this system but you will loose the a/c to make room for the larger turbo.

Fuel pump & injectors available. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

white
    00 WS6 Trans Am

All the turbo kits are pretty much the same as far as most of the big things go. What you need to ask yourself is how much you want to spend? I mean, I'm well over 10,000 in my setup and still want more. a T-76 on a stock engine is a bit much. I wouldn't go bigger than a T-70 unless you were going to build the engine, and then definetly upgrade. also, since your in LA, do you have to meet emmissions out there or can you get around it?

black

""Ls1 street kit will support more power than the stock engine can handle reliably. The system with the new upgrades will support 400 rwhp at just 7 psi.""

well, i understand that you dont like the sts kits but they work...very well. 7psi with an sts kit will make around 440rwhp in my opinion it obviously an awesome start. easy install, lower temps, lost of motor bay room, and awesome street manners. i really want to sell my 98 vette and get another ws6 trans am, and i promise that the sts kit will ordered right away. turbocharging an ls1 makes alot of power, enough to take out pesky 03 cobras and honda hatches that put down serious numbers. if i were you i would do some more reseach on the kit and maybe you will grow to it like i have done. just get on streetfire.net and search for sts turbo and you will find your jaw stuck on your lap when you hear that turbo spool! just an idea?

white
    00 WS6 Trans Am

I had an STS kit before my kit now. Didn't like it. They are easily spotted underneath the back of most f-bodies. They aren't for everyone.

black

yes, they can be spotted in the back of the car but if you didnt have an sts kit and a custom front mount kit wouldnt the BOV give it away...i think that would 'spot' the turbo as well. i agree tho, that the kit is not for everyone, but on my side i really like the kit

white
    00 WS6 Trans Am

on my other kit I had a huge front mount intercooler installed so I didn't really care. This one, I have TWIN TURBO on some charcoal metallic blackbird stripes so again I'm not trying to hide it, mine spools signifigantly louder than the STS though. By the time they hear a BOV pop, it's way to late anyways.
    http://media.putfile.com/twin-turbo-startup This is with no exhaust, but I have an electric cutout also and it sounds the same when I open the cutout.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

i dont like that manifold desighn, it doesnt seem too though out... just my opinion, by the exghasut gas is hittin a wall as soon as it some out...

white
    00 WS6 Trans Am

which manifold design?

Yellow
    2005 GTO

Have you looked at O.F.I or Gen TT. $5000 underhood kits.

pyro71985
    Quote Originally Posted by ericwilloughby View Post
    Have you looked at O.F.I or Gen TT. $5000 underhood kits.
    are you trolling or something??? you keep posting the same thing in EVERYONES thread? We can read it the first time....

Yellow
    2005 GTO

I figured if he had seen the other kits he would mention it. Sorry. You tell me, what are some other good kits out there?

Thread Information