Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

My car is DONE! :)

Well, I got a call from Garth at Leadig Edge Performance today and he told me my car is done. All I have to say is WOW! The install is second to none. I was at the shop with them almost every night and watched them work. Unbelievable. It is a show car quality install. Garth looked at the stock STS kit and got rid of all the things he didn't like. He fabricated some of the pipes in house and replaced all the nasty worm clamps that come with the kit. His lead tech Lewis is one of the most anal guys I've ever met and refuses to settle for anything. If he can't do it right, he won't do it. An absolutely AWESOME shop.
    The best part is how much power they made!!!!!!!! Not only is the install beautiful but Garth and the gang at Leading Edge know how to make power! The car is bone stock except a 67 upgrade and an intercooler. At 3:45:23 today, the hottest part of the day, with a dyno room temp of 96.16 degrees and no dyno parlor tricks like pulling the air filter or icing down the intercooler he made 538.18 horse power at the wheels with 571.83 foot pounds of torque!!! This is on a concervative tune so the car can be driven daily. By adding some timing and running better gas he thinks he can get another 30 horse power out of it and who knows how much on a cool day/night.
    The short of it is Leading Edge knows their shit and do GREAT work! The car is unbelievable and drivable. Needless to say, I'm happy. I still can't believe the power Garth made. It should run pretty good for a full interiored, AC, CD, power everything daily driver that is FAR from a race car. Can you tell I'm happy? LOL

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Congrats, now post that dyno sheet.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

I'm gonna scan it tomorrow at work and then it will be up.

Burgandy
    2002 Z28

Thumbs up wow

Nice. Very nice.

Can I ask how much boost your running, what upgrades were needed to run that much power, and where is this shop?
    2002 A4 Z28: SLP LM exhaust and HSW 100whp dry shot.

NA: 323.4WHP@5360 RPMs, 344.2ft-lbs@4610 RPMs,
    N2O: 417.0WHP@5200 RPMs, 467.6ft-lbs@4210RPMs

NA: 13.351@107.48mph, N2O: 12.324@117.88

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMHmdFywR0w

Red
    2000 Z28

That's killer. hope you don't have the stock rear end!

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Nice numbers. I bet that is night and day difference from stock.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

Man, the car is insane! I do have a stock rear and clutch and I'm sure one if not both will die in the near future. I don't plan on drag racing the car until I get them both replaced so I'm hoping they last a little while. I'll keep you all posted on how everything goes and any issues I encounter. So far so good and I love the thing. Also, I need to re-scan the dyno sheet. I got it scanned but it's all screwing. I'll post it anyway but I want to get a better copy.

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

I can't wait until I come down for sema, to go for that ride. You will have to let me drive it once. I promise I won't break it!

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

You know you can drive it any time you want. Get this, I just got back from McDonalds drive through...because you need 540hp to get a Big Mac...and I can't stop the Mickey Thompsons from spinning. The car is nuts! Sideways at 60 on drag radials...I would have never guessed. I need to learn how to drive all over again. LOL

Burgandy
    2002 Z28

Are you running more than 5 pounds of boost??

I was wondering what the GT-67 hp gains are over the stock turbo.

oh... and does the spool up sound cool?!

White
    2000 Trans Am

Congrats. Sounds like you got a bad ass car on your hands. Mine is a weekend warrior so still haven't learned how to hook mine on the m.t.
    Nah he is running more than 5 p.s.i. on a stock motor. I made 400 rwhp and 465 rwtq on 5 p.s.i. threw a 9". I figured he is probably boosting it at about 8#. But, that is damn good for 8#, your tuner knows his shit. You have any kinda bolt on's?

Jimmy

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

The car is set at 10 #s. No bolts ons at all. It's basically stock other than the cam the shop put in. The guy who put it on is a genius! He came up with the cam specs and had it ground. It made a huge difference. The thing is making 538 rwhp now but that was on a 100+ degree day at 2300 feet. Once it cools down he thinks it will be closer to 600...maybe 580's. It looks like the clutch and rearend are needing replaced. LOL I should have guessed. I was really expecting somwhere near 470-480 but he got 538 on a VERY concervative tune. It's a daily driver..still has AC and all the goodies. If you need any info call Garth at Leading Edge Performance in Vegas...702-375-4999. The guy is awesome and will hook you up if you have any questions.

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

You can't even imagine how amped up I am to go for a spin. Four months and counting! I think I usually talk about it atleast twice a day. It will be a hand full. The 69 chevelle I built was putting down 500 rwhp. But with the automatic, it was a little easier on the street. Do you think they would be willing to set me up with a new master cyl for my clutch and do the drill mod. Or do they specialize on engines only. Is that blue corvette in your neighborhood first on the kill list? Time for the twin disc.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

I know, I can't wait until you guys get here! We're gonna have a BLAST! I'm sure Garth and the gang can hook you up. They do everything there as long as it's nice. They refuse to work on junk. LOL I love it. Give him a call if you want...Garth Weaver at Leading Edge Performance 702-375-4999. They're great! But I guess you have already figured that out from my previous posts. LOL

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

what day is the SEMA show? I've always wanted to go to that. could be a fun cruise for me and my brother.

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

Great. I think I'll try to give him a call next week. They have to be good to have left that good of an impression on you. I will defenatly be doing some business with them.
    Sema is Tuesday Oct30-Thurs Nov1. But you have to work for an auto related company and they have more requirements for first timers like me.

White
    2000 Trans Am

A cam and 10#'s should be over 600 hp on a nice day. I would think the heat there is killing your car bad! I've been to vegas acouple times and it gets hot. But, still don't think it is anything like down here 96-98 degree with 70% or so humidity. HAHA Alabama ROCKS!!!!

Jimmy

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

my friend's dad owns Motech. They make fuel injection stuff, maybe he can get me in.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

If you can make it, let me know. You can crash at my place. I have three friends coming in from Alaska so it should be a pretty good time. I'm going to take off from work so we can goof off the entire time. It should be a blast.

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

I'm still trying to decide if I should come down Friday night, or Saturday morning. I guess it would be afternoon. Five hour flight from Alaska. I'm going to bring my younger brother. Kind of a birthday trip for him. I can't wait to get him in your car to go for a ride. He's never been in anything with that much horsepower. I'm also going to shoot Jason an email as we get closer, he was going to go to sema also and wanted to get together while we were all there.
    Blue, they should be able to get you in. I have to bring an insurance card, business card, and a copy of our business license just to get in, all to show I really work there. I preregistered at semashow.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information