Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Magna charger for F body!!

This is a discussion on Magna charger for F body!! within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by squee Honestly, I'm no idiot. Yes I AM infact referring to the '91 GMC Syclone sitting in ...

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    Honestly, I'm no idiot. Yes I AM infact referring to the '91 GMC Syclone sitting in my driveway.
    Sorry I wasn't implying that at all. It's just the way your sentence read had me a little confused as to what exactly you were referring to.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Sorry I wasn't implying that at all. It's just the way your sentence read had me a little confused as to what exactly you were referring to.
    Its cool. I see where your coming from though. Most people don't even know what those trucks are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrous View Post
    I've got an MP112 case with less than 1800 miles on it. I believe it will fit in place of the MP122 but the upper inner cooler tub cover might have a different bolt pattern. I'll call David at Magnuson and find out. The only problem is it's a regular MP112 not a HH. BTW, the MP112 goes with the complete package also for 6200.00
    Whats the difference between it and the HH?

Its cool. I see where your coming from though. Most people don't even know what those trucks are.
    Ya I drove mine everyday and had so many people think I put some kind of body kit on a Jimmy
    I thought all the TYPHOON stickers gave it away
    Guess they looked too similar to those stupid extreme S10's that came out later on.

White
    97 GMC with 02 LS6 engine

Whats the difference between it and the HH?[/QUOTE]

The mp112 has a 60 degree twist on the rotors and the mp112hh and mp122hh's have a 70 degree twist with different discharge porting which will run cooler and more efficient at higher rpm. The mp122HH provides improved flow that reduces pressure variations, for a smoother discharge of air and less noise over the mp112 during operation.

MP112HH = 1.8L displacement, new housing, new high helix rotors

MP122HH = 2.0L displacement, new housing, new high helix rotors

MP112 = 1.8L displacement, existing housing, current 60deg tri lobe rotors

The TVS is a 4 lobe HH screw that outperforms both of these if you can afford it.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

Kind of off subject,but I ran into the Typhoon in the early 90's.Driving my 1986 Trans Am I thought I was untouchable.Pulled up behind one driving on the outer edge of Glacier Park (long curving streaches) I started to pass and the window came down 3 inches - a hand came out and waved by-by and I never caught up again.Quite humbling!!

Quote Originally Posted by mghawk57 View Post
    Kind of off subject,but I ran into the Typhoon in the early 90's.Driving my 1986 Trans Am I thought I was untouchable.Pulled up behind one driving on the outer edge of Glacier Park (long curving streaches) I started to pass and the window came down 3 inches - a hand came out and waved by-by and I never caught up again.Quite humbling!!
    Hehehe,,,,from a dig is where they shine. All wheel drive and 0-60 in just under 5 seconds. My Typhoon which is typically heavier than the Syclone only had a catback exhaust and it ran 13.50's but at only 99 mph. It would 60 foot in the 1.7's though Man I miss that little jimmy. It would murder vettes of the time at stop lights,,,take them the better part of 80 mph to catch back up and by then it was already over

They were fetching good money just a couple years ago. I was offered 16K for mine and I let it go. Only had 30,000 miles on it

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Hehehe,,,,from a dig is where they shine. All wheel drive and 0-60 in just under 5 seconds. My Typhoon which is typically heavier than the Syclone only had a catback exhaust and it ran 13.50's but at only 99 mph. It would 60 foot in the 1.7's though Man I miss that little jimmy. It would murder vettes of the time at stop lights,,,take them the better part of 80 mph to catch back up and by then it was already over

They were fetching good money just a couple years ago. I was offered 16K for mine and I let it go. Only had 30,000 miles on it
    Yea, my dads only has something like 18k miles. To bad he wants to sell it. I think the only time he ever took it to the track it ran a 12.9 with a miss in it. I think it cut something like a 1.54 60ft. A torque converter REALLY helps those trucks.

Yea, my dads only has something like 18k miles. To bad he wants to sell it. I think the only time he ever took it to the track it ran a 12.9 with a miss in it. I think it cut something like a 1.54 60ft. A torque converter REALLY helps those trucks.
    Yep it was hard for me to spool the turbo on the stock converter, took some doing. I would have loved to do alot of other things to the Ty but a catback is all I got around to.
    I don't even know what kind of money they are fetching now. I wasn't even advertising when someone saw it and made me what I thought was a silly offer so I let it go. It was a cream puff with perfect paint/interior. From what I was told it ran better than most Ty's were supposed to. But with low miles and as tight as it was it's hard to compare to others. They were hard to find in that condition 2 years ago,,,I can imagine that it's even harder now so your father should be able to get a good sum for it if he's willing to wait and the right person comes along that knows what they are looking at.
    Shucks if it was a Typhoon I'd be over there looking at it for sure. I just can't do the Syclones,,,I can't get the family in it,,haha.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information