Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Magna charger for F body!!

This is a discussion on Magna charger for F body!! within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Thats pretty cool. Sorry to hear about the mishap though. You are right about the plumbing. It can be a ...

Thats pretty cool. Sorry to hear about the mishap though.

You are right about the plumbing. It can be a nightmare and detract from the engine bay as well. Thats something I do like about the magnacharger. Nice compact package that looks great.
    I remember the big craze of roots style blowers sticking out of the hood and the prostreet theme. The Magnacharger resembles that to me in a milder fasion, sneaky you could say.

silver
    1969 Mailbu

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Thats pretty cool. Sorry to hear about the mishap though.

You are right about the plumbing. It can be a nightmare and detract from the engine bay as well. Thats something I do like about the magnacharger. Nice compact package that looks great.
    I remember the big craze of roots style blowers sticking out of the hood and the prostreet theme. The Magnacharger resembles that to me in a milder fasion, sneaky you could say.
    I know I am dating myself but I still have a roots blower I had on a big block ford that I put backin a box on the shelf, maybe nostalgia will get to me at some time. Before the Nova was totaled used to drive it ocassionally on the street full flat hood and all, very sneaky but driving a 10 sec car on the street is kinda nuts. Keep the wrenches turning!!!!!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by henrysangret View Post
    very sneaky but driving a 10 sec car on the street is kinda nuts.
    Guess I'm nuts then since car cars gonna be my daily driver after I finish the 383. I'm glad I found this thread though. I desided I'm gonna get the MTI Racing maggie kit and sell my STS.

silver
    1969 Mailbu

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    Guess I'm nuts then since car cars gonna be my daily driver after I finish the 383. I'm glad I found this thread though. I desided I'm gonna get the MTI Racing maggie kit and sell my STS.
    go on ebay and type magnuson supercharger there is aguy selling new product for alittle over $5000

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by henrysangret View Post
    go on ebay and type magnuson supercharger there is aguy selling new product for alittle over $5000
    Unfortunately thats for the GTO. Since I have a F-body, I'm gonna have to get either the LM Performance kit or the MTI Racing kit that adapts the Vette kit to work.

silver
    1969 Mailbu

Unfortunately thats for the GTO. Since I have a F-body, I'm gonna have to get either the LM Performance kit or the MTI Racing kit that adapts the Vette kit to work.
    send him a note asking for one that would fit, nothing wasted! He was very easy and helpful to work with,

Henry

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

question for anyone that can help me.... someday i will get the supercharger.. just want to build the car first... can someone point me in the right direction i want to buid it over time not everything at once... any suggestions on brand name parts to get?? thanks for any help..

99z28 m6

gold
    2000 honder accord

Quote Originally Posted by mk99z28 View Post
    question for anyone that can help me.... someday i will get the supercharger.. just want to build the car first... can someone point me in the right direction i want to buid it over time not everything at once... any suggestions on brand name parts to get?? thanks for any help..

99z28 m6
    need goals for your car....

what et to you want to run in the 1/4?

what rwhp are you looking for?

will it be a street car or strictly race car?

how often will it be driven?

things of that nature.

Black
    2000 Z-28

99z28 m6
    You'd probably have better success if you started your own thread.

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by andrew rs View Post
    need goals for your car....

what et to you want to run in the 1/4?

what rwhp are you looking for?

will it be a street car or strictly race car?

how often will it be driven?

things of that nature.
    it will be a weekend car, happy with 650rwhp to 900rwhp, i just want to put a list together and crunch the $numbers... i started a thread but no one did reply that could help me... i am looking for someone that has a built Ls1 with the supercharger so i can go the same rout as them and find out what internals and stuff they would do and not do....

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    You'd probably have better success if you started your own thread.
    did no one could help me..

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

it will be a weekend car, happy with 650rwhp to 900rwhp, i just want to put a list together and crunch the $numbers... i started a thread but no one did reply that could help me... i am looking for someone that has a built Ls1 with the supercharger so i can go the same rout as them and find out what internals and stuff they would do and not do....
    For one, your NOT gonna get 900rwhp out of the Magnacharger kit. They use a MP112 kit and it will only support at MOST 650. Probably more like 550-600rwhp, but the instant torque is where its at.

gold
    2000 honder accord

you would probibly have to build a forged 347 with dished pistons 8.5-9.5:1 compression. if going turbo go with the lower compression, if going with a supercharger go 9:1 or higher. You could probibly get 650 with the maggie, but I would reccommend a turbo kit or a procharger for the power levels your looking for. If you want to start off with 650 and still have something that will grow with you then go the turbo route and start with low boost then when you get the bug again you can just spend 500 on a good tune and turn the boost up.

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by andrew rs View Post
    you would probibly have to build a forged 347 with dished pistons 8.5-9.5:1 compression. if going turbo go with the lower compression, if going with a supercharger go 9:1 or higher. You could probibly get 650 with the maggie, but I would reccommend a turbo kit or a procharger for the power levels your looking for. If you want to start off with 650 and still have something that will grow with you then go the turbo route and start with low boost then when you get the bug again you can just spend 500 on a good tune and turn the boost up.
    thanks for the help

White
    97 GMC with 02 LS6 engine

I have a new in box C5 90mm MP122 with box 2 kit I'm interested in selling. It's pullied down for a stock LS1/LS6 but I have extra pullies, a 90mm GTO straight snout, front pulley and 2 C5 78mm snouts to go with it. This kit sells for $7300.00 plus and I'd take $6200 plus shipping with all of the extras. PM me for more info if intersted, I'm looking to buy a GMC Syclone with the money I get for it.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrous View Post
    I have a new in box C5 90mm MP122 with box 2 kit I'm interested in selling. It's pullied down for a stock LS1/LS6 but I have extra pullies, a 90mm GTO straight snout, front pulley and 2 C5 78mm snouts to go with it. This kit sells for $7300.00 plus and I'd take $6200 plus shipping with all of the extras. PM me for more info if intersted, I'm looking to buy a GMC Syclone with the money I get for it.
    Hmm....I have a Syclone...But its the MP122 and not the MP112?

Hmm....I have a Syclone...But its the MP122 and not the MP112?
    Are you talking about the same thing??? I believe he is referring to the little turbo charged GMC trucks. I had a Typhoon I sold a couple years ago. The Jimmy version of the Syclone. A complete blast to drive.

White

Yep, the 1991 GMC Syclone. The magnacharger is an mp122 pullied down so it will work on stock LS1/6's but will put out a decent amount of HP on larger bore engines. the mp122 has high helix screws and has a little larger case than the mp112. I found a syclone in California I'm looing to buy but I'm open to offers. I have a nice 06 LS2 to drop in it but might just keep it stock for now. The mp122 with proper tuning will perform as well as the mp112 and out perform the 112 on larger bore motors if your looking for 725 HP plus like this 725 hp Trailblazer SS.

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/videos.htm
    Last edited by Nitrous; 02-12-2009 at 08:02 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Are you talking about the same thing??? I believe he is referring to the little turbo charged GMC trucks. I had a Typhoon I sold a couple years ago. The Jimmy version of the Syclone. A complete blast to drive.
    Honestly, I'm no idiot. Yes I AM infact referring to the '91 GMC Syclone sitting in my driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrous View Post
    Yep, the 1991 GMC Syclone. The magnacharger is an mp122 pullied down so it will work on stock LS1/6's but will put out a decent amount of HP on larger bore engines. the mp122 has high helix screws and has a little larger case than the mp112. I found a syclone in California I'm looing to buy but I'm open to offers. I have a nice 06 LS2 to drop in it but might just keep it stock for now. The mp122 with proper tuning will perform as well as the mp112 and out perform the 112 on larger bore motors if your looking for 725 HP plus like this 725 hp Trailblazer SS.

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/videos.htm
    Yea, the only problem would be the fact taht the MP122 is a little to big to fit under the cowl of a Camaro. The MP112 will fit with minor trimming, but the MP122 will require ALOT. I'd simply go with the MP 112 if I didn't have a 383 for it to go on top of though...

White

I've got an MP112 case with less than 1800 miles on it. I believe it will fit in place of the MP122 but the upper inner cooler tub cover might have a different bolt pattern. I'll call David at Magnuson and find out. The only problem is it's a regular MP112 not a HH. BTW, the MP112 goes with the complete package also for 6200.00
    Last edited by Nitrous; 02-12-2009 at 04:00 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information