Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    rapter34

Magna charger for F body!!

I first saw this kit on a youtube vid. I got a link to the site tell me what you guys think.http://www.lmspeed.com/index.asp?Pag...WPROD&ProdID=2

They are impressive indeed,,,seen a few on vettes at the local cruise in,,,but have yet to see one on an F-body,,,,just wondering if it would fit under a stock hood though,,,

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    They are impressive indeed,,,seen a few on vettes at the local cruise in,,,but have yet to see one on an F-body,,,,just wondering if it would fit under a stock hood though,,,
    I heard that it wasn't the hood taht was the problem, it was the cowl that had to be cut to make room.

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

I want one !

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

yeah i think you have to drop the k-member 1 inch. i have seen a guy with one at our meet. it is cool

Black
    2000 Z-28

What is the hp and torque potential w/ one of those?
    Vote for Pedro.

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

they claim 120 from a stocker

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    they claim 120 from a stocker
    120hp and 120 torque? Does anyone know how much boost they can make if you have a forged bottom end?

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    120hp and 120 torque? Does anyone know how much boost they can make if you have a forged bottom end?
    who cares its cool but 6k for 12o hp? no thanks

NBM
    1998 Z-28

That's pretty cool, I'd like too see pics of it on a car

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

I would think the number can change alot depending on how much boost you run. However, boost in general is an expensive way to get power, but if there is not much left you can do to your motor it might be an option.

Black
    2000 Z-28

I do that's why I'm asking...lol. I'm sure w/ full boltons it'd be quite a bit more than 120 as well.

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

I do that's why I'm asking...lol. I'm sure w/ full boltons it'd be quite a bit more than 120 as well.
    well there are some boost calculators around but untill you have a fully built engine then i would not put it on. i was looking at my 383 with a procharger and le3 heads puting 550-600rwhp on about 9psi but thats with a built motor

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    I heard that it wasn't the hood taht was the problem, it was the cowl that had to be cut to make room.
    Ouch,,,in that case I wouldn't be interested. I personally would just rather go with a procharger,,,no hood or cowl mods needed,,,,and they have the same power potential,,, and they are much cheaper.

well there are some boost calculators around but untill you have a fully built engine then i would not put it on. i was looking at my 383 with a procharger and le3 heads puting 550-600rwhp on about 9psi but thats with a built motor
    There is a local tuner here that is a procharger dealer, and installs them on Fbodies and vettes all the time.

I was talking to him a while back and he told me he installs them and tunes the car on what is an otherwise stock Fbody and can generally get 450 hp to the rear wheels. I am guessing moderate boost levels since the motor is a stocker. I've seen them done and running,,,,they are quiet and purr like a stocker,,,but stand on the gas and it's a different story,,,pretty cool.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Ouch,,,in that case I wouldn't be interested. I personally would just rather go with a procharger,,,no hood or cowl mods needed,,,,and they have the same power potential.
    My thing is, almost every fbody that is supercharged seems to have a procharger....I'd like to be different. And yes they may make similar hp but I'd rather have that instant torque instead of the power coming in at 3500rpms. That's why I think it stinks that Kennebell didn't make a kit for us.

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

My thing is, almost every fbody that is supercharged seems to have a procharger....I'd like to be different. And yes they may make similar hp but I'd rather have that instant torque instead of the power coming in at 3500rpms. That's why I think it stinks that Kennebell didn't make a kit for us.
    There is a Kennebell kit for the LS1, unfortunately it is for the Vettes only as far as I know.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    There is a Kennebell kit for the LS1, unfortunately it is for the Vettes only as far as I know.
    Yeah I don't know why they couldn't get it to fit on our fbody's. How much money are they losing out on? I guess they have a monopoly on mustangs though.

Actually the prochargers make instanst power as well, you don't have to wait until 3,500 rpms,,,,it's a belt driven super charger,,just like the magna charger,,,,,power is there as soon as you step on the gas,,,

Theres a reason for everyone going with the Procharger,,,,it's relatively inexpensive compared to other power adders of this type,,,easy to adapt, fits under the hood, and I have seen them make over 1,000 HP on full tilt build ups.

But I agree,,,,,I like to be different too, I'm just not willing to cut up my car to do it though.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

There is a local tuner here that is a procharger dealer, and installs them on Fbodies and vettes all the time.

I was talking to him a while back and he told me he installs them and tunes the car on what is an otherwise stock Fbody and can generally get 450 hp to the rear wheels. I am guessing moderate boost levels since the motor is a stocker. I've seen them done and running,,,,they are quiet and purr like a stocker,,,but stand on the gas and it's a different story,,,pretty cool.

No they are not quiet at all!
    Check out this video.... pretty sweet vid too of a procharged 383: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74703

Actually the prochargers make instanst power as well, you don't have to wait until 3,500 rpms,,,,it's a belt driven super charger,,just like the magna charger,,,,,power is there as soon as you step on the gas,,,.

No they don't. Being belt driven means nothing, one is a centrifugal and the other is a roots style. The magna chargers will crush a centri down low. The prochargers (making the same 8-9 psi of a magnacharger) MIGHT make 2-4 psi by 3500 whereas the magnacharger will be making full boost BEFORE 2000 RPMS. Yeah you read that right; 500lbs of tq just off idle, like 1800 RPMs! The Magnachargers that fit under our hood are only good for about 500-525rwhp but like I said, they make MAD power just off idle. Awesome for a street car, especially an M6, and very reliable.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information