Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 717333435363738394041 ... LastLast

LSX 434 Twin Turbo Project Pictures!

This is a discussion on LSX 434 Twin Turbo Project Pictures! within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; ...

silver
    97 e36 m3

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by kaine806 View Post

Well since you asked. Motor finished and tested on engine dyno. Now being put back into car this week. More information to follow.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

need some pictures

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    need some pictures

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by GORILLAVETTE View Post
    Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    where are all the wires did you tuck them??? it looks incredible tho btw

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

where are all the wires did you tuck them??? it looks incredible tho btw

That one picture is not a finished project. All wires tucked away nice and safe.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

i just realized that i sit and grin everytime you post pics, lol

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    02 superchipsZ28 M6(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    +1

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Thanks buddy.............it has been a much larger project than I ever expected.

White With Blue decals
    1999 30th Trans Am #0922

That is the most amazing looking Vette.. I never thought someone would ever twin turbo that kinda car.. Did you get inspiration from the sledgehammer? I think you did an amazing job! and cannot wait to see what it looks like finished.

opel blue
    1999 Olds Alero

AWSOME!!! Becareful and watch out for the HP mustangs GA police have from what ive heard....

2000 Camaro B4C

wow that is just an amazing piece of work, i sit in awe every time i see new pics

Black
    2000 Z28

Well since you asked. Motor finished and tested on engine dyno. Now being put back into car this week. More information to follow.
    First, I want to preface this by saying that this is an amazing build. The car is beautiful inside and out.

That being said, do you worry about something of a letdown once you get the car back in a week or few and it is "done"?

This build has been going on for most of, what 18 months or so now. I shudder to think what you've got sunk into the build, but it's got to be on the order of the sticker price of the car in the first place. Not only that, but this build is SO radical that you most certainly can't make use of even 1/2 that power on the street, and if you take it to the track, well you're going to break stuff I'd imagine...

So, my biggest fear with doing something on this order is the feeling of "now what" when I got the car back and drove it around for a few weeks. I had that feeling with my own car, and I really only put about 2 months of planning into the build, and it was at the shop for a week. I drove the car every day for about 3.5 years, then got the work done just about spot on to 2 years ago. Since then, I've only put about 4k on the car, and now its up for sale... (unofficially... will be official when I finally have a nice wknd day free to wash it then take some pics and maybe video to put up with it).

Granted, there are plenty of 400rwhp camaros tooling around, I might have the only one in my fairly small town. You on the other hand have a car that is basically one of a kind, so maybe thats something. That's my plan. I plan to take the money from selling my camaro and put it into my 91 300zx TT - which will give me something that is one of a small number of similar cars in existance. Maybe that will help me stave off a case of the "now whats".

All the best though when you do get it back. I hope you get everything out of it that you want to. In fact, I may be hauling my TT down to Carrolton, GA this summer to get some work done and then spending a few days in ATL. If I do that I'd love to see this thing in person...

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I dunno if you've seen all this build, but i dont think hes gonna break anything, lol

All the old pics are down...but ive seen the whole drive train...its pretty bullet proof.

and hes got the videos up from when it was running, and it dynoed what, 1014? and they were out driving it around like it was no big deal. sure its 1000hp at 6500 RPMS, but who the hell drives around like that?

he'll only be putting down 400 under normal conditions, lol

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

yeah its pretty bullitproof hahaha

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by gashkerwin View Post
    First, I want to preface this by saying that this is an amazing build. The car is beautiful inside and out.

That being said, do you worry about something of a letdown once you get the car back in a week or few and it is "done"?

This build has been going on for most of, what 18 months or so now. I shudder to think what you've got sunk into the build, but it's got to be on the order of the sticker price of the car in the first place. Not only that, but this build is SO radical that you most certainly can't make use of even 1/2 that power on the street, and if you take it to the track, well you're going to break stuff I'd imagine...

So, my biggest fear with doing something on this order is the feeling of "now what" when I got the car back and drove it around for a few weeks. I had that feeling with my own car, and I really only put about 2 months of planning into the build, and it was at the shop for a week. I drove the car every day for about 3.5 years, then got the work done just about spot on to 2 years ago. Since then, I've only put about 4k on the car, and now its up for sale... (unofficially... will be official when I finally have a nice wknd day free to wash it then take some pics and maybe video to put up with it).

Granted, there are plenty of 400rwhp camaros tooling around, I might have the only one in my fairly small town. You on the other hand have a car that is basically one of a kind, so maybe thats something. That's my plan. I plan to take the money from selling my camaro and put it into my 91 300zx TT - which will give me something that is one of a small number of similar cars in existance. Maybe that will help me stave off a case of the "now whats".

All the best though when you do get it back. I hope you get everything out of it that you want to. In fact, I may be hauling my TT down to Carrolton, GA this summer to get some work done and then spending a few days in ATL. If I do that I'd love to see this thing in person...

Thanks for the honest comments. I don't know if you know but there are several twin turbos running around the ATL. I changed out the clutch, tranny and differential as well as most of the suspension to accomidate all the power.
    The real issue other than my changes was with the World heads. The first set produced a crack in one head. World said........one in a million........just fix it and move on. Had to take the motor out fix the head and put the motor back in. Couple months later........other head had a crack. World now says............we have changed foundries. Lot of finger pointing............builder stepped up to the plate and replaced most forged assembly and ordered new World heads. Motor had to come out once again. Things are now back in and should be running this week. I have had to pay not one red cent for all this extra work and both the engine builder and turbo installer are both stand up gentleman who understand an agreement. One thing that made a huge change in the manners of the car is the 3:15 REAR DIFFERENTIAL with the manual tranny. No breaking loose in third or fourth like some of the other TTrs. Getting close to a finished product!

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

I dunno if you've seen all this build, but i dont think hes gonna break anything, lol

All the old pics are down...but ive seen the whole drive train...its pretty bullet proof.

and hes got the videos up from when it was running, and it dynoed what, 1014? and they were out driving it around like it was no big deal. sure its 1000hp at 6500 RPMS, but who the hell drives around like that?
    I'll be running about 12 pounds on the street which is the very low 900's. No matter if ya have 900 or 300 you must always respect the power. Hell, driving crazy you can lose a Honda if not careful!

yeah its pretty bullitproof hahaha

Yes..............it should be with the new heads!

Black
    '99 SS

Thanks for the honest comments. I don't know if you know but there are several twin turbos running around the ATL. I changed out the clutch, tranny and differential as well as most of the suspension to accomidate all the power.
    The real issue other than my changes was with the World heads. The first set produced a crack in one head. World said........one in a million........just fix it and move on. Had to take the motor out fix the head and put the motor back in. Couple months later........other head had a crack. World now says............we have changed foundries. Lot of finger pointing............builder stepped up to the plate and replaced most forged assembly and ordered new World heads. Motor had to come out once again. Things are now back in and should be running this week. I have had to pay not one red cent for all this extra work and both the engine builder and turbo installer are both stand up gentleman who understand an agreement. One thing that made a huge change in the manners of the car is the 3:15 REAR DIFFERENTIAL with the manual tranny. No breaking loose in third or fourth like some of the other TTrs. Getting close to a finished product!
    <---- impressed by your builders business practices.

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by Tonik View Post
    <---- impressed by your builders business practices.

Thank you.....Both gentleman seem most interested in my build and doing the very best job possible. I was very careful in my choice of builders and installers and it seems to have paid off in the long run.

Black
    2001 Camaro

Damn thats a sick ride!!! good job!

Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 717333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread Information