Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4202122232425262728 ... LastLast

LSX 434 Twin Turbo Project Pictures!

This is a discussion on LSX 434 Twin Turbo Project Pictures! within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Rattler Am in total agreeance with you guys! I've copy and pasted this thread to sooo many ...

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
    Am in total agreeance with you guys! I've copy and pasted this thread to sooo many builders in Australia it's not funny!

Has been great to watch, even from the other side of the world!

Scotty

Thanks so much guys............I have really enjoyed looking at everyones builds through the years and it's fun to have one of my own. I enjoy sharing information with folks who truly enjoy the information as I have over the years. It's really fun living vicariously through some of these builds and then seeing them come to fruition!

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

I think if I were having a shop do the work, they'd charge me more just for the fact that I would bug the hell out of them wondering about the progress Seems like the guys doing yours are pretty cool about letting you come and go checking on it though.

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    I think if I were having a shop do the work, they'd charge me more just for the fact that I would bug the hell out of them wondering about the progress Seems like the guys doing yours are pretty cool about letting you come and go checking on it though.
    Let me tell ya something.........these guys are just as excited as I am. They really make very little money on these huge builds but boy do they enjoy the finished product. I started out as a customer but we have finished as friends. I can not ask for any more than that. I did make more than a few phone calls but they probably called me just about as much. In between my build they must have made about 20 cages, did 30 head and cam jobs and i know they installed about six motor builds. They never pushed me out of the shop or complained about my car taking up valuable space. these guys are true gear heads that simply love making cars go fast.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by GORILLAVETTE View Post
    Let me tell ya something.........these guys are just as excited as I am. They really make very little money on these huge builds but boy do they enjoy the finished product. I started out as a customer but we have finished as friends. I can not ask for any more than that. I did make more than a few phone calls but they probably called me just about as much. In between my build they must have made about 20 cages, did 30 head and cam jobs and i know they installed about six motor builds. They never pushed me out of the shop or complained about my car taking up valuable space. these guys are true gear heads that simply love making cars go fast.
    like you say they are true gear heads. its a pitty that there isn't more out there like that any more.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    like you say they are true gear heads. its a pitty that there isn't more out there like that any more.
    Exactly. Glad they have been a great bunch of guys to do this build.

Just curious, do you have an exact start date of the build (maybe when you first dropped it off with them)?

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    I expect there are many out there like them and most likely almost all started out that way. Somewhere along the line MONEY surpasses the thrill of making something fast.

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    Exactly. Glad they have been a great bunch of guys to do this build.

Just curious, do you have an exact start date of the build (maybe when you first dropped it off with them)?

Yes, when I first dropped off the car. It did sit for some time as the motor parts were all ordered and waiting for the motor build to be completed.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Yes, when I first dropped off the car. It did sit for some time as the motor parts were all ordered and waiting for the motor build to be completed.
    I think he means what was that date

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    I think he means what was that date

DUH....................late October 2008!

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

8-9 months.. Thats a long ass time. Not sure if I could ever make myself wait that long.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

well you didnt say

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

9 months it realy is your baby haha

NBM
    1998 Z-28

Holy crap, just got to watch that video and feel as as giddy as a school girl. Your car looks and sounds amazing, now I'm excited for some WOT vids. Sweet build gorillavette

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

well you didnt say

LOL....not you dude....I should have figured out you wanted a date!

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by 346ci View Post
    Holy crap, just got to watch that video and feel as as giddy as a school girl. Your car looks and sounds amazing, now I'm excited for some WOT vids. Sweet build gorillavette

If I can ever get the shop boy off his ass. He is now complaining about how long it takes to download video to you tube. Kids...............I hope he will do something by the start of next week! It gets a computer flash today and than lots of breakin driving for the next few days to make sure verything is tight and nothing is leaking. Then off to the dyno for a street tune. Race gas tune will be later after a full break in.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Well...after the first of the year the block goes back to the engine builder for his build. That will take about five weeks and then back to Atlanta Performance for all the installation of the turbos and such and all the dyno tuning. I am realistically looking at very early March to be driving it. That will be an education in itself!

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Well you can see how far off I was but the engine builder had a hard time getting an LSX block. A project as big as this will always experience delay times and things that simply come up during the build. Also keep in mind they just simply can't close the shop and only work on my build. I understood that going in so I am fine with the extended time......plus I added several things which also delayed the build. Since I am OK with it as the customer then things are just rosey!

Black
    2006 GTO

Wonder how hard it would be to get the LSX block these days with GM being in the dumper? Thinking about getting one just to have it incase they're no longer available. Do you remember what it cost and how it was shipped. Like all nice and crated up with cosmoline protecting the surfaces. Cosmoline....do they even use that any more? My automechanics instructor mentioned that...in 1975. Good hell, where does time go? I still feel like a kid. May get older but I'm still refusing to grow up. Good build GV.

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by 6806goats View Post
    Wonder how hard it would be to get the LSX block these days with GM being in the dumper? Thinking about getting one just to have it incase they're no longer available. Do you remember what it cost and how it was shipped. Like all nice and crated up with cosmoline protecting the surfaces. Cosmoline....do they even use that any more? My automechanics instructor mentioned that...in 1975. Good hell, where does time go? I still feel like a kid. May get older but I'm still refusing to grow up. Good build GV.

It took my builder over a month to find one as everybody was on back order.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 6806goats View Post
    yep they still make and use Cosmoline. we use it at are shop all the time.

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Little vid of a walk around. Getting close!!

Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread Information