Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3192021222324252627 ... LastLast

LSX 434 Twin Turbo Project Pictures!

This is a discussion on LSX 434 Twin Turbo Project Pictures! within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by atomicfusion So, I read in your thread you didn't plan to race this car. If that is ...

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by atomicfusion View Post
    So, I read in your thread you didn't plan to race this car. If that is correct, what is the reason for the 1000rwhp goal?

cause I can...............

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

Quote Originally Posted by GORILLAVETTE View Post
    cause I can...............
    SHOWOFF!!! quit flexin... LOL. Congrats on finally gettin her runnin. So when you gonna have her on the streets?

Black
    2006 GTO

Muwaahhhhhhaaaaa. What a beast. WIsh I could watch youtube. Maybe you'll have the new video loaded when I go on vacation. Hmmm I only have access through my work computer now that I think about it. I don't have an email address except the freebie ones. I'll figure somethin out. Cheers and good luck.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by 6806goats View Post
    Muwaahhhhhhaaaaa. What a beast. WIsh I could watch youtube. Maybe you'll have the new video loaded when I go on vacation. Hmmm I only have access through my work computer now that I think about it. I don't have an email address except the freebie ones. I'll figure somethin out. Cheers and good luck.
    www.hidemyass.com

NBM
    1998 Z-28

Looking good, can't wait for high quality video

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

I am being told it may go to the dyno by the end of the week. Just my luck.......it's about 98 degrees and 70% humidity! Not as good DA for dyno work!

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I am being told it may go to the dyno by the end of the week. Just my luck.......it's about 98 degrees and 70% humidity! Not as good DA for dyno work!
    oh heaven forbid you lose a few HP, lol

Blue
    2004 HSV Clubsport

Thanks.....Yes it's not just what you have to spend on the motor and all the extras for that. You have to beef up the suspension, tranny, differential, axles, half shafts, etc. Once you go down this road you will find that you can't cut any corners or you end up paying much more in the long run. I would strongly advise anyone starting a big project to go in with both eyes open and start a budget so you can see exactly what this will cost you. Remember you will be doing this for your own satisfaction cause you will never recoupe the expense if you decide to sell the vehicle.

This is advise I also give!! A majority of people who have high HP engines built for them forget about the rest of the drive train and especially the chasis! It also helps to have the front seems welded on your panels so the flex doesn't crack your paint!

I only have 800HP at the treads and learnt the hard way by breaking: standard right hand side stub axle, right hand side CV shaft, snapping the standard hemisphere in half in diff, twisting the drive shaft like a piece of licorice and blowing the T56 gearbox! I also disintegrated every aluminium pulley on the engine and have now gone for stainless steel ones!

Sitting down and doing your homework will save you alot of time and money on a HUGE build like this one!

I congratulate you sir on a job well done and building a monster that can be used as an every day driver! It's an incredible build!!

Scotty

P.S. 70% humidity isn't too bad, atleast it will be tuned safely to handle those sort of temps right from the "get go"

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Here is a decent video of the start up!

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

nice. congrats man! know you've waited quite awhile to get to this point. downhill stretch now.

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    nice. congrats man! know you've waited quite awhile to get to this point. downhill stretch now.

Thanks Jason...........yep it's been a pretty long road but I think I can see a finish point now!!!

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Thanks Jason...........yep it's been a pretty long road but I think I can see a finish point now!!!
    Think my journey for saving money is about to start. for some reason I've gotten this urge that within a couple years I want an 06+ ZO6.

For some reason I ever make it out towards Atlanta, I definately want to see this vette in person.

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Think my journey for saving money is about to start. for some reason I've gotten this urge that within a couple years I want an 06+ ZO6.

For some reason I ever make it out towards Atlanta, I definately want to see this vette in person.

You got it Buddy!!! Just PM me when you get close to Hotlanta!!! Thanks for hanging with me through this whole process.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

You got it Buddy!!! Just PM me when you get close to Hotlanta!!! Thanks for hanging with me through this whole process.
    The thanks is to you. Me and quite a few others have 100% enjoyed watching this build come together. Hell, me and another member on here discussed your build at the bar one night. Its just that awesome

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

^^^He would be referring to me, lol. yeah that car looks sexy as hell.

Just one question, whats that big reservoir between the driver side turbo and the intake?

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post

Just one question, whats that big reservoir between the driver side turbo and the intake?
    Power steering reservior possibly? relocated a bit higher for clearance and room issues it almost looks like. Prolly wrong. Any other reservior would probably be for meth or c16(if he wanted to run race gas for better dyno numbers)
    Last edited by LS1Jason; 06-24-2009 at 10:49 AM.

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Power steering reservior possibly? relocated a bit higher for clearance and room issues it almost looks like. Prolly wrong. Any other reservior would probably be for meth or c16(if he wanted to run race gas for better dyno numbers)

Give that man a rubber cigar! power steering reservior it is! You can's see it but the clutch fluid reservior has a heat shield under it to keep the heat down as well.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

if i had to guess, thats what i would have said

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

The thanks is to you. Me and quite a few others have 100% enjoyed watching this build come together. Hell, me and another member on here discussed your build at the bar one night. Its just that awesome
    im with you i am 100% into this project. i was telling a buddy about this car and some of use locals talk about it at are weekly cruse ins.

Blue
    2004 HSV Clubsport

Am in total agreeance with you guys! I've copy and pasted this thread to sooo many builders in Australia it's not funny!

Has been great to watch, even from the other side of the world!

Scotty

Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread Information