Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212238 ... LastLast

LSX 434 Twin Turbo Project Pictures!

This is a discussion on LSX 434 Twin Turbo Project Pictures! within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by jambofla Man I love the stance, the colors are diff. and cool, and I love the way ...

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by jambofla View Post
    Man I love the stance, the colors are diff. and cool, and I love the way the tires fill up the wheel wells.
    Really cool and unique build.
    My applause to you and your team.

I agree the fenders are a bit darker. Once the new paint fades a little it will look much better. We can still overspary if necessary. Thanks for the comments.

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    i know how ya feel but dont be like that. . .he came off like an ass but lets not ruin this thread by bein asses ourselves.

Actually I think he did make a good point. I expect in a N/A situation he is right on the beam that good flow is most important. I expect that in the forced induction arena while flow is still important, it is not AS important. Again, none of this is very scientific and it would take the ability to measure internal flow and extrapolate power through those measurements.

HEY....IT'S ALL GOOD!

my ws6 eats rice gokillyourself's Avatar

sexy
    1999 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    @ gokillyourself

HA BITCH!!! I told you so

ok, lets put an end to this, i was not trying to come off acting like an ass, you guys kept arguing about volume and nothing else, all i was trying to point out was the simple fact of him thinking about having the intake rolled so it would be round 'with the same volume' as the one that's on the car, to me it would give better flow and more hp. but you have your heads up your ass (not gorillavette) and didn't listen to all i was trying to say. you were only stuck on volume not even thinking about volume AND shape. so if you think about it i am not the only one coming off like an ass. it was just an idea of mine. i do know some about engines, after all i went to college for automotive engine repair and rebuilding, did you?
    thank you gorillavette for being the only one who was getting what i was trying to say. your car is badass, have you had it on the dyno yet?

red
    2000 camaro ss

i cant think of any aftermarket efi manifold that doesnt use square plenum. what page is his intake on? (i really dont wanna search to look). plenum volume is more important than shape of plenum for "flow characteristics". flow characteristics are most important on runners, valve bowls, and combustion chamber shape. manifold makers most times seek the greatest plenum volume which is easiest achieved (because of clearance and ease of construction) through the square/rectangular shape. a high volume plenum is unlikely to be a flow restriction no matter the shape. hope this makes sense.
    ’]

ive seen them, just not a mainstream brand efi manifold FOR these motors. . .

like i said- - -its just easier to produce square stuff than it is to produce oval, especially if youre makin your own. since plenum flow is less important than plenum volume you can get away with this no biggy. that was my point.

btw im endlessly impressed by this.
    youre completely missing the point and borderline incoherent. PLENUM VOLUME is MORE important than PLENUM FLOW. square plenums USUALLY flow VERY WELL and are USUALLY easier to build. to compare intake plenums to maf s or exhaust is ignorant to say the least. youre patronizin me and you obviously havn't the slightest comprehension of intake design characteristics. how many have you built or tested? oh? . . .none?

THE ORIGINAL QUESTION WAS: why is his plenum square. . . .i answered it 3 times over. go read a book and stop actin like you know anything about shit you obviously dont.

gorilla- - -i certainly never intended for this to turn into an argument. . .there really is no argument, just ignorance. i was happy to answer the guys question in the first place.
    hmmmmmm i think i say the same thing in each one of these. . . .where do i have a "volume only" explanation?

red
    2000 camaro ss

[QUOTE=gokillyourself;1919677]flow is not importatnt? yeah right, who would believe that? why do you think they have so many different intake shapes and designs if flow didn't matter? all intakes would be square, exaust would be square your maf would be square, your pistons would also be square. yes, volume is importeant but flow is just as important. so go ahead and tell us another lie. who says it can't be used for an ls? if it can be made for and ls1-7 it can work, the design is so simple and i bet very efficient

^ ^ ^ass. . .

Quote Originally Posted by gokillyourself View Post
    ok, lets put an end to this, i was not trying to come off acting like an ass, you guys kept arguing about volume and nothing else, all i was trying to point out was the simple fact of him thinking about having the intake rolled so it would be round 'with the same volume' as the one that's on the car, to me it would give better flow and more hp. but you have your heads up your ass (not gorillavette) and didn't listen to all i was trying to say. you were only stuck on volume not even thinking about volume AND shape. so if you think about it i am not the only one coming off like an ass. it was just an idea of mine. i do know some about engines, after all i went to college for automotive engine repair and rebuilding, did you?
    thank you gorillavette for being the only one who was getting what i was trying to say. your car is badass, have you had it on the dyno yet?
    i got what you had to say at the beginning. . .i answered your question kindly, specifically, and thorougly about VOLMUME AND SHAPE in the first post (read it). . .you didnt like nor did you understand the answer. . . .now we can end the bickerin.
    Last edited by side2000; 05-11-2009 at 09:55 AM.

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

I really do get your point. As Obama would say....That is above my pay grade to answer.

No, the car has a ways to go yet. I hope to have it at least cranked up by the end of May. I expect we will be going to the dyno sometime in June. They like to put at least 100 miles on it to make sure everything is working, nothing is leaking and everything is tight!

sexy
    1999 trans am ws6

Spikito, you should just sit on in the background and let the real men talk

sexy
    1999 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by GORILLAVETTE View Post
    I really do get your point. As Obama would say....That is above my pay grade to answer.

No, the car has a ways to go yet. I hope to have it at least cranked up by the end of May. I expect we will be going to the dyno sometime in June. They like to put at least 100 miles on it to make sure everything is working, nothing is leaking and everything is tight!
    what all do you have left to do on it? do you have an idea of what hp and torque is it going to produce? can it run on regular pump gas? your the man, your car is going to be untouchable as a street car.

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

what all do you have left to do on it? do you have an idea of what hp and torque is it going to produce? can it run on regular pump gas? your the man, your car is going to be untouchable as a street car.

Still have to do all the wiring install all the fuel pumps and lines reinstall the turbos and brackets. Install the high performance axels and half shafts. Get the intake powder coated. I will be running on 93 octane so we expect on the street about 900 to 950 with torque in the high 800's on about 18 pounds of boost. On race gas with about 25 pounds perhaps about 1100 if the little turbos don't give out. This is much more of a street car than a drag car so it will live around 900 horse most of the time. We got street cars around here running over 1100 hp so I will just be "one of the boys" with some of these bad cars.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Spikito, you should just sit on in the background and let the real men talk
    wow, you really put a lot of thought into that insult.

sexy
    1999 trans am ws6

[QUOTE=side2000;1922521]
    flow is not importatnt? yeah right, who would believe that? why do you think they have so many different intake shapes and designs if flow didn't matter? all intakes would be square, exaust would be square your maf would be square, your pistons would also be square. yes, volume is importeant but flow is just as important. so go ahead and tell us another lie. who says it can't be used for an ls? if it can be made for and ls1-7 it can work, the design is so simple and i bet very efficient

^ ^ ^ass. . .

i got what you had to say at the beginning. . .i answered your question kindly, specifically, and thorougly about VOLMUME AND SHAPE in the first post (read it). . .you didnt like nor did you understand the answer. . . .now we can end the bickerin.

sorry man, i am not trying to sound like an ass but you say flow is not important, i do agree what your saying that volume is important but not really more important than flow, to many they are equal, i just want you and that other dingle berry, maybe it was just that other dumbass,to see what i was getting at, no harm no fowl.

sexy
    1999 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by GORILLAVETTE View Post
    Still have to do all the wiring install all the fuel pumps and lines reinstall the turbos and brackets. Install the high performance axels and half shafts. Get the intake powder coated. I will be running on 93 octane so we expect on the street about 900 to 950 with torque in the high 800's on about 18 pounds of boost. On race gas with about 25 pounds perhaps about 1100 if the little turbos don't give out. This is much more of a street car than a drag car so it will live around 900 horse most of the time. We got street cars around here running over 1100 hp so I will just be "one of the boys" with some of these bad cars.

man i bet you itching to get that beast on the road. you'll have to give me a ride when you get it up and running.

sexy
    1999 trans am ws6

wow, you really put a lot of thought into that insult.

sounds like someone has some sand in their vagina

if i had a v6 like yours my vagina would be hurting too, lmao
    Last edited by gokillyourself; 05-11-2009 at 05:11 PM.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Gokillyourself and Spikito, you two can kiss and make up...basically I mean end it now or your both are out of the thread. This isn't the AAG section....talk tech or be gone.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37 View Post
    Gokillyourself and Spikito, you two can kiss and make up...basically I mean end it now or your both are out of the thread. This isn't the AAG section....talk tech or be gone.
    I'm not the one being an ass, I was just playing with him cuz the man building the care showed him up with real numbers, not just concepts. My posts were technical, regarding whether the efficiency of airflow is more important than intake volume.

He's a new member, I've got 30 times as many posts as him, and twice as many as you, I have been following this particular thread for 6 months.

All i did was make one little playful comment, i think every just needs to be adults and calm down.

I agree though, this is not AAG and bashing needs to be kept to a minimum.

sexy
    1999 trans am ws6

I'm not the one being an ass, I was just playing with him cuz the man building the care showed him up with real numbers, not just concepts. My posts were technical, regarding whether the efficiency of airflow is more important than intake volume.

He's a new member, I've got 30 times as many posts as him, and twice as many as you, I have been following this particular thread for 6 months.

All i did was make one little playful comment, i think every just needs to be adults and calm down.

i will be nice, but it sure didn't seem playfull to me
    ANTI-RICERS

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I don't care how many more posts you have......I just want everyone to keep this civil....

red
    2000 camaro ss

[QUOTE=gokillyourself;1923019]

sorry man, i am not trying to sound like an ass but you say flow is not important, i do agree what your saying that volume is important but not really more important than flow, to many they are equal, i just want you and that other dingle berry, maybe it was just that other dumbass,to see what i was getting at, no harm no fowl.
    you keep puttin words in my mouth. quote me on sayin' flow IS NOT important. . .plenum volume importance > plenum flow importance. that does not mean flow is not important. . . the different aspects of the manifold (i.e. runners and plenum) react differently to different configurations (i.e. length, volume, shape). . .the plenum (which was originally in question) is LEAST effected by shape and is most effective with a particular volume. . . .i dunno why you keep tryin to tell me i said things i didnt, i spelled out exactly what i said, and you said, in one giant post. i just repteated what i originally said in a different fashion to try to help you with the concept. in fact, the plenum is hardly "flowing" in comparison to an intake runner (you compared flow of plenum to flow of runner previously). . .the flow of the plenum opening (throttle body into the plenum throat) is crucial to keep a high-volume plenum filled with air. . .this constant supply of air in the plenum assures the *high-flowing* intake runners will be supplied with air the combustion chamber is demanding. . .if there is not enough air in the plenum to feed the runners *OR* the flow of the plenum mouth is not high enough, optimum power cannot be reached. SO. . . manifold builders are most concerned with optimizing the plenum volume for the setup, the easiest way they can, while spending most of their attention on the *flow* of what is pre/post plenum.

that make ya happy? plenum volume is more imporatnt than plenum flow. i wont say anything else on the subject cuz i already done said the same stuff too many times.
    Last edited by side2000; 05-11-2009 at 07:15 PM.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I would like to make one statement regarding flow and volume when it comes to FI setups

This was a concept i recently learned about, and its kind of hard to explain

ok, with a given airspace, 10 psi means theres twice as much air than in the same volume at 5 psi. so if hes running 18lbs of boost, that means theres 18lbs of air in the manifold/plenum. this is 18 lbs of air not in the motor. what you want is flow. unless of course the pressure in the plenum is relative to the air pressure in the cylinders.

for example, i know of someone who boosted a 302 mustang, he was running 18 lbs and made 550 hp. these numbers could be a little off, dont quote me. But when he got his heads ported, his pressure dropped to 16 psi, but his hp jumped to 600. thats because the turbos are pushing the same volume of air, but, there is now 2 psi in the cylinders that was in the manifold.

make sense?

But just like weve just seen, in his particular application, volume meant more than flow, so i say go with what works best.

Im sure this thing sucks more air than a small jet so it probably doesnt matter

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I would like to make one statement regarding flow and volume when it comes to FI setups

This was a concept i recently learned about, and its kind of hard to explain

ok, with a given airspace, 10 psi means theres twice as much air than in the same volume at 5 psi. so if hes running 18lbs of boost, that means theres 18lbs of air in the manifold/plenum. this is 18 lbs of air not in the motor. what you want is flow. unless of course the pressure in the plenum is relative to the air pressure in the cylinders.

for example, i know of someone who boosted a 302 mustang, he was running 18 lbs and made 550 hp. these numbers could be a little off, dont quote me. But when he got his heads ported, his pressure dropped to 16 psi, but his hp jumped to 600. thats because the turbos are pushing the same volume of air, but, there is now 2 psi in the cylinders that was in the manifold.

make sense?

But just like weve just seen, in his particular application, volume meant more than flow, so i say go with what works best.

Im sure this thing sucks more air than a small jet so it probably doesnt matter
    Ummm....I think you're missing the boat here. You talk about psi and how at 10lbs there is twice as much air as there are at 5lbs....there's twice as much pressure not air. Now look at it this way. A turbo is nothing more than an air compressor. It takes air and shoves it together and forces it into a space (volume of the motor cylinder). Now we all know that when you compress something you create heat. The oxygen molocules are spread out and you get less air density. That is why we have intercoolers, methanol injection, water injection and such.....we are trying to get more air molocules in the motor so we can in turn put more fuel in. Cooler air equals more air molocules. When your friend ported his heads on his Mustang he was simply improving the volumetric efficiency of the motor. Volumetric efficiency is the quanity of air that physically makes it into the engine on the intake stroke. All these things are what it takes to make more power....just simply boring and stoking doesn't give you more HP unless you can get more air in there....I could make this really technical but there is no need......if you want to know more then P/M me and I'll break it all down.....

There's more to a f/i than just simply putting a turbo on......

I've pretty much stayed out of this thread and enjoyed watching the build....

Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212238 ... LastLast

Thread Information