Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202137 ... LastLast

LSX 434 Twin Turbo Project Pictures!

This is a discussion on LSX 434 Twin Turbo Project Pictures! within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; o ya starting to get a car woody...

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

o ya starting to get a car woody

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    What rims are you sporting on there? Everything on that car is gorgeous!

They are a new style by Forgeline. Titanium centers with black hardware and brushed outer rims.

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    I noticed new fender flares for the radials, no?

Yep. L5 Lewis Motorsports....No mini tubbing required.

Quote Originally Posted by gokillyourself View Post
    that car looks sick!!!, what size tires are you running?

265/35/18 front 345/35/18 rear

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    o ya starting to get a car woody

red
    2000 camaro ss

here are your round plenums that you said you have never seen.

http://www.banksblog.com/wp-content/...-manifold1.jpg

it looks like the one on the gorillavette was made by hand, if he just made the thing round with the same volume, i am sure it would create less turbulance, there for more hp.
    ive seen them, just not a mainstream brand efi manifold FOR these motors. . .

like i said- - -its just easier to produce square stuff than it is to produce oval, especially if youre makin your own. since plenum flow is less important than plenum volume you can get away with this no biggy. that was my point.

btw im endlessly impressed by this.

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post

like i said- - -its just easier to produce square stuff than it is to produce oval, especially if youre makin your own. since plenum flow is less important than plenum volume you can get away with this no biggy. that was my point.

Thanks....my question would really be just how much of an improvement would you really see. I doubt if it would be much at all. Now the round intake does look damn good!

red
    2000 camaro ss

especially in a forced induction application, it wouldnt make a lick a difference. that manifold your man fabbed up is nasty hands down. if im not mistaken the sited banks manifold is for a powerjoke, certainly not an LS.

my ws6 eats rice gokillyourself's Avatar

sexy
    1999 trans am ws6

flow is not importatnt? yeah right, who would believe that? why do you think they have so many different intake shapes and designs if flow didn't matter? all intakes would be square, exaust would be square your maf would be square, your pistons would also be square. yes, volume is importeant but flow is just as important. so go ahead and tell us another lie. who says it can't be used for an ls? if it can be made for and ls1-7 it can work, the design is so simple and i bet very efficient

i am not knocking what you made, it does look tight as hell and i bet is sucks in a shitload of air.
    Last edited by gokillyourself; 05-08-2009 at 04:47 PM.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Fuck dude, i caught a quick glimpse of the pics and thought you wrecked it already.

i gotta go calm down, lol

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

flow is not importatnt? yeah right, who would believe that? why do you think they have so many different intake shapes and designs if flow didn't matter? all intakes would be square, exaust would be square your maf would be square, your pistons would also be square. yes, volume is importeant but flow is just as important. so go ahead and tell us another lie. who says it can't be used for an ls? if it can be made for and ls1-7 it can work, the design is so simple and i bet very efficient

i am not knocking what you made, it does look tight as hell and i bet is sucks in a shitload of air.

I would also assume though that the gale force winds going through there would compensate.

maybe its just me, but since the air is compressed, it doesnt really flow, it gets shoved in, so I would think it doesnt factor in as much on a turboed set-up

but thats just me

sexy
    1999 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    I would also assume though that the gale force winds going through there would compensate.

maybe its just me, but since the air is compressed, it doesnt really flow, it gets shoved in, so I would think it doesnt factor in as much on a turboed set-up

but thats just me
    if its moving its flowing

Black
    2002 SS

if its moving its flowing
    True, but it can only flow what the turbos supply
    If the runners are sufficient to handle the volume of air supplied by the turbos then round, oval or square does not matter.
    There may be a velocity consideration but once again that hinges on turbo output.
    I see where you are going with this and it makes sense but it would take an Engineer and lots of research to give us a quantitative analysis.

Killer build and beautiful intake manifold

red
    2000 camaro ss

youre completely missing the point and borderline incoherent. PLENUM VOLUME is MORE important than PLENUM FLOW. square plenums USUALLY flow VERY WELL and are USUALLY easier to build. to compare intake plenums to maf s or exhaust is ignorant to say the least. youre patronizin me and you obviously havn't the slightest comprehension of intake design characteristics. how many have you built or tested? oh? . . .none?

THE ORIGINAL QUESTION WAS: why is his plenum square. . . .i answered it 3 times over. go read a book and stop actin like you know anything about shit you obviously dont.

gorilla- - -i certainly never intended for this to turn into an argument. . .there really is no argument, just ignorance. i was happy to answer the guys question in the first place.
    Last edited by side2000; 05-09-2009 at 08:22 AM.

red
    2000 camaro ss

and yes- - -it is true- - -air flow aft the turbo/super charger is much less important than the air flow pre-forced induction. high flow aft the turbo DOES, however, decrease the amount of psi needed to flow the same amount of air. . . .so. . . .putting high flow heads onto an already supercharged motor won't net much of an increase in power but it will decrease the max boost you see, allowing you to turn the boost back up to what your compression will allow and THATS where you get more power by enhancing flow aft the forcer.

sexy
    1999 trans am ws6

youre completely missing the point and borderline incoherent. PLENUM VOLUME is MORE important than PLENUM FLOW. square plenums USUALLY flow VERY WELL and are USUALLY easier to build. to compare intake plenums to maf s or exhaust is ignorant to say the least. youre patronizin me and you obviously havn't the slightest comprehension of intake design characteristics. how many have you built or tested? oh? . . .none?

THE ORIGINAL QUESTION WAS: why is his plenum square. . . .i answered it 3 times over. go read a book and stop actin like you know anything about shit you obviously dont.

gorilla- - -i certainly never intended for this to turn into an argument. . .there really is no argument, just ignorance. i was happy to answer the guys question in the first place.
    thanks for the info, its time to get off the subject, it is a badass motor non the less, i would hate to pull up beside that vette. have you had a chance to put it on a dyno yet? i would love to see the numbers.
    Last edited by gokillyourself; 05-09-2009 at 08:30 AM.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th Convt

Very Nice! Will the low end suffer with that kind of Intake?

red
    2000 camaro ss

im sure the man who built that manifold knew what it was going on and built it accordingly. the low end of that thing will be determined by how well those turbos light. which by his previous dyno trials, the low end on this thing is gonna be nutsl.

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Just so you guys know....I talked with the fellow that built the intake and the guys who built the engine. They told me when they were dynoing my motor on the engine dyno they did a little experiment. First the hooked up the metal intake on the N/A motor and then a ls7 intake. The ls7 intake made 19 more HP and almost 30 more torque. Then they did the same experiment with the turbo system hooked up. In that experiment the metal intake made 40 more horsepower and almost 60 more torque. The metal intake is much larger in volume than the LS7 intake and the engineers felt on a natural aspiration set up the motor liked the long runners but in a forced induction set up the motor just loved the large volume of air much more than long runners. This of course is far from scientific but does go to the premise of larger volumes of air available in a forced induction set up being desired.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by GORILLAVETTE View Post
    Just so you guys know....I talked with the fellow that built the intake and the guys who built the engine. They told me when they were dynoing my motor on the engine dyno they did a little experiment. First the hooked up the metal intake on the N/A motor and then a ls7 intake. The ls7 intake made 19 more HP and almost 30 more torque. Then they did the same experiment with the turbo system hooked up. In that experiment the metal intake made 40 more horsepower and almost 60 more torque. The metal intake is much larger in volume than the LS7 intake and the engineers felt on a natural aspiration set up the motor liked the long runners but in a forced induction set up the motor just loved the large volume of air much more than long runners. This of course is far from scientific but does go to the premise of larger volumes of air available in a forced induction set up being desired.
    @ gokillyourself

HA BITCH!!! I told you so

Black
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by GORILLAVETTE View Post
    and one with both fenders on............

Click for full size
    Man I love the stance, the colors are diff. and cool, and I love the way the tires fill up the wheel wells.
    Really cool and unique build.
    My applause to you and your team.

red
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    @ gokillyourself

HA BITCH!!! I told you so
    i know how ya feel but dont be like that. . .he came off like an ass but lets not ruin this thread by bein asses ourselves.

Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202137 ... LastLast

Thread Information