Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202137 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 824

LSX 434 Twin Turbo Project Pictures!

This is a discussion on LSX 434 Twin Turbo Project Pictures! within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; o ya starting to get a car woody...

  1. #321
    formally 01 T/A 0verkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Diego ca
    Posts
    2,253

    "Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

    o ya starting to get a car woody

  2. #322
    Member GORILLAVETTE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    343

    Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    What rims are you sporting on there? Everything on that car is gorgeous!

    They are a new style by Forgeline. Titanium centers with black hardware and brushed outer rims.


    Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    I noticed new fender flares for the radials, no?

    Yep. L5 Lewis Motorsports....No mini tubbing required.



    Quote Originally Posted by gokillyourself View Post
    that car looks sick!!!, what size tires are you running?

    265/35/18 front 345/35/18 rear

  3. #323
    Member GORILLAVETTE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    343

    Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

    Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    o ya starting to get a car woody


  4. #324
    Member side2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    md
    Posts
    861

    red
    2000 camaro ss

    Quote Originally Posted by gokillyourself View Post
    here are your round plenums that you said you have never seen.

    http://www.banksblog.com/wp-content/...-manifold1.jpg


    it looks like the one on the gorillavette was made by hand, if he just made the thing round with the same volume, i am sure it would create less turbulance, there for more hp.
    ive seen them, just not a mainstream brand efi manifold FOR these motors. . .

    like i said- - -its just easier to produce square stuff than it is to produce oval, especially if youre makin your own. since plenum flow is less important than plenum volume you can get away with this no biggy. that was my point.

    btw im endlessly impressed by this.

  5. #325
    Member GORILLAVETTE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    343

    Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

    Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    ive seen them, just not a mainstream brand efi manifold FOR these motors. . .

    like i said- - -its just easier to produce square stuff than it is to produce oval, especially if youre makin your own. since plenum flow is less important than plenum volume you can get away with this no biggy. that was my point.

    btw im endlessly impressed by this.

    Thanks....my question would really be just how much of an improvement would you really see. I doubt if it would be much at all. Now the round intake does look damn good!

  6. #326
    Member side2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    md
    Posts
    861

    red
    2000 camaro ss

    especially in a forced induction application, it wouldnt make a lick a difference. that manifold your man fabbed up is nasty hands down. if im not mistaken the sited banks manifold is for a powerjoke, certainly not an LS.

  7. #327
    my ws6 eats rice gokillyourself's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    177

    sexy
    1999 trans am ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    ive seen them, just not a mainstream brand efi manifold FOR these motors. . .

    like i said- - -its just easier to produce square stuff than it is to produce oval, especially if youre makin your own. since plenum flow is less important than plenum volume you can get away with this no biggy. that was my point.

    btw im endlessly impressed by this.
    flow is not importatnt? yeah right, who would believe that? why do you think they have so many different intake shapes and designs if flow didn't matter? all intakes would be square, exaust would be square your maf would be square, your pistons would also be square. yes, volume is importeant but flow is just as important. so go ahead and tell us another lie. who says it can't be used for an ls? if it can be made for and ls1-7 it can work, the design is so simple and i bet very efficient



    i am not knocking what you made, it does look tight as hell and i bet is sucks in a shitload of air.
    Last edited by gokillyourself; 05-08-2009 at 04:47 PM.

  8. #328
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    Fuck dude, i caught a quick glimpse of the pics and thought you wrecked it already.


    i gotta go calm down, lol

  9. #329
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    Quote Originally Posted by gokillyourself View Post
    flow is not importatnt? yeah right, who would believe that? why do you think they have so many different intake shapes and designs if flow didn't matter? all intakes would be square, exaust would be square your maf would be square, your pistons would also be square. yes, volume is importeant but flow is just as important. so go ahead and tell us another lie. who says it can't be used for an ls? if it can be made for and ls1-7 it can work, the design is so simple and i bet very efficient



    i am not knocking what you made, it does look tight as hell and i bet is sucks in a shitload of air.

    I would also assume though that the gale force winds going through there would compensate.

    maybe its just me, but since the air is compressed, it doesnt really flow, it gets shoved in, so I would think it doesnt factor in as much on a turboed set-up

    but thats just me

  10. #330
    my ws6 eats rice gokillyourself's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    177

    sexy
    1999 trans am ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    I would also assume though that the gale force winds going through there would compensate.

    maybe its just me, but since the air is compressed, it doesnt really flow, it gets shoved in, so I would think it doesnt factor in as much on a turboed set-up

    but thats just me
    if its moving its flowing

  11. #331
    Member jambofla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northwest Florida
    Posts
    409

    Black
    2002 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by gokillyourself View Post
    if its moving its flowing
    True, but it can only flow what the turbos supply
    If the runners are sufficient to handle the volume of air supplied by the turbos then round, oval or square does not matter.
    There may be a velocity consideration but once again that hinges on turbo output.
    I see where you are going with this and it makes sense but it would take an Engineer and lots of research to give us a quantitative analysis.

    Killer build and beautiful intake manifold

  12. #332
    Member side2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    md
    Posts
    861

    red
    2000 camaro ss

    Quote Originally Posted by gokillyourself View Post
    flow is not importatnt? yeah right, who would believe that? why do you think they have so many different intake shapes and designs if flow didn't matter? all intakes would be square, exaust would be square your maf would be square, your pistons would also be square. yes, volume is importeant but flow is just as important. so go ahead and tell us another lie. who says it can't be used for an ls? if it can be made for and ls1-7 it can work, the design is so simple and i bet very efficient



    i am not knocking what you made, it does look tight as hell and i bet is sucks in a shitload of air.
    youre completely missing the point and borderline incoherent. PLENUM VOLUME is MORE important than PLENUM FLOW. square plenums USUALLY flow VERY WELL and are USUALLY easier to build. to compare intake plenums to maf s or exhaust is ignorant to say the least. youre patronizin me and you obviously havn't the slightest comprehension of intake design characteristics. how many have you built or tested? oh? . . .none?

    THE ORIGINAL QUESTION WAS: why is his plenum square. . . .i answered it 3 times over. go read a book and stop actin like you know anything about shit you obviously dont.

    gorilla- - -i certainly never intended for this to turn into an argument. . .there really is no argument, just ignorance. i was happy to answer the guys question in the first place.
    Last edited by side2000; 05-09-2009 at 08:22 AM.

  13. #333
    Member side2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    md
    Posts
    861

    red
    2000 camaro ss

    and yes- - -it is true- - -air flow aft the turbo/super charger is much less important than the air flow pre-forced induction. high flow aft the turbo DOES, however, decrease the amount of psi needed to flow the same amount of air. . . .so. . . .putting high flow heads onto an already supercharged motor won't net much of an increase in power but it will decrease the max boost you see, allowing you to turn the boost back up to what your compression will allow and THATS where you get more power by enhancing flow aft the forcer.

  14. #334
    my ws6 eats rice gokillyourself's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    177

    sexy
    1999 trans am ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    youre completely missing the point and borderline incoherent. PLENUM VOLUME is MORE important than PLENUM FLOW. square plenums USUALLY flow VERY WELL and are USUALLY easier to build. to compare intake plenums to maf s or exhaust is ignorant to say the least. youre patronizin me and you obviously havn't the slightest comprehension of intake design characteristics. how many have you built or tested? oh? . . .none?

    THE ORIGINAL QUESTION WAS: why is his plenum square. . . .i answered it 3 times over. go read a book and stop actin like you know anything about shit you obviously dont.

    gorilla- - -i certainly never intended for this to turn into an argument. . .there really is no argument, just ignorance. i was happy to answer the guys question in the first place.
    thanks for the info, its time to get off the subject, it is a badass motor non the less, i would hate to pull up beside that vette. have you had a chance to put it on a dyno yet? i would love to see the numbers.
    Last edited by gokillyourself; 05-09-2009 at 08:30 AM.

  15. #335
    Junior Member vonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wi
    Age
    50
    Posts
    15

    Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th Convt

    Very Nice! Will the low end suffer with that kind of Intake?

  16. #336
    Member side2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    md
    Posts
    861

    red
    2000 camaro ss

    im sure the man who built that manifold knew what it was going on and built it accordingly. the low end of that thing will be determined by how well those turbos light. which by his previous dyno trials, the low end on this thing is gonna be nutsl.

  17. #337
    Member GORILLAVETTE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    343

    Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

    Just so you guys know....I talked with the fellow that built the intake and the guys who built the engine. They told me when they were dynoing my motor on the engine dyno they did a little experiment. First the hooked up the metal intake on the N/A motor and then a ls7 intake. The ls7 intake made 19 more HP and almost 30 more torque. Then they did the same experiment with the turbo system hooked up. In that experiment the metal intake made 40 more horsepower and almost 60 more torque. The metal intake is much larger in volume than the LS7 intake and the engineers felt on a natural aspiration set up the motor liked the long runners but in a forced induction set up the motor just loved the large volume of air much more than long runners. This of course is far from scientific but does go to the premise of larger volumes of air available in a forced induction set up being desired.

  18. #338
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    Quote Originally Posted by GORILLAVETTE View Post
    Just so you guys know....I talked with the fellow that built the intake and the guys who built the engine. They told me when they were dynoing my motor on the engine dyno they did a little experiment. First the hooked up the metal intake on the N/A motor and then a ls7 intake. The ls7 intake made 19 more HP and almost 30 more torque. Then they did the same experiment with the turbo system hooked up. In that experiment the metal intake made 40 more horsepower and almost 60 more torque. The metal intake is much larger in volume than the LS7 intake and the engineers felt on a natural aspiration set up the motor liked the long runners but in a forced induction set up the motor just loved the large volume of air much more than long runners. This of course is far from scientific but does go to the premise of larger volumes of air available in a forced induction set up being desired.
    @ gokillyourself

    HA BITCH!!! I told you so

  19. #339
    Member jambofla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northwest Florida
    Posts
    409

    Black
    2002 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by GORILLAVETTE View Post
    and one with both fenders on............


    Click for full size
    Man I love the stance, the colors are diff. and cool, and I love the way the tires fill up the wheel wells.
    Really cool and unique build.
    My applause to you and your team.

  20. #340
    Member side2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    md
    Posts
    861

    red
    2000 camaro ss

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    @ gokillyourself

    HA BITCH!!! I told you so
    i know how ya feel but dont be like that. . .he came off like an ass but lets not ruin this thread by bein asses ourselves.

Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202137 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. PT twin turbo LSx
    By 20ws6speed01 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 03:55 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-16-2009, 01:45 AM
  3. Help: New Twin project.
    By Slow-sbcTT-Poke in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2009, 01:01 PM
  4. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-14-2006, 06:49 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-28-2005, 08:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •