Sonoma GT w/416 L92/T56 HotRodV6's Avatar

Black
    1992 GMC Sonoma GT

LS1 Turbo Headers or mainifolds??

Im building an LS2 for my Sonoma GT and was thinking about one day doing a turbo setup on it, and have decided that im just going to build the engine with 9:1 CR and do the turbo from the getgo. Anyways i realy only want to run a single turbo and was looking for some type of LS1 specific turbo headers or cast manifolds for a single turbo setup. Something that will probably put the turbo on the passenger side off of and slightly in front of the engine like on a SyTy, or even completely in front of the engine like on a GN type setup. Id really like to have an invetment cast manifold for durability, but right now im just trying to see if there is anything out there, where i can buy just the headers or manifolds and build the system on my own.

Please let me know, if you know what company makes these parts, ive searched but got no results.

Thanks
    1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492 of 806 built.
    Under Full Resto w/433 E85 L92/4L80E.

1992 GMC Typhoon #1104 of 2200 built.
    Broken Crankshaft. New Engine Soon.

2000 Olds Bravada
    Bagged 2wd Frame Swap
    L31 swap Planned
    Daily Driver

ITLXLR8

Bright Green Metallic
    1998 Trans AM

GM does........... Many Many many kits have been fabed using truck manifolds. You will have to relocate things, but they work... and work awsome.... The Ohio Boys are running 8.1X @178mph with them... on drag radials....

Black
    1992 GMC Sonoma GT

Quote Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
    GM does........... Many Many many kits have been fabed using truck manifolds. You will have to relocate things, but they work... and work awsome.... The Ohio Boys are running 8.1X @178mph with them... on drag radials....

Well do you happen to know the part number for the GM ones, and also do these Ohio Boys have a website or anything that i could check out there setup?

I seen a set of APS cat manifolds for a twin turbo setup that puts the turbo down low and under the engine, and that is very slick,but im not sure i have that kind of room in my S-10 frame, and besides im only looking to do a single turbo for now.

Does anybody know anything about that blue 4x4 Silverado with a single turbo 6.0 that was well into the 10's?? I thought he had a specific companys cast turbo passenger side manifold on hs truck, but i can seem to find that website anymore? Anybody got a link?

Thanks for the help.

ITLXLR8

Bright Green Metallic
    1998 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by HotRodV6
    Well do you happen to know the part number for the GM ones, and also do these Ohio Boys have a website or anything that i could check out there setup?

I seen a set of APS cat manifolds for a twin turbo setup that puts the turbo down low and under the engine, and that is very slick,but im not sure i have that kind of room in my S-10 frame, and besides im only looking to do a single turbo for now.

Does anybody know anything about that blue 4x4 Silverado with a single turbo 6.0 that was well into the 10's?? I thought he had a specific companys cast turbo passenger side manifold on hs truck, but i can seem to find that website anymore? Anybody got a link?

Thanks for the help.
    There are Tons of threads of people do truck manifold kits on LS1Tech.

I would be over there but my my work blocks it right now......
    Just go over there and type truck manifolds in the search.

Your talking about Parish's truck.
    Again serch over there and you will find everything you will ever need to know.

Kyle

Black
    1992 GMC Sonoma GT

Yeah i found the websit for Parishs truck, turbotruck.net and the company that sells the kit he has Combination motorsports wont sell just the hot parts of the kit, and there kit is lik almost 6 grand.

I also found a company called Detroit Speedworks that sells a kit for the gm trucks and i really like there setup, and have contacted them about buying just the hot parts of the kit, but havent heard back yet. There kti is 4995, but i dont think the charge pipes they provide wil work on my S-10 Build.

Thanks again for the info.

Blue
    2002 Subaru WRX

my manifolds flip .. which in turn means i just need to make a y pipe to the turbos hot side.. im working on a kit right now..

Thread Information