Looking for a Twin Turbo

At the moment I'm trying to do my research and figure out what I need to Turbo Charge a 2002 Firebird Trans Am. I'm wanting to put twin turbos on it and see how far I can go with a mostly stock setup. I figure after I learn my basic I can do more radical things.

Right now my biggest problem is finding a turbo. Looking around old forms and stuff, it seems like alot of people like the APS turbo or the Gen TTR, but since the car is so old, no one sells these any more. Can anyone give me a heads up on places I could look for on different turbos, and if you have any suggestions I'm more than happy to hear them.

BTW, I'm completly new to forced induction, I would say I know the basics but that maybe going too far.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Research, research, and research some more. IMHO I'd start with learning exactly what forced induction is. How it works and exactly what it means to force induct an engine. I dont know that I'd try just putting a TT on an old motor that has'nt been built for the extra stress turbos put on internals (to each his own). I can't tell you anything about cheap stuff. Quite frankly you should be prepared to spend thousands.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

red
    2002 ss camaro

Aps has a kit but there turbos are crap and customer service is an issue. sts has single kits but they have there issues as well. the best way to do it is to get it custom built with smaller turbos or if your are mechanically inclined and can weld you can build your own. tuning will be a must and all kinds of kits are available. look to a local speed shop that has experience in this area and ask questions.
    [/SIGPIC]02 SS LE 402 lQ9 516rwhp 470rwtq.fast 92/92 . 3.73 gears in ten bolt going to fab 9. bmr lca's, tq arm , phb, Bonspeed Deltas 18x9 up front with 18x10 out back.
    VIRGINIASPEED.COM http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/dynamo...eed-402-a.html

Awaiting Activation

Atomic Orange
    2007 C6 Z06

The shop that built my car can get you any kind of kit you want.

IPSMotorsports.net

Call Brandon 614-444-5884

Tell him Mark sent you.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicfusion View Post
    The shop that built my car can get you any kind of kit you want.

IPSMotorsports.net

Call Brandon 614-444-5884

Tell him Mark sent you.
    Thanks Atomic, I'll check them out.

I tried to look into a APS turbo, but they don't make them any more, there was a shop close to my house that sold them but they said since APS quit making the turbo, they no longer sell it.

I found this one place on teh internet that said they still had the APS turbo, but it cost around 7 grand plus shipping. That looked kinda steap considering I could get a ProCharger with install, tune and tank mod for probably same amount. (Maybe I'm not comparing my apples to apples though...)

Anyway, there is a ProCharger place like 30mins from my house but I'm feeling pigeon holed into having to select a super charger rather than a turbo. =(

red
    2002 ss camaro

are there any local shops you can get in contact with? do some looking there should be a speed shop around somewhere. Make sure that you get a quote in writing and have them be as detailed as they can.

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

check the forsale section on tech....there are a couple people selling APS kits as we speak. the turbos will be fine if they are kept at stock boost (7.5psi)...when people push them, thats when they have issues. i would upgrade them either way though before you install the kit.
    2000 WS.6 Trans am M6
    402 W/APS Twin turbos for support...
    1999 Firebird Formula Hardtop M6
    www.cardomain.com/id/twinturboramair

black
    1993 mustang

how much power do u want to make? u want to go turbo but u r having problems with finding a kit. go check out the procharger place since its close. the procharger may meet your power goals. with any power adder make sure u get the proper tune!

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by DrInsane View Post
    At the moment I'm trying to do my research and figure out what I need to Turbo Charge a 2002 Firebird Trans Am. I'm wanting to put twin turbos on it and see how far I can go with a mostly stock setup. I figure after I learn my basic I can do more radical things.

Right now my biggest problem is finding a turbo. Looking around old forms and stuff, it seems like alot of people like the APS turbo or the Gen TTR, but since the car is so old, no one sells these any more. Can anyone give me a heads up on places I could look for on different turbos, and if you have any suggestions I'm more than happy to hear them.

BTW, I'm completly new to forced induction, I would say I know the basics but that maybe going too far.
    I know this guy who might build you a setup,he does them for GTOs..

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    I know this guy who might build you a setup,he does them for GTOs..
    LOL!!!!

Black
    00 SS camaro

call up Kentucky Turbo Josh is the owner. Just do a google search they are the best in the bussiness right now.

Thanks for the heads up guys. I'm still checking around and doing some research.

Thread Information