Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Looking for supercharger for 1999 v6

This is a discussion on Looking for supercharger for 1999 v6 within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Hey I had Blown V6 Camaro . Sorry, it wasn't riced out. Originally Posted by 01SCSS Look here, most V6 ...

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Hey I had Blown V6 Camaro. Sorry, it wasn't riced out.

Quote Originally Posted by 01SCSS
    Look here, most V6 Camaro owners are either domestic rice, with big wings and ground effects, and fart can mufflers. Or old ladys, who always wanted a camaro but didn't want the high insurance of a V8. As other posts have said he could have the same power and less problems if he just got a V8. As for bringing up milage? You ain't gonna get good milage on a V6 blower car anyway. BTW how many people put blowers on their cars and worry about milage. Not looking to flame anyone, but seriously if your concered with milage and high gas prices why are you even considering a blower. Just keep you car stock, keep getting 30mpg(yeah right) and enjoy the V6 forums.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383, ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD
    Black 2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4WD (Totaled)

Black 2013 Chevy Volt (Gone)

Black
    2001 SS

Thats why I said MOST

But seriously why even bother to boost a V6, I know Cyclones, Typhoons, GN's and GNX's can be wicked fast but they're all turbos. With the linear power of a belt driven SC it can't really be worth it.

Ed how much power was your Blown V6 making? 300, 320, to me too much effort and headaches for a car with comperable power to a stock LSx.
    2001 Onyx Black SS
    ATI D1-SC Procharger
    Mcleod Twin DIsc Clutch
    QA-1's all around
    BMR LCA's,SFC's,TA,PHR

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I think it was around 280 rwhp. At the time that is all I could afford. And was fun for a while. But a stock LS1 is so much faster.

Modding is an Addiction bww3588's Avatar
    Thats why I said MOST

But seriously why even bother to boost a V6, I know Cyclones, Typhoons, GN's and GNX's can be wicked fast but they're all turbos. With the linear power of a belt driven SC it can't really be worth it.

Ed how much power was your Blown V6 making? 300, 320, to me too much effort and headaches for a car with comperable power to a stock LSx.
    SyTy's are pushing 280 at the crank factory. and they are AWD. they are wicked fast.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Thats why I said MOST

But seriously why even bother to boost a V6, I know Cyclones, Typhoons, GN's and GNX's can be wicked fast but they're all turbos.
    There are few of die hard fans L36 on the "other" board that has turbo set up. Two are dynoed 420ish to 450ish rwhp with intercoolers and both runs low 12s and also one L36 with ProCharger setup that also run low-mid 12s. You should see their timeslip page, it's pretty impressive IMO.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert
    Hey I had Blown V6 Camaro. Sorry, it wasn't riced out.

Click for full size
    Wow, old school! I remember your car. Good times.

Modding is an Addiction bww3588's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bene
    There are few of die hard fans L36 on the "other" board that has turbo set up. Two are dynoed 420ish to 450ish rwhp with intercoolers and both runs low 12s and also one L36 with ProCharger setup that also run low-mid 12s. You should see their timeslip page, it's pretty impressive IMO.
    ill bet their recepit for all that stuff is pretty impressive too. not knocking it an L36 with FI, but in this given sitiuation it makes more sense to get an LS1 with a 6 speed than to get a blower on the sixer.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by bww3588
    ill bet their recepit for all that stuff is pretty impressive too. not knocking it an L36 with FI, but in this given sitiuation it makes more sense to get an LS1 with a 6 speed than to get a blower on the sixer.
    Yeah, apparently the cost is not an issue, more of a bragging rights that an
    L36 can beat or hang with a big dog LT1/LS1 fbody/vette.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

I'd say pay off that car, deal with it for a few years, then maybe look into the new camaros afterward. You will save money on gas and insurance with your V6, and I'd use it toward your advantage for now. My older brother bought a V6 Firebird and has the money for a Trans Am, he just spent so much money on his V6 I don't think he wants to part with it. Since he's had it, he put on the T/A hood, hatch, emblems (urrg), paid 1400 for a B&B exhaust, SLP intake, new fuel injectors/plugs, $1300 in suspension, tints, swapped interior for leather, V8 tach, subs, h-u, speakers, dynamatted the whole car, and probably other stuff I can't remember right now. What he's been saying is he's going to swap in a LS2 someday, but this path probably won't be good for you because there's nothing too special about it that'll be worth nothing when its sold....just hang in there and save up, don't waste any money on the v6 that you'll regret later.

Black
    2001 SS

Quote Originally Posted by bww3588
    Exactly...

myk02k...also, well said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information