Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Looking for 800-900 RWHP

This is a discussion on Looking for 800-900 RWHP within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Features ■ Sequential fuel control for 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 and 16 cylinders ■ Capable of driving 16 low ...

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Features
    ■ Sequential fuel control for 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 and 16 cylinders
    ■ Capable of driving 16 low impedance injectors – Staged!
    ■ Dual wide band O2 sensors for individual bank, closed loop fuel control
    ■ 128k RAM for internal data logging – 40 user selectable channels, 10bit resolution, 50Hz acquisition rate
    ■ Capable of driving smart and dumb Coil On Plug (COP) ignitions with stock sensors (LS1, Mod 4.6L) with
    current feedback and tach output
    ■ Individual cylinder fuel and timing control
    ■ Injector phasing, at the start or end of injection event
    ■ Programmable “peak and hold” injectors drivers with current chopping
    ■ Software configurable ignition interface (GM HEI, Ford TFI, LT1, V6 DIS, IPU)
    ■ GM or Ford IAC control
    ■ Controls GM 4L80E/4L60E transmission (optional)
    ■ V10 Viper version coming soon!
    ■ Additional data logging capabilities:
    – Fuel pressure – A/C on – Turbo shaft RPM
    – Drive shaft RPM – Input shaft RPM – MPH
    – Clutch or trans brake input – Brake pedal – TCC % Slip
    ■ Auxiliary control of:
    – Fuel Pump – 2 spare high side & low side outputs
    – Torque converter clutch – 1 spare PWM high side & low side output
    – 2 or 3 stage boost control – Reverse lockout
    – Fan low – Fan high
    ■ Configurable Load & RPM axis to enable optimization in desired range
    ■ Improved EMI algorithms
    ■ True Speed-Density algorithm allows for easier tuning
    ■ Closed loop PID WBO2 heater control to insure accurate AFR control
    ■ Self learning capabilities
    ■ Improved transient fueling algorithms
    ■ 1, 2, 3 & 5 BAR MAP sensor compatible
    ■ Seamless decel fuel cut-off

Just some of the things you get with Big Stuff 3

Running this and running a stock ECM is night and day! If you want anything over 700hp then you will want one of these. Sure you can use a stock ECM and run the thing to 1000hp. But it's just not able to keep up with the car.

Now, if you have a 98 ECM, the best suggestion I can give you is to swap it out and go with either an aftermarket ecm or pull one from a 99-up f-body and put it in. You'll need the wiring harness also. It's a little different wiring for the dash but it's totally possible. If you're willing to spend the money though Big Stuff 3! Do a google search on it and check it out.....I've seen the difference first hand. I know what it's capable of and how it makes a car run

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by C&Cbird
    So if you have a 98 car, what are you supposed to do?
    Just go with a Megasquirt....

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I've never heard of it.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

If you wanted to press a 98 PCM much past 600 rwhp I would look at some other options. THere is no 3-bar setup for the 98, just the 99-02a

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37 View Post

Running this and running a stock ECM is night and day! If you want anything over 700hp then you will want one of these. Sure you can use a stock ECM and run the thing to 1000hp. But it's just not able to keep up with the car.

Now, if you have a 98 ECM, the best suggestion I can give you is to swap it out and go with either an aftermarket ecm or pull one from a 99-up f-body and put it in. You'll need the wiring harness also. It's a little different wiring for the dash but it's totally possible. If you're willing to spend the money though Big Stuff 3! Do a google search on it and check it out.....I've seen the difference first hand. I know what it's capable of and how it makes a car run
    Dude, this is NOT true unless you have no good tuner. There are hundreds of cars past that mark that run VERY well on am OEM PCM. It's fine if you like it, but to tell people it's a must have at that level is past misleading. I don't need to Google it, I have tuned lots of setups with the OEM PCM and even BS3, I wouldn't stand here and lie to people.

And I agree with the 98 part.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

I was talking flywheel hp - Sorry for the misunderstanding
    Last edited by mghawk57; 02-21-2008 at 05:49 AM.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by C&Cbird
    I've never heard of it.
    http://www.megasquirt.info

white
    85 S10

well if your in Duncan OK you well need to go to the city and try to find your upgrades. UMM there use to be a place north of the city up 81.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I went to some place around dallas to get my first tune about 5 or so years ago, OKC didn't really have any where that could tune ls1 cars at the time. I'm not gonna be doing any serious mods for at least another year, so I'll have to do some more research in the mean time.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by C&Cbird View Post
    I've never heard of it.
    If you aren't going over 15psi, HPTuners has a custom 2-bar OS for a 98. They have the only 2-bar 98 OS.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

i am going with aps tt once i save up for it aswell

Black
    2000 Z28

Heads, well I run Patriot Performance Heads. I can easily get over 800 rwhp out of them and they are priced right.

Speaking of costs, you're going to want to look at an aftermarke ECM. 900rwhp is hard for a stock ECM to controll. I went with a Big Stuff 3 ECM. It's about 4-times as fast, you can get internal data logging, wideband O2's, and you can't beat the price. They sell for about $2800.

Believe me, I'm leaving out a lot I know. It's just when you want this kind of power you better think about the rest of the things you'll need. The stuff above is just scratching the surface.......
    Im glad you mentioned that you have Patriot heads and like them because I was sweating bullets about mine with what I am putting together and is what's listed below as well as the new thread I just started on this site. I was told that it takes a lot of money to get a forced induction setup right and it does because I am over $21K and I still have a little more to go but I am completely overhauling every parts of the car except the main body A very good friend of mine told me that I should be on this site rather than the other and Im on a different name so those of you that figure it out, please don't refer me by that name because I have an ex wife that tries to research everything that she can about me to use in court!

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I know who you are

Best of luck on this damn-expensive endeavor, that kit has huge promise.

Black
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I know who you are

Best of luck on this damn-expensive endeavor, that kit has huge promise.
    I knew you would know lol It's exspensive but I figured I'm only young once. I was actually going to get with you about having you tune my setup. It'll be ready in about a month.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 1slowchevy View Post
    Im glad you mentioned that you have Patriot heads and like them because I was sweating bullets about mine with what I am putting together and is what's listed below as well as the new thread I just started on this site. I was told that it takes a lot of money to get a forced induction setup right and it does because I am over $21K and I still have a little more to go but I am completely overhauling every parts of the car except the main body A very good friend of mine told me that I should be on this site rather than the other and Im on a different name so those of you that figure it out, please don't refer me by that name because I have an ex wife that tries to research everything that she can about me to use in court!
    I call them the best bang for the buck!! You could go out and spend the money on AFR's but the Patriots are great.

Good luck with the rest...

Black
    2000 Z28

I call them the best bang for the buck!! You could go out and spend the money on AFR's but the Patriots are great.

Good luck with the rest...
    I had bad luck with the stage 2 LS6 ones and I had them replaced before I sold the motor and the guy I sold them too had the same problem I did after I installed the new ones that Gunnar sent me which made me feel like complete crap because I sold it to a friend of a friend. Only time and boost will tell!

spooled LS1 monte ss spooled88monte's Avatar

black
    88 chevy monte carlo ss

i got a t70 with 15psi on my 5.3 truck engine with the only modification being an LS6 cam and im making 650 at the wheels.

White
    2002 Trans Am

wow i just got on this board, in a long time. i even had to re register.. but what is this about not being able to get to 700-800 on stock pcm.... not gonna get into an arguement here. but my car is sd tuned 739rwhp/ 656tq at only 9 psi out of a procharger d1sc on pump 91 octane....
    2002 WS6: LME 408ci/D1 procharger 739hp/656tq 9/10psi 91 octane
    2006 Yukon Denali XL

White
    2002 Trans Am

oh yeah and i dont have my build thread on here, its on the other forum.... my setup is on a 3" true dual exh setup with 2 magnaflow cats, 2 classicchambered medium mufflers, and 2 dynomax bullets at the bumper... CA

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by svc707 View Post
    wow i just got on this board, in a long time. i even had to re register.. but what is this about not being able to get to 700-800 on stock pcm.... not gonna get into an arguement here. but my car is sd tuned 739rwhp/ 656tq at only 9 psi out of a procharger d1sc on pump 91 octane....
    I didn't say you couldn't get the HP on a stock ECM. I said when you get to that level the computer doesn't get the feedback like an aftermarket ECM.

Yes, a stock ECM will make 700, 800, 900, hell even 1000 hp. I'll agree with that. But, at that level dont you want something that's a lot faster and better feedback controlls? I know if I spend that much money on something I'd rather have a system that can handle it. I dont care how good a tuner you have. When things start to go on high HP cars I'd rather have something with a built in fail safe....

An aftermarket ECM is night and day compared to the stock one. But it all boils down to what do you want to spend...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information