Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am M6

I want some Advice.. New to FI.

When I turned 16 I orignally had a 1998 GTP, 3.8L Supercharged. It ran good for what it was (A grocery getter).

I am 18 now and have had my Trans Am for almost 2 years. (The GTP had a short life). And since I got my T/A I had wanted to do the regular H/C Package. Was going to buy the Trick Flow 515hp/460tq kit and be done.. But now I have started looking over into the FI side for my extra horsepower.. What kind of kits are available and does it matter how much horsepower I am looking for? With the H/C kit (Plus a few tweaks) on the stock 346ci I was looking to make 440-450RWHP. Will it be easy to do better than this Procharged? I am really looking for a Procharge setup, not really a turbo setup. But I am also new to FI for F-Bodys so who knows at this point!! Can I get any advice and maybe some recommendations on what kit to buy for what amount of horsepower to the Rear Wheels. And I will be doing to install myself. We run a custom engine shop here locally and can install it and then get it tuned.

Thanks Guys

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am M6

Will I need to upgrade my motor all together or will the stock components be fine? Let me know guys.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

ummmm, well as always you need to know how much you are willing to spend, that makes a difference. From there you will know your options, are you going to beef up your internals? how much power do you really want? You can get your car to 500rwhp with f.i. and be safe, but you can knock it up a wee bit more.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    ummmm, well as always you need to know how much you are willing to spend, that makes a difference. From there you will know your options, are you going to beef up your internals? how much power do you really want? You can get your car to 500rwhp with f.i. and be safe, but you can knock it up a wee bit more.
    I just thought I might get some options from you guys.. Money is really whatever I want to spend.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

You can get that kind of power out of any FI system.
    As for motor work. I think its either dome or dished pistons would work better for FI.
    At that point you can pretty much rebuild the motor and still do all the H/C/I setup plus F.I. and have unlimited power hehe

300RWHP, 341RWTQ
    1/8 mile 8.32 at 83.97
    1/4 mile 13.049 at 105.24

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I keep the SC'd cars with stock bottom ends to 550rwhp for safety. Some owners understand the risk and want to push things further, but it's all on them.

red
    2000 camaro ss

it's always good to do rod bolts as they are the weakest link in an LS1, especially if you intend on keepin it above six thousand a lot. you'll be revvin that trick flow kit pretty high so....i'd do rod bolts...GM upgraded their LS1 rodbolts twice cuz of reliability issues. as far as the rest of your motor you're fine.
    2000 red ss: >2" drop, koni adjustables 'n 275 s-compounds all way around, giant brakes, dynatech LT's, borla catback (no plate), t56, tubular everything, HARD TOP, caged, "stock" heads 'n a mean cam. -2* front camber.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Go with the Procharger. Get the D1SC tuner kit with a 8 rib setup. With LTH's and an LS6 intake, you will be making around 430 to 440 rwhp. Slap on a set of Trick Flow heads and you will be at 480 to 490 rwhp.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I keep the SC'd cars with stock bottom ends to 550rwhp for safety. Some owners understand the risk and want to push things further, but it's all on them.
    You say "stock" bottom end.. Do you mean Stock components or Factory bottom end.. Because No matter what I do, rather it be H/C or FI. Or both. I am still pulling the motor out and making sure it is completely balanced and replaced all the rod and main bearings with clevite race bearing. If I do h/c I will be getting different heads.. But with a FI setup I will probably just port and polish the stockers.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by SteelmanLS1 View Post
    You say "stock" bottom end.. Do you mean Stock components or Factory bottom end.. Because No matter what I do, rather it be H/C or FI. Or both. I am still pulling the motor out and making sure it is completely balanced and replaced all the rod and main bearings with clevite race bearing. If I do h/c I will be getting different heads.. But with a FI setup I will probably just port and polish the stockers.
    How many miles are on the car?

red
    2000 camaro ss

only thing you need to do is replace those blasted rod bolts w/ some arp's and you'll handle 500+ wheel.

gold
    2000 honder accord

If your doing all of that and money isnt really a concern, build it with dished pistons and forged rods. Run low boost until your ready to turn up the wick.

Thread Information