black
    2002 TRANS AM WS6

High or Low impedance injectors

Hello everyone, i need i little info on which injectors to buy. I have converted to E-85 and need bigger injectors, and i would like to know the pros and cons of useing high or low impedance injectors. I am currently useing 42's at a duty cycle of 187% while running out of pump. I just got a new pump set up, so that parts taken care of but i need more info before i buy the injectors. It will need to be as streetable as possible. I will also need to pass emissions. My car dynoed at 642 rwhp and 593 rwtq with my current set up. Thank you for any help.

02.LS1 Anniversary Issue

dark purple/chameleon
    anniversary 02 camaro LS1

there's a guy by the name of kieth that can answer this question. he is the owner of a performance shop and a highly knowen tuner in california. he is highly recommend for builds and information such as this and has also built cars for me and frineds that range from 350 hp to 1200 hp. you can reach him at forcefedperformance.com.

Black
    2007 Silverado

if you get low impedence you'll need something like a versa fueler as well. you get some 60lb high impedence injectors but i don't know if that would be enough for you.
    2007 RCSB 5.3L

black
    2002 TRANS AM WS6

i had some 60's but could not get them dialed in on decel. i was thinkng about the racetronix 79# but they will be a bit small, i am wanting more boost so will need more injector

Low Impedance Injectors (1.7 -3.0 ohm)
    Shorter trigger time and better idle quality on
    High-Output engines with large injectors.

High Impedance Injectors (10-16 ohm)
    Less heat generated in the Injector driver circuit
    External resistors are not required, usually.

black
    86' Buick

Quote Originally Posted by vaticano View Post
    Hello everyone, i need i little info on which injectors to buy. I have converted to E-85 and need bigger injectors, and i would like to know the pros and cons of useing high or low impedance injectors. I am currently useing 42's at a duty cycle of 187% while running out of pump. I just got a new pump set up, so that parts taken care of but i need more info before i buy the injectors. It will need to be as streetable as possible. I will also need to pass emissions. My car dynoed at 642 rwhp and 593 rwtq with my current set up. Thank you for any help.
    187% Duty cycle WOW! Well the rule of thumb is to at least double your injector size but your well over 100% so I would go even larger to be safe. I don't think the Racetronix 79lb's would cut it!! Are you still using the stock computer or are you using a stand alone engine managment system? If your still using the stock ECM then it would have to be up graded to support the larger injectors. On the stand alone engine managment systems all you do is type that size in. I'm not an expert on the E-85 stuff but if I was to guess, I would go with something around 94lb, 96lb injectors or possibly higher.

Scot W.

black
    2002 TRANS AM WS6

double the injector and then some. thats just what i was thinking, but wasn't sure if that was the correct way to figure it. it is the stock ECM, i am thinking of the AEM converter from racetronix with thier 120# low impedence injector for a little breathing room

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

i had some 60's but could not get them dialed in on decel. i was thinkng about the racetronix 79# but they will be a bit small, i am wanting more boost so will need more injector

that's unfinished tuning, not a problem with the injectors

black
    2002 TRANS AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    that's unfinished tuning, not a problem with the injectors
    never said the injectors were the problem, just never got the offset table right, it is nearly impossible to get a good answer from those that know, so i gave up on them. got the 42's dialed in real nice, they're just to small

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

never said the injectors were the problem, just never got the offset table right, it is nearly impossible to get a good answer from those that know, so i gave up on them. got the 42's dialed in real nice, they're just to small
    It's more the short pulse tables, base and SP-adder. If they are stock it will be FAT on decel. Also remember, if you are using a boost referenced system that the offset table's columns should all be the same as the 0kPA column.

black
    2002 TRANS AM WS6

thanx for the info Frost. I still dont have the new injectors, i just bought a new fuel system and will need a little time to recoop the finances before purchasing something. have you ever used the low impedence injectors. i'm thinking this is the route i will be taking. i'm just a bit worried about getting them dialed in.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Yeah I have tuned some of the "small" LowZ inj with the AEM versafueler injector driver and had pretty good luck... some of the short-pulse adder stuff actually has to be set negative believe it or not...

black
    2002 TRANS AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Yeah I have tuned some of the "small" LowZ inj with the AEM versafueler injector driver and had pretty good luck... some of the short-pulse adder stuff actually has to be set negative believe it or not...
    negative? now that is a usefull bit of info. thanks again frost.

Thread Information