Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Help the 17 year old Please asap races are saturda

This is a discussion on Help the 17 year old Please asap races are saturda within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by jimmybling31 it would still go up to higher rpm's if it were the maf. the tps is ...

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    it would still go up to higher rpm's if it were the maf. the tps is reading more throttle, and the throttle body is allowing more to go in. the computer is getting confused immensely. think about it. if the turbo is has enough lag like it would in that setup then it would do that.

take it to a performance shop and get them to look at it. I can almost say without a doubt that a good performance shop that does GOOD tunes will be able to figure it out. also call up sts and talk to them. they might be supportive if you get a nice guy on the line. if not they will turn you down, but what do you have to lose. that is a pretty weird problem that sts prolly had to go through
    i just dont see the possibility in going above 6k rpms and having it not spool even the tiniest bit... im not saying you are wrong... but i dont see where you could be right... only time will tell

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    i just dont see the possibility in going above 6k rpms and having it not spool even the tiniest bit... im not saying you are wrong... but i dont see where you could be right... only time will tell
    heck I never said it wasn't spooling. if the tune is wrong that boost is being wasted. if it's an in car boost gauge it could be off. think about it. the blow off valve makes the pst sound when you let off the gas, but it won't spin the tires even. now. if it won't even spin the tires and he didn't change his compression then it's not tuned right at all. it doesn't think it's getting any air until it's higher in the rpm band and holding there. there is a huge lag on the maf from what goes into the throttle body with that style setup. on a stock car the maf is less than a foot from the throttle body. how far away is it now?

Silver
    02' Camaro SS

Ok guys, you are both right. First the wastegate controls Boost, even if he had the gauge hooked up wrong he would feel it. Secondly the MAF is set to a certain amount of air from the MAF to the Valves. If it is off, without tuning for it, it will not run right. It may run and even go into the high RPM's but would misfire and sound like crap. As far as talking to STS they probably would not help!! Just because the remote mount kit is PATENED by them!! I know this cause i work there.
    A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK!!!!

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Nielson View Post
    Ok guys, you are both right. First the wastegate controls Boost, even if he had the gauge hooked up wrong he would feel it. Secondly the MAF is set to a certain amount of air from the MAF to the Valves. If it is off, without tuning for it, it will not run right. It may run and even go into the high RPM's but would misfire and sound like crap. As far as talking to STS they probably would not help!! Just because the remote mount kit is PATENED by them!! I know this cause i work there.
    ah I didn't know it was pattend. well I think you explained the problems well. I guess he needs to go and get it tuned and get the wastegate checked out. I have been thinking about doing a system like this, but I would order the sts basic kit and get the piping for it made by a local shop here because I know the guy who owns the place and he can get me a good deal. also I would be able to do a couple things custom to go with other things on my car.

Silver
    02' Camaro SS

That is a good idea!! And if you go with the kit, they will help with tuning and other issues. We have a universal kit that is cheap, but you can also order the injectors or tuning.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    heck I never said it wasn't spooling. if the tune is wrong that boost is being wasted. if it's an in car boost gauge it could be off. think about it. the blow off valve makes the pst sound when you let off the gas, but it won't spin the tires even. now. if it won't even spin the tires and he didn't change his compression then it's not tuned right at all. it doesn't think it's getting any air until it's higher in the rpm band and holding there. there is a huge lag on the maf from what goes into the throttle body with that style setup. on a stock car the maf is less than a foot from the throttle body. how far away is it now?
    makes sense... now im interested to find out what the problem is...

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Nielson View Post
    That is a good idea!! And if you go with the kit, they will help with tuning and other issues. We have a universal kit that is cheap, but you can also order the injectors or tuning.
    yeah that's what I was thinking was the universal kit. I like the lt1 kit yall sell over there, but I have a little bit different plans with it and I dunno it's a little different. I have torn between turbo or heads and cam. I like the sts turbo for daily drivability, but I like the raw power of heads and cam package. how much is that universal base kit? isn't it like 2000 or something?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information