Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Barbados Blue
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Got sts kit installed and the safty extras where great

I got the sts kit installed took a while like 10 hours straight cuase the kit where you out and you want to take breaks from climing under the jack stands lol but when its all said and done bad ass. On the sts kit there is a buzzer that gets installed in the car and it buzzs if the oil supply ever stop going or coming from the turbo kit. and it works the ground cable came lose and sparked on my car which cause the fuse for the sts kit to blow cuase the turbo to no longer have oil and the buzzer went on and i rember that from the instrution if the buzzer ever came one to kill the motor and coast to a stop and tahts what I did and saved the turbo. i replace the fuse and tightin battery cable and was on my way.

Barbados Blue
    2004 Pontiac GTO

O and the sound that the turbo makes with this kit is about 2 time louder that a disel semi truck. sick and crazy and all those guys that said there was turbo lag . total bs i got full bost at 2200 rpms and held it till i sifted all though i have not tuned nor installed intercooler not adjusted anything just wokring bugs out but i fill a lot of power. but weriod its not gradul boost like with a blower.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

The only people that talk shit on the STS are the ones that have don't actually have any experience with them. Those that have them love them.

That said, did you skip english class EVERY DAY in school?

Barbados Blue
    2004 Pontiac GTO

yea sorry about that I droped the turbo on my hand while installing it and i am at work it making it hard to type and think about what i am doing.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

crap, now I feel bad for you, lol. If you're like me you'd rather hurt your hand than have it fall on the ground though

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

Congrats on the kit, but you've got some nuggets to be boosting before you tune it. Have fun.
    2002 Camaro SS-STS kit, LME built 370, h/c, and a bunch of other stuff

5psi-456 rwhp 498 rwtq ran out of fuel!!

Barbados Blue
    2004 Pontiac GTO

I am only at the kit stock boost levels 5 psi and i have tune a little with 38lbs injectors. I used the diablo tuner to do it seem fine no knock yet.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

At least you have some kind of tuning done. But I gotta tell ya, I had a mail order tune for my car at 5 psi, and since I've learned a lot more about tuning...I now know that it wasn't really that safe. Just be careful, and make sure the car isn't running lean. I didn't want to read through everything posted...do you have any gauges in the car?

Barbados Blue
    2004 Pontiac GTO

yea i got a a/f gauge and a boost gauge and I also have a diablo tuner which allows me to readd all the sensor and see if the knock sensor is picking anything up. today is a very hot day hopfully i can check everything to day and see if i am seeing any detnation.

Artic White
    2002 Ws6

congrats on the turbo i have been debating whether or not to get one. How much power you think you really got?

Barbados Blue
    2004 Pontiac GTO

There is no dought that i can easly make big power with this kit. I am probly makeing a good 380 rwhp with no intercooler and 4 psi with no dyno tune. and it be easy to shoot those numbers up. But there is somthing I did not expect when I installed the turbo. My car drives wierd. I have had superchargers I have run nos but turbos it make the car fill so wierd. like for intance I get full 5psi of bost at 2500 Rpm roughly you would think the car would start pulling like a mad man at that point but it tricks you. youthink its pulling then all of the sudden out of know where about 3500 4000 rpms BAM its hit hard and scarry cuase your no excpeting it the car goes sideways and your pssing in your paints cuase you was on a 2 lane road taking up both lanes. unlike a blower you know where you power is going to be and how much boost it will take. and nos is on or off with the pills you set.

2002 Trans Am

Even though you found the problem that caused the fuse to blow, be sure to check ALL your wiring. I had the same problem and a week after I fixed it, it happened again. Found out there was another problem, the wires had melted to the exhaust manifold. Had to rewire the whole SOB.

lee1rbc
    This past Sunday I was at Fayetteville dragway and a T/A was running 10.60s with the sts syst. WOW! congrats!

Black SVT & Silver WS6
    2003 SVT Cobra & 2002 WS6

can someone shoot me up some info on this STS system.. a few websites would be appreciated..

i've got an 02 WS6

thanks guys - Corona
    No replacement for displacement.

Click for full size

2002 Trans Am

Barbados Blue
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by lee1rbc
    This past Sunday I was at Fayetteville dragway and a T/A was running 10.60s with the sts syst. WOW! congrats!

Thats great are you still on the stock block. what kind of boost are you pushing.

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

I've really considered one of these kits as a future mod...I just hate to lose my muffler and tailpipes...oh well...nothing more powerwise until the 12 bolt goes in. good luck with the STS!
    95 Exploder

01 R1 coming?

2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by lee1rbc
    I'll be running that or better within the next couple months.

Yellow
    2005 GTO

I thought the Diablo was only good for say "this button for fast" "This button for faster." haha

What did it do for you?? Should I spend my money on the Diablo or LS1 edit??

Diablo seems to elementary and the LS1 edit too professional. Complicated.

Yellow
    2005 GTO

Also, I just added NOS and I need some feedback from my O2 sensors. I cant decide on a gauge & got tired of the indecision so I crawled under there to run a wire off the O2 sensor to a VOM & found 4 wires. Was just one on my LT1. Anyway, more indecision, $100 gauge, or a $200 scan tool will give me the O2 voltage, or a $400 Diablo to do some minor?? editing in addition to monitoring?

What do I do? Oh yea, lets not forget $500 LS1 edit.

What?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information