Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gen ttr turbo kit

This is a discussion on Gen ttr turbo kit within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Yea your right there really isnt a problem with drilling the oil pan, but we at STS like to make ...

Silver
    02' Camaro SS

Yea your right there really isnt a problem with drilling the oil pan, but we at STS like to make it easier for the customer to install. And it is nice to switch to the bmr K, but once again you cant tell me that it is easy to install. I also dont like the oil pump idea and i work there. Honestly though what is it you dont like about it. I am curious since i work there we are always trying to make things better. Imput is Golden
    A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK!!!!

81 camaro
    2001 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Nielson View Post
    Yea your right there really isnt a problem with drilling the oil pan, but we at STS like to make it easier for the customer to install. And it is nice to switch to the bmr K, but once again you cant tell me that it is easy to install. I also dont like the oil pump idea and i work there. Honestly though what is it you dont like about it. I am curious since i work there we are always trying to make things better. Imput is Golden
    my problem is that it's rear mounted and i haved heared tons of bad storys from people whom had this setup and y dont yall make any front mounted turbo kits

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

i never said i didnt like the kit....to be quite honest with you...if i owned a Vette, STS twins would be the route i would take. its a great kit for the price compared to all the others available. i have no problem with STS or its design. however for the F-bodies i just like a conventional system of the turbo's located up higher and next to the block to avoid having to use the pumps..thats all.

Silver
    02' Camaro SS

Do you like your aps kit and can you tell me what you like about it and what you dont like about it. Also how much did it cost and did it come with tunning, fuel man.,or gauges.

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

Do you like your aps kit and can you tell me what you like about it and what you dont like about it. Also how much did it cost and did it come with tunning, fuel man.,or gauges.
    so far i love it....doin the install as we speak and so far we've had no major set backs. the reason i like it is b/c it'll make more than enough power for the street and i get to retain all my accessories. cost me $5495 to my front door. i did not order any fuel management parts cause i didnt need them and i work for HSW so we do our own tuning using HPtuners. APS does not offer any tunes with kits. no gauges either.
    2000 WS.6 Trans am M6
    402 W/APS Twin turbos for support...
    1999 Firebird Formula Hardtop M6
    www.cardomain.com/id/twinturboramair

Black
    1998 Camaro SS

Do you know when this new STS kit will be available??

Silver
    02' Camaro SS

It is looking for early march- late feb. But i will let you know if it comes sooner, we are really backed up on I/C's, do to SEMA

Red
    1998 Trans Am Vert

Hey chad, I actually live in utah and look forward to doing one of your kits in the very near future..............why wouldnt you do anything to the motor?

p.s your customer service guys kick ass! I talked to the gut with the 130,xxx mile Trans am for almost 45 minutes and was very curtious.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information