Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

F-body Turbo systems Real world?

This is a discussion on F-body Turbo systems Real world? within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by zero_proto I have a sleeved, forged stock cube motor, going to be getting afr heads. Built 6-speed ...

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    I have a sleeved, forged stock cube motor, going to be getting afr heads. Built 6-speed and i am thinking about getting a textrailia clutch, i currently have a spec 3+ but i am not a fan of it so far, i don't think it will hold too long. I am not sure on the fuel system, i told my buddy who is building my car to make it stout enough to support as much power as the APS kit can make. Vette brake setup. Everything that could be done in the supsension department, torque arm/ safety loop, diamond sfc's, panhard, lca's, hotchkis springs and konia SA's all around.

I got almost everything i need done. The only thing left is the heads, cam, and rear.
    The rear should be done by time i get back, hopefully the heads and cam too, but i am looking around a bit. I don't thing i am going to go 12 or 9, i am keeping the little guy in the back. I am going to probably get a moser kit for the rear and get mikronite on the gears.
    My buddy said if he found a good deal though he would get me something stout.
    I have not seen much of any progress on my car, i just am told what parts have arrived. I want to be suprised on what the finished product is. As of now, my car is pretty much waiting for the APS kit to get there.............then it is on for game time.
    holymods batman im jealous.. btw t/a388 check out rpm in lewisville.. its neardallas texas adn right by where i live.. they specialize in forced induction... www.real-performance-motorsports.com give them a call... tell them what youwant and what you got and at least they can give you an est... any help is help right? btw i mean they specialize in forced induction on lsx series engine so they will be of HIGH help to you

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

mods............that is why i am poor.

Silver

mods............that is why i am poor.
    well its better thanwhy im poor... owning ls1... mademe poor... iwish it was modsmaking me poor... see i cant even afford a working spacebar

teal

Sorry man. Well i am not rich either, i am in the navy. I am just lucky enough to be sailing out in the ocean and saving money, thats the way i get money to spend on the car.

Silver

Sorry man. Well i am not rich either, i am in the navy. I am just lucky enough to be sailing out in the ocean and saving money, thats the way i get money to spend on the car.
    yeah my friend is the same way.. just got back from 9 month trip bought a terminator and is about to go back and while hes gone its in shop getting a custom TT setup... you darned soldier and your tt beasts

White
    98 Trans AM

Bullet, I really want to see your build when you get here! Thanks again for the offer on that. Very cool of you!

As of late I have been talking with a shop down here in Houston that is talking about a custom twin turbo setup. Supposed to go into the shop again this weekend so they can check a few other things and start to finalize how the build could go. I know I will take a major dump when I hear the price!

I went by the local APS dealer as well this past Friday. The guy told me I could check out his Vette with a new APS install but no one was there. Called the number and got an anwering machine. So no ride in the APS Vette as of yet.
    98 T/A: HPE 5.3 Heads, 238/242 113 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 stepped LT headers, Custom Y pipe, Cut out, Borla, NW 90MM TB, FAST 90MM Intake, TB Bypass, Under Drive Power steering and Crank, 150 Dry NOS, Yella Terra rockers, 3400 TC, HPE tuning,

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

well...most of us got our kits...heres a pic of mine, didnt unwrap everything yet but someone else did and posted his pics so i posted his link also...enjoy.

heres the link...
    http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=766368

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Transam388 View Post
    Bullet, I really want to see your build when you get here! Thanks again for the offer on that. Very cool of you!

As of late I have been talking with a shop down here in Houston that is talking about a custom twin turbo setup. Supposed to go into the shop again this weekend so they can check a few other things and start to finalize how the build could go. I know I will take a major dump when I hear the price!

I went by the local APS dealer as well this past Friday. The guy told me I could check out his Vette with a new APS install but no one was there. Called the number and got an anwering machine. So no ride in the APS Vette as of yet.
    im not the one going to houston wit ha nice car thats zeroproto... im just a guy with a dream, and a moderately modded t/a, but yeah thats cool about the houston... but do me a favor and dont make the mistake of not calling rpm.. good place i promise... no pressure at allll of actually using them but get a quote!!!

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by TNTramair View Post
    well...most of us got our kits...heres a pic of mine, didnt unwrap everything yet but someone else did and posted his pics so i posted his link also...enjoy.

Click for full size

heres the link...
    http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=766368
    holy poo thats incredible.. those are big turbos for being TT... whats that gonna pull on like 12 psi?

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    holy poo thats incredible.. those are big turbos for being TT... whats that gonna pull on like 12 psi?
    the turbos are actually pretty small by todays standards however with two of them and a big motor they should put out pretty decent power. at 7.5 psi they put down little over 600rwhp on a stock cubed vette. the system is good for about 850rwhp on stock cubes and built motor and complimenting components. we'll see what it will do on my 402 though.... im not lookin for insane horsepower like some guys...i want a nice cruiser that puts down a decent amount of power....if 7.5psi gets me to 650rwhp, there will be no need for me to turn up the boost...

teal

yeah my setup got to the shop on the 13th, i'm so pysched.
    I am going to squeez as much a i can out of my kit on stock cubes, maybe down the line i'll switch out my internals and increase the cubes a bit.

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by TNTramair View Post
    the turbos are actually pretty small by todays standards however with two of them and a big motor they should put out pretty decent power. at 7.5 psi they put down little over 600rwhp on a stock cubed vette. the system is good for about 850rwhp on stock cubes and built motor and complimenting components. we'll see what it will do on my 402 though.... im not lookin for insane horsepower like some guys...i want a nice cruiser that puts down a decent amount of power....if 7.5psi gets me to 650rwhp, there will be no need for me to turn up the boost...
    areed

White
    98 Trans AM

OK, been checking around and stuff and am still totally confused! I have now been speaking with a shop here in Houston that looks like they know what they are doing.? I now am possibly doing a 408 with a 76GTS single turbo. Now is where of course all the more confusion comes in. I am now seeing people saying that a 408 is to big for this turbo. Others say the setup is capable of a 1000HP.

At this point it is 75# injectors, new fuel system, the 76GTS turbo, headers, piping, and of course inter-cooler, etc. This all sounded good but then of course I start checking on the web and hear people calling the world flat and red is green....basically saying yes it is good as well as no it is a bad combo. Anyone have some input on this setup and / or questions I should be asking the shop? Thanks ya'll!! I am already working out the money for this so there will actually be photos and feedback once this does come to fruition which unless I go insane should happen within two weeks.

teal

i don't know who would say that is not a good setup. They match together very well, for one thing you won't really have any lag, And yes that setup is capable of 1000hp to the flywheel.

Don't listen to people who think they know what they are talking about, but have never been in a forced induction car. I'd believe the shop, i'm sure they have done many f.i. setups, and know what they are talking about.

White
    2002 Camaro SS

That system will work fine if the shop knows what they are doing. 1000 hp should be reachable and that thing will spool very quickly. Many would go with a slightly larger turbo though. A good site for turbo selection is forcedinductions.com. They have charts on engine air consumption vs rpm vs boost. Using those charts you will probably see that a T76 will work, but can sometimes be out of its efficiency range.

teal

well i am not sure, but that turbo would be fine as long as the engine is not so high revving.

white
    00 WS6 Trans Am

off topic for what you guys are talking about, I'm just adding to the real world turbo topic... my incon setup spools fast, is more than enough on the street, and keeps everything. No power numbers yet because I'm in the process of swapping to air to water setup, bigger turbos, new rear and tranny, etc... Too many people get caught up on power figures, etc... plenty of incon setups in the 9's though.

Pewter
    99 Z28

If you haven't fuly decided yet, check these guys out. My friend had his Z06 done here. (It's the yellow one in the second link)

http://www.turbochargedpower.com/98-...20Firebird.htm

http://www.turbochargedpower.com/Smith%20Z06.htm

If you dont want there standard kits they offer custom jobs too.

White
    2002 Camaro SS

Incon is out of business...

white
    00 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by enginjoe View Post
    Incon is out of business...

yeah, I know... you can still find the kits used though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information