Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

F-body Turbo systems Real world?

This is a discussion on F-body Turbo systems Real world? within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; aps tt kit is a good deal for me personally. I've always wanted a tt'ed car. There are a few ...

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

aps tt kit is a good deal for me personally. I've always wanted a tt'ed car.
    There are a few single turbo kits out there also. All depends on what you want. It looks like you want the same amount of power as me, plus the car is going to be my dd for a while if something were to break my girl can drive me around.
    I am going to be driving down to houston in a few months with the tt kit installed, i'm going to register the car out there instead of cali. I should be theremid october, i am going to be on leave........i'm currently on a deployment. So if you have not made up your mind by then you can have a looksy.
    Last edited by zero_proto; 07-24-2007 at 10:28 AM. Reason: brake is not the same as break

White
    98 Trans AM

Zero, I very much appreciate that offer and may take you up on it! Very cool of you to offer that.
    98 T/A: HPE 5.3 Heads, 238/242 113 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 stepped LT headers, Custom Y pipe, Cut out, Borla, NW 90MM TB, FAST 90MM Intake, TB Bypass, Under Drive Power steering and Crank, 150 Dry NOS, Yella Terra rockers, 3400 TC, HPE tuning,

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by Transam388 View Post
    Zero, I very much appreciate that offer and may take you up on it! Very cool of you to offer that.
    let me know too! i think i might put that tt on my gto it looks sweet! not to pricey

teal

No problem, i'm going to be there. It would not hurt to do so, plus i get to show it off a bit.
    I'll be posting up pics once i get back to san diego, i'll also let you know when i'll be heading out. I'll be posting in the texas forum to see if there will be anything going on while i am there in houston too.

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

By chance has anyone run this kit?

http://www.ls1turbo.com.au/ttspecs.htm

There is a huge thread on another board daying that at 17Lb they got to 912HP. The thing does look really low to the ground though. Not really sure of the whole quality of the product but the one who was installing it had very favorable things to say. The price is right also at about 5K shipped!

TNT, on the STS with it being down low and at the back has there been any issue so far as far as driving and water splashing on the turbo and causing any wear or anything other things?
    ive read a few things about the STS suckin in water but have never had that issue myself with the few cars ive dealt with. STS sells a sock for the filter for a reason though.

Gen TT's kit you posted definetly makes some good power but i was leary of where the placement of the turbos are. to me it sits very low and in a lowered street car you could run into some serious problems. not to mention, if ya ever get wheels at the track and come down hard...kiss those things goodbye. that kit was also put together within a matter of a couple weeks. not that theres anything wrong with that but in lookin at the 2 kits, its obvious who took their time with R&D to make an outstanding kit as APS did.

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    tnt i hope to have my aps kit in car fully built, tuned etc......before sept. 30th.

The sts is no as bad as everybody says, if you do it right the first time, i personally would not buy it. What are you looking to achieve in the 1/4 t/a388?
    Just like tnt i am going with the aps tt setup, that thing keeps all the original accs. and it has good clearance.
    awsome...i wish you the best of luck!!! i hope to have mine done a little earlier and get some seat time before it goes away for the winter up here in PA.

White
    98 Trans AM

Well I am going to check out a shop here in Houston who is working on a Corvette APS install and see how it looks. The shop was way cool and was even willing once it was all done to let me ride in it and see what I thought.

They did say right now APS is apparently making some changes to the F-body TT kit and that they are un available till October or there abouts. That will still give me time to check things out and check out Zero's build as well hopefully.

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Well I am going to check out a shop here in Houston who is working on a Corvette APS install and see how it looks. The shop was way cool and was even willing once it was all done to let me ride in it and see what I thought.

They did say right now APS is apparently making some changes to the F-body TT kit and that they are un available till October or there abouts. That will still give me time to check things out and check out Zero's build as well hopefully.
    yeah what shop? im looking at the aps kit too for the gto. i found a way to get them direct about $1500 cheaper than the shop i talked to. i know you talked to the same because there is only one domastic dealer in houston. im going to go look at his tt vette this weekend he live in spring right around the corner from me. pm me if you want the info on how to get those cheaper! or email you have that too

White
    2002 Camaro SS

I haven't seen anyone mention the TTi race kit which has gotten that kind of power easily. No A/C though...
    2002 Camaro SS STS T67 turbo

2003 SRT-4 some mods

Red
    1998 Trans Am Vert

I was looking at the chart and something looked funny

Its showing that the "F Body" only has 230ish horsepower and torque... ????????????? is it really on an F body?
    1998 Trans Am Vert, M6, Soon to be full of goodies......

White
    2002 Camaro SS

That was a really tired old Fbody they acquired for development according to APS. I'm sure they didn't tune it up, change the air filter or adjust anything when they made that pull. On the final pull with the tt kit on I'm sure it had new plugs, clean injectors and full tuning. They are shipping kits now, so we should see some results in a few months.

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

mine will be here on Monday....wooohooo!!!!

teal

Yeah mine will be at the shop on the 13th!!!! I have 50 days left till i am home, so i can't wait to get back.

It still stands T/A388, when i get to houston i will meet up with you so that you can check it out.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

So how much is a APS kit fully installed?

teal

Quote Originally Posted by Madcity T/A View Post
    So how much is a APS kit fully installed?
    it depends on who installs it, it is costing me 5495 to buy the kit, and how much my buddy charges me. I could not see it going over 1500 to install it.
    I also don't see the install taking over 20 hours. But my stuff is already in pieces because my engine got built with forged internals..........good stuff.

Can't forget the cost of the k-member which is pretty much 4 bills and some change.

Black

did you buy it dircetly from APS?

teal

Quote Originally Posted by Madcity T/A View Post
    did you buy it dircetly from APS?
    yep.

Black

what mods do you have done? what boost does the APS have and does it retain driveabulity?
    Last edited by Madcity T/A; 08-11-2007 at 06:00 PM.

Black

Also do you have a stock bottom end or did you build it up? and still 10 bolt or did you go up?

teal

I have a sleeved, forged stock cube motor, going to be getting afr heads. Built 6-speed and i am thinking about getting a textrailia clutch, i currently have a spec 3+ but i am not a fan of it so far, i don't think it will hold too long. I am not sure on the fuel system, i told my buddy who is building my car to make it stout enough to support as much power as the APS kit can make. Vette brake setup. Everything that could be done in the supsension department, torque arm/ safety loop, diamond sfc's, panhard, lca's, hotchkis springs and koni SA's all around.

I got almost everything i need done. The only thing left is the heads, cam, and rear.
    The rear should be done by time i get back, hopefully the heads and cam too, but i am looking around a bit. I don't thing i am going to go 12 or 9, i am keeping the little guy in the back. I am going to probably get a moser kit for the rear and get mikronite on the gears.
    My buddy said if he found a good deal though he would get me something stout.
    I have not seen much of any progress on my car, i just am told what parts have arrived. I want to be suprised on what the finished product is. As of now, my car is pretty much waiting for the APS kit to get there.............then it is on for game time.
    Last edited by zero_proto; 08-13-2007 at 11:41 AM. Reason: typo, there may be more

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information