Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ebay build up

This is a discussion on Ebay build up within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Neat, thats a good way to go about piecing it all together. Hows it coming along?...

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Neat, thats a good way to go about piecing it all together. Hows it coming along?

Green

Just waiting for the weekend to get some time to work on it.

Green

Got some shit done finally. I didn't have enough black couplers so I had to use the blue ones.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Z28_06374 View Post
    What did all of the parts cost you? My buddy pieced together a ebay kit for $500 for his Honduh b16 hatch back. He thinks hes going to beat me...
    lol,he might,i have a freind who has a 4 door honda civic who built and tuned his 1.8 and it would smoke U..personally i think it looks good,i did basically the same thing with my ls2 GTO and it flys...
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans am M6

Can you keep your a/c with that hot pipe kit?

Black
    87 GN

turbo

Is that a 70 turbo? it's looks like the one i have on my GN. i have been some very low 10's on low boost with my 70. i have a 4 bolt housing on mine also..stock is 3 bolt for us Buick guys. not sure what you are looking far as far as performance goes but that housing might be your limiting point..too much back pressure...looking good though...........Bob

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Iknowthefuture View Post
    yes you can keep it all stock except the fuel system and the turbo related peices and the tune ,the air conditioning is great ripping off 10s..

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans am M6

can you give any tips/ tricks to installing the hotside kit?

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

I would need to see your setup.

Green

If it is this kit, then you need to drill out the flanges and elongate the two end holes. Leave all the v band's loose and then tighten them up when you get the hot side where you need it to be. IIRC you have to reinstall the steering shaft before you shimmy the downpipe through there.

Green

yes

Quote Originally Posted by Super6 View Post
    Is that a 70 turbo? it's looks like the one i have on my GN. i have been some very low 10's on low boost with my 70. i have a 4 bolt housing on mine also..stock is 3 bolt for us Buick guys. not sure what you are looking far as far as performance goes but that housing might be your limiting point..too much back pressure...looking good though...........Bob
    Yea, I'll be upgrading the turbo next. I actually finished this a while ago and forgot to post it. I also got a moser 9". I ended up using a Taurus fan and it keeps it nice and cool, never goes over 195*, but hangs around 190* the most.

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Looks good. Have you had a chance to dyno, if so what number did you get, and what psi?

Green

Quote Originally Posted by doozjamann View Post
    Looks good. Have you had a chance to dyno, if so what number did you get, and what psi?
    No dyno numbers, but I ran it at the track off of the wastegate spring @ 7psi. I made a few passes and something went wrong with every single one of them. The best pass I had was spinning and had a 1.69 60' I believe 7.10@99mph. I bounced off the limiter and it was pulling 2* timing the hole way. The other passes had a coupler come un done about half way down, a pipe blew off once, and the other had the cold pipe disconnect from the turbo. The fans I had on there sucked so that wasn't helping. So I had one halfway decent run I guess. The reason the timing was pulled was because my IAT's were too high which was because my fans couldn't keep my car cooled.

These were with the old 10 bolt. I now have a 9" with 3.25 gears, drag bar, adjustable panhard bar, drag shocks, eboost2 and some new tires. The tires I had on there were some bald QTP's that you couldn't see the center line. I will also use the 2 step that I have. I'm hoping for some 6.80's next time out. By the time I get a chance to go the air will be much better, I could have probably ran that number with the cooler air. When we went it was over 100* and the humidity was atrocious. I will probably up the boost next time too.

I believe I have most of the bugs worked out. I do want to re do my vacuum lines, readjust all the cold and hot pipes, and get the rest of my suspension done. I need a torque arm and front shocks/springs.

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Still good numbers even with the problems.

Ebay turbo > STS

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 98Camarod View Post
    No dyno numbers, but I ran it at the track off of the wastegate spring @ 7psi. I made a few passes and something went wrong with every single one of them. The best pass I had was spinning and had a 1.69 60' I believe 7.10@99mph. I bounced off the limiter and it was pulling 2* timing the hole way. The other passes had a coupler come un done about half way down, a pipe blew off once, and the other had the cold pipe disconnect from the turbo. The fans I had on there sucked so that wasn't helping. So I had one halfway decent run I guess. The reason the timing was pulled was because my IAT's were too high which was because my fans couldn't keep my car cooled.

These were with the old 10 bolt. I now have a 9" with 3.25 gears, drag bar, adjustable panhard bar, drag shocks, eboost2 and some new tires. The tires I had on there were some bald QTP's that you couldn't see the center line. I will also use the 2 step that I have. I'm hoping for some 6.80's next time out. By the time I get a chance to go the air will be much better, I could have probably ran that number with the cooler air. When we went it was over 100* and the humidity was atrocious. I will probably up the boost next time too.

I believe I have most of the bugs worked out. I do want to re do my vacuum lines, readjust all the cold and hot pipes, and get the rest of my suspension done. I need a torque arm and front shocks/springs.
    turbos dont mind the heat I have ran some of my best times with high heat and humidity,keep at it, looks like its working pretty well.
    Last edited by qwkgto; 07-17-2009 at 05:47 AM.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

nice... what was the total cost for all the parts???

Green

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    nice... what was the total cost for all the parts???
    Including the rear and suspension parts it's more than I want to know. For the turbo kit and getting the fuel delivery ok it was below 3k.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information