Met Blue
    2002 WS6

:dunno: WS6 Headers, Heat and SC

Hi All,
    I've been discusing headers in the WS6 forum and since I'm building for a SC (ATI or Vortech) I thought your input would be invaluable. I'm only looking for about 6-8 # of boost as shes my daily driver. I live in CA and need to have headers with a carb #. My big question to you all has to do with with heat. I've been told by my local speed shop (JBA) that my best bet is stainless headers coated with titanium. These are made by JBA (go figure) and are stock replacements so I would keep my current Y pipe. I was told they insulate heat better than ceramic coated. In the WS6 forum the general concensis is that shortys suck and don't increase proformance much more than stock. And that long tubes are the only way to go. Any input would be great

Thanks in advance, Dave

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

go with LTs. i would think ceramic is fine. but the JBA shit wouldn't hurt, plus your probbally going to want to change your exhuast anyways..like duals with a drop off before the axle. so i'd say go with lt ceramics..i know pacesetters are the cheapest..but are almost as good as kooks and so on.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

I have seen people get almost no gain with JBA Shorty's. They look really nice on your engine though! I think Mac's mid-length headers have a carb # when used with a catted y-pipe.

JAMES RODRIGUEZ
    Do LTH or do not bother.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yes, do longtubes, especially if going SC route, you want max output flow

M3 SMG 350HP

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stubbs View Post
    Hi All,
    I've been discusing headers in the WS6 forum and since I'm building for a SC (ATI or Vortech) I thought your input would be invaluable. I'm only looking for about 6-8 # of boost as shes my daily driver. I live in CA and need to have headers with a carb #. My big question to you all has to do with with heat. I've been told by my local speed shop (JBA) that my best bet is stainless headers coated with titanium. These are made by JBA (go figure) and are stock replacements so I would keep my current Y pipe. I was told they insulate heat better than ceramic coated. In the WS6 forum the general concensis is that shortys suck and don't increase proformance much more than stock. And that long tubes are the only way to go. Any input would be great

Thanks in advance, Dave
    You are in California and unless you want to change out your headers every 2 years then go with the JBA's. I know they make a quality header and a guy on this board used to have a 99Z28 with 10psi Vortech,JBA's and Borla = 544rwhp.

Not to bad for shorties..

Thread Information